Classic Mike Tyson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Classic Mike Tyson

they are showing some of his old bouts on ESPN Classic. Good stuff. Nothing like seeing a few good beat-downs.

They've shown the Buster Douglas fight more than once recently. Now that was entertaining. The best part is the slowly mounting astonishment of the announcer.
    Official sponsor of the St. Louis Cardinals

"This is a heavyweight bout indeed."--John Rooney, Oct. 27, 2011

Comment

QUOTE(kah @ Oct 15 2005, 09:29 PM) Quoted post

They've shown the Buster Douglas fight more than once recently. Now that was entertaining. The best part is the slowly mounting astonishment of the announcer.
      [/b][/quote]
      ++

good call.

The ones I've seen so far tonight have been from the mid 80's. The fight on now is from 86 and Tyson is pounding on some guy named Steve Zouski. He should fall any second now.

Comment

Like Tyson or not, for a time he was just a monster.
        Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

Comment

Does anyone think that he would pound ultimate fighters into oblivion in his prime? I've had this conversation with people a couple of times and they always say the ultimate fighter would come out the victor. All it would take is one punch, though. So I go with Tyson.

Comment

QUOTE(ItsOnlyTheRiver @ Oct 16 2005, 12:36 AM) Quoted post
            Does anyone think that he would pound ultimate fighters into oblivion in his prime? I've had this conversation with people a couple of times and they always say the ultimate fighter would come out the victor. All it would take is one punch, though. So I go with Tyson. [/b][/quote]

I go with Mike, I have a friend who is a golden gloves guy, he just knocks people out, boxing is so much more than just throwing a good punch, it is really hitting and driving through someone face,

I am sure Tyson could get beat, but I'd say most of the time he would just lay those guys out.
            Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

Comment

QUOTE(madyaks @ Oct 16 2005, 12:39 AM) Quoted post

QUOTE(ItsOnlyTheRiver @ Oct 16 2005, 12:36 AM) Quoted post
              Does anyone think that he would pound ultimate fighters into oblivion in his prime? I've had this conversation with people a couple of times and they always say the ultimate fighter would come out the victor. All it would take is one punch, though. So I go with Tyson. [/b][/quote]

I go with Mike, I have a friend who is a golden gloves guy, he just knocks people out, boxing is so much more than just throwing a good punch, it is really hitting and driving through someone face,

I am sure Tyson could get beat, but I'd say most of the time he would just lay those guys out.
              [/b][/quote]
              Yah, I've watched his early fights where he knocked a bunch of guys out in the first round. He took a ton of punches and would throw one and they would be out cold. Amazing, he was an animal.

Comment

Working...
              X