The "professional" Cardinals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The "professional" Cardinals

All year long, players on this team talk about how professional everyone is -- they do their job, don't get too high or too low, blah, blah, blah. TLR gets great credit for that.

And I think that's the right approach for the grind of the regular season.

Now now. Screw the professional approach. We're in an alley-fight here. They've smacked us in the mouth a couple of times. It's time to hit back.

And now, since I've made the same point about 400 other times in other threads, I think I'll bid you farewell.
    "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."
    --Albert Einstein

How about getting Jimmy Edmonds to hustle on all plays. If he'd been running at full speed, he may would have beaten out a bobbled ball by Biggio.
    Make America Great For Once.

Comment

QUOTE(The Kev @ Oct 15 2005, 07:29 PM) Quoted post
      How about getting Jimmy Edmonds to hustle on all plays. If he'd been running at full speed, he may would have beaten out a bobbled ball by Biggio. [/b][/quote]

Add Walkers non hustle to that list
      Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

Comment

We played a hard nine for most of today - tomorrow we must play harder.
        Turning the other cheek is better than burying the other body.

Official Sport Lounge Sponsor of Rhode Island - Quincy Jones - Yadier Molina who knows no fear.
        God is stronger and the problem knows it.

2017 BOTB bracket

Comment

How about getting Jimmy Edmonds to hustle on all plays. If he'd been running at full speed, he may would have beaten out a bobbled ball by Biggio.
          [/b][/quote]

How about Jimbo's lack of hustle on the Burke "triple" in game two?
          When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

Comment

QUOTE(WinstonSmith @ Oct 15 2005, 10:59 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

Effing hot dog, ain't he?

Sigh.
            Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

And I wish the "professional" Grudziewhatever would stop swinging at the first effing pitch when he is mired in a 1 for 832 slump.
              Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

QUOTE(WinstonSmith @ Oct 15 2005, 10:59 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]
                I was listening on the radio, so I couldn't see if Jimmy should have taken 2nd base on his single in the 6th when Albert went to third and drew a throw.

Should Edmonds have been on 2nd base in that instance?

If so, he would have scored in that inning.

(Shannon didn't say anything about Edmonds not taking second, but he did say during the play that Albert might get thrown out for trying to take third on the play.)

Comment

Jimmy has been a major offensive disappointment this whole season, let alone October.

We're still wating for that Jimmy like offensive explosion....

I guess he's saving himself for the new ballpark.

Hard to hustle when you're crammed full of Kotex....Picked a fine time for a visit from "Aunt Flo...."

C'Mon, Jimmy, take off the pink panties, put on your jock, & get in the fucking game!

Comment

Jimmy's taken a couple of years off his career just from the way he abuses his body in the field.

Thosing diving catches are better than nice, but take a toll.
                    Damn these electric sex pants!

26+31+34+42+44+46+64+67+82+06 = 10

Bring back the death penalty for corporations!

Comment

There's no rush to give him that extension he wants.
                      And, frankly, it has never occured to me that "winning" a debate is important, or that I should be hurt when someone like Airshark or kah, among others (for whom winning a pseudo debate or declaring intellectual superiority over invisible others is obviously very important) ridicule me.

-The Artist formerly known as King in KC

Comment

QUOTE(dvyyyyyy @ Oct 16 2005, 06:39 AM) Quoted post
                        And I wish the "professional" Grudziewhatever would stop swinging at the first effing pitch when he is mired in a 1 for 832 slump. [/b][/quote]
                        You can take the boy out of the Cubs, but you can't take the Cubs out of the boy.

Official Lounge Sponsor of Lou Brock (really) and Ryan Franklin (really)*

* Payment processing. It will be official soon.

Comment

QUOTE(Damtoft @ Oct 16 2005, 09:32 AM) Quoted post

There's no rush to give him that extension he wants.
                          [/b][/quote]

++

Let him play out his contract then re-evaluate later.

Comment

Umm, the guy is 35. No way Jimmy gets an extension.
                            Un-Official Sponsor of Randy Choate and Kevin Siegrist

Comment

I see no reason to give Edmonds an extension.

He can just play out his contract and then we will see.

I'd like to see our pitchers throw inside more.

Some of them like Grudz are pressing. But, I don't see many serious signs of lack of hustle but rather playing with less than full attention to what's going on. Bear down. Gotta be mentally tougher.
                              Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

Working...
                              X