X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marquis.

Marquis has not been used...

I'll say this now.

If the Cardinals win the next 2 games and it is 3-2 cards going into game 6, Marquis starts game 6, Carpenter is held back for game 7.

I'd bet money on it.
    You're being fucking dramatic. You own a TV and an air mattress. That's not exactly what I'd call "a lot to lose."

QUOTE(Nasty Nate @ Oct 15 2005, 06:04 PM) Quoted post

I'll say this now.

If the Cardinals win the next 2 games and it is 3-2 cards going into game 6, Marquis starts game 6, Carpenter is held back for game 7.

I'd bet money on it.
    [/b][/quote]

One can hope.
    Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law ~

A.C.

Comment

I thought Carp was starting game 5?
      But wait. There is something that can be done afterall. My good friend Angelo is a cop in the Tampa/Clearwater area. Since I kept all of the files from the access logs when I had the power to see them, guess what, I have everyone's IP addresses. Hmm..what can I do w/ those??

Comment

QUOTE(Fred Garvin @ Oct 15 2005, 06:13 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

He is my fault, Mulder to game 7, Marquis game 6.

I just think LaRussa has had a couple of chances in which using Marquis would've seemed to be the best option and has decided not to, I can't help but wonder why?
        You're being fucking dramatic. You own a TV and an air mattress. That's not exactly what I'd call "a lot to lose."

Comment

QUOTE(Nasty Nate @ Oct 15 2005, 07:14 PM) Quoted post

I just think LaRussa has had a couple of chances in which using Marquis would've seemed to be the best option
          [/b][/quote]
          yeah, like today to start the 6th.
          The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance.---Socrates
          A good decision is based on knowledge and not on numbers.---Plato

Comment

[/b][/quote]

I just think LaRussa has had a couple of chances in which using Marquis would've seemed to be the best option and has decided not to, I can't help but wonder why?
            [/b][/quote]

Because this is "Postseason Tony", and everything you've seen from him between 2004-05, goes out the window in October.

Micromanagement is now the name of the game.

Comment

QUOTE(Jack Daniels @ Oct 15 2005, 08:04 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

Because this is "Postseason Tony", and everything you've seen from him between 2004-05, goes out the window in October.

[/b][/quote]

++

I'd call it wishful management, at best, and moronic management, at worst. Does Tony really believe that the Cardinals finished with 100 victories because of Walker? He in a slump ... he's got serious physical problems ... he's 39 years old ... he requires umteen hours of PT just to get ready to play ... yet he is placed in the 4 or 5 slot. Insanity, I say.

Marquis is being demonized by many on this board because he had the nerve (can you even imagine
              [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/unsure.gif[/img]) to vocalize his competitive nature and belief in his abiliies to a PD wienie. Marquis is probably being silently "disciplined" by Tony for the same reason.

No need to panic because Sander's hot bat might be gone for a while. Manage one game at a time ... like you did all season long Tony! Do you hear me?
              Norman Chad, syndicated columnist: “Sports radio, reflecting our sinking culture, spends entire days advising managers and coaches, berating managers and coaches, firing managers and coaches and searching the countryside for better middle relievers. If they just redirected their energy toward, say, crosswalk-signal maintenance, America would be 2 percent more livable.”

"The best argument against democracy," someone (Churchill?) said, "is a five minute conversation with the average voter."

Comment

QUOTE(nick2 @ Oct 16 2005, 07:05 AM) Quoted post

QUOTE(Jack Daniels @ Oct 15 2005, 08:04 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

++

I'd call it wishful management, at best, and moronic management, at worst. Does Tony really believe that the Cardinals finished with 100 victories because of Walker? He in a slump ... he's got serious physical problems ... he's 39 years old ... he requires umteen hours of PT just to get ready to play ... yet he is placed in the 4 or 5 slot. Insanity, I say.

Marquis is being demonized by many on this board because he had the nerve (can you even imagine
                [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/unsure.gif[/img]) to vocalize his competitive nature and belief in his abiliies to a PD wienie. Marquis is probably being silently "disciplined" by Tony for the same reason.

No need to panic because Sander's hot bat might be gone for a while. Manage one game at a time ... like you did all season long Tony! Do you hear me?
                [/b][/quote]

Yeah, just like he forgot all about Pat Hentgen in the 2000 playoffs.

When he finally did summon Hentgen, he hadn't pitched in 16 DAYS!

So, of course, he was awful....

I can Imagine 'quis being left on the shelf this way, only to be dusted off later, and it'll be easier for Walt & Tony to dispatch him in the offseason, after pointing the finger of blame, and making him this season's scapegoat.

Comment

Marq needs the ball today.
                  Un-Official Sponsor of Randy Choate and Kevin Siegrist

Comment

QUOTE(Nasty Nate @ Oct 15 2005, 07:04 PM) Quoted post

I'll say this now.

I'd bet money on it.
                    [/b][/quote]

Carpenter will start game 5. How is he going to start game 7 too?
                    Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

Yeah, holding back Mulder for game 7 isn't a bad play.

I think Morris has started his last game.

Tony trusted him and the guy couldn't get it done because he couldn't finish off mediocre hitters when he had then down in the count.
                      Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

Clemens was just as hittable as Morris yesterday. Their hitters worked counts, ours didn't.

Comment

QUOTE(lazydaze @ Oct 16 2005, 12:12 PM) Quoted post

Clemens was just as hittable as Morris yesterday. Their hitters worked counts, ours didn't.
                          [/b][/quote]

I disagree. Morris left pitches up and out over the plate when the count was in his favor...and the Astros made him pay.
                          Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

I disagree. Lamb hit a ball down and away.
                            opposite field to the crawford boxes. He wanted the tough pitches more than our guys did.

Lanes RBI single was abit over the plate, but he was fooled and barely got around...

Sorry, this is eerily reminiscent of the WS last year. Offense does not sak up. I know it's easier to blame the scapegoat Matty Mo, but he was every bit as good as Clemens last night. Which wasn't dominate, but effective. Our offense just can't muster anything when on stage.

Comment

QUOTE(lazydaze @ Oct 16 2005, 12:26 PM) Quoted post

I disagree. Lamb hit a ball down and away.
                              opposite field to the crawford boxes. He wanted the tough pitches more than our guys did.

Lanes RBI single was abit over the plate, but he was fooled and barely got around...

Sorry, this is eerily reminiscent of the WS last year. Offense does not sak up. I know it's easier to blame the scapegoat Matty Mo, but he was every bit as good as Clemens last night. Which wasn't dominate, but effective. Our offense just can't muster anything when on stage.
                              [/b][/quote]

Yeah, RIGHT where Lamb likes it.

The strategy was to tie Lamb up inside because he loves to poke pitches over that short porch..Morris failed to execute. He deserves his scapegoat title.

No argument regarding our hitters. They had their shots vs a Clemens not his best and failed to deliver.
                              Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

Working...
                              X