Like Every Other Year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Like Every Other Year

Rolen, Sanders, Reyes, Nunez. Even Walker to an extent.

Same as every fucking year.

When was the last time the Cardinals were ever healthy in a postseason?
    When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

When's the last time they had any younger players?
    And, frankly, it has never occured to me that "winning" a debate is important, or that I should be hurt when someone like Airshark or kah, among others (for whom winning a pseudo debate or declaring intellectual superiority over invisible others is obviously very important) ridicule me.

-The Artist formerly known as King in KC

Comment

QUOTE(Damtoft @ Oct 15 2005, 05:53 PM) Quoted post
      When's the last time they had any younger players? [/b][/quote]

++

Comment

QUOTE(Damtoft @ Oct 15 2005, 05:53 PM) Quoted post
        When's the last time they had any younger players? [/b][/quote]

Fair point
        Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

Comment

Rolen, Nunez, Reyes aren't even baseball old.

Coleman wasn't old. I mean, its the same thing every year. We constantly get people hurt either during or before the playoffs.

And, it always burns us.
          When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

Comment

More and more each day I'm convinced I'll never be able to witness a championship being won by the St. Louis Cardinals. As great as the SB win was in 1999, I'll gladly trade that for a Cardinal championship. But hey, at least they won one in my lifetime.

Comment

Thanks for the insight, asshole.

Self-aggrandizement is your specialty. Probably the only thing you're good at.

Comment

Gents ... settle down.

Personal attacks aren't going to be tolerated anymore.

JD don't respond.

Winston .. chill out.

Comment

Ridiculous.

But, whatever, you've got the power and ain't afraid to wield it.

Your fucking party.

Comment

QUOTE(GreatestShow99 @ Oct 15 2005, 06:15 PM) Quoted post

More and more each day I'm convinced I'll never be able to witness a championship being won by the St. Louis Cardinals. As great as the SB win was in 1999, I'll gladly trade that for a Cardinal championship. But hey, at least they won one in my lifetime.
                    [/b][/quote]

huh? You will never witness a championship but they have won one during your life?
                    Sponsor of:
                    Brian Elliott
                    Kolten Wong & the arch in the outfield grass at Busch Stadium
                    5-29-14-House77 turns down offer of free beer from me

Comment

QUOTE(GreatestShow99 @ Oct 15 2005, 07:15 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

What a crybaby.

Comment

Winston -

Sanders will be back - as will Nunez - and Walker played today.

We will get healthy and we will win.
                        Turning the other cheek is better than burying the other body.

Official Sport Lounge Sponsor of Rhode Island - Quincy Jones - Yadier Molina who knows no fear.
                        God is stronger and the problem knows it.

2017 BOTB bracket

Comment

QUOTE(Schwahalala @ Oct 15 2005, 07:06 PM) Quoted post
                          Winston -

Sanders will be back - as will Nunez - and Walker played today.

We will get healthy and we will win. [/b][/quote]

The post season is such a crap shoot. Very rarely will on team be dominating.

Comment

QUOTE(GreatestShow99 @ Oct 15 2005, 04:15 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

Christ almight God this place is slpipping..no one has done it, so I guess I'll have to...

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cubs.gif[/img]
                            OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF INDEPENDENT MUSIC
                            OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF YOUR 2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!!!
                            OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF WACHA WACHA WACHA
                            OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF PICKS AND PROSPECTS FOR THE OAKLAND ATHLETICS

Comment

QUOTE(Blues Fan in SF @ Oct 15 2005, 07:09 PM) Quoted post

QUOTE(GreatestShow99 @ Oct 15 2005, 04:15 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

Christ almight God this place is slpipping..no one has done it, so I guess I'll have to...

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cubs.gif[/img]
                              [/b][/quote]
                              Well, right now their fans aren't angry and stressed out are they?

Sometimes I wonder why I give a shit. It always ends up like this, meanwhile expansion teams like the fucking Florida Marlins can win 2 World Series championships in the last 10 years. Like anyone down there gives a shit.

Before anyone takes that as an opportunity to bash the current regime and say "FIRE TLR FIRE JOCKETTY!" I'll say that is the worst thing they could do. This current regime has led us to the playoffs 5 out of the last 6 years with one National League pennant. Getting rid of them is NOT the answer - it would only cause us to get worse.

That said, this shit is getting old and my hatred is growing for the fucking ASStros. I hate any team that gets in the way of our World Championship thats been on hold since 19fucking82. They won one in my lifetime, yes - but I wasn't old enough to remember it nor have it mean that much to me. This is my experience. And right now, this experience - year after year - SUCKS. Its that important to me. Almost all of my clothes I wear have something to do with the St. Louis Cardinals. And every year my heart gets torn out.

I actually miss 1998, where winning wasn't the most important thing. Just homeruns and the entertainment that came with that.

This is no fun.

Official lounge sponsor of new Busch Stadium!

Comment

Working...
                              X