Women in the military

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Women in the military

I was wondering what everyone's take on this is. I never really cared/thought about it, but I am watching Oprah (shut up, I'm bored) and they have Iraqi vets on. Most of the guys are basically okay emotianally, but this one chick is really messed up. Just coincidence, or a result of men being more culturally engineered to handle the harshness of war?

Thoughts.
    Lounge sponsor of Gary Brackett, Reggie Wayne, Henrik Zetterberg (not lounge approved) and all country music.

I'm ok with you joining the military. If a man can do it, so can you sister!

Comment

Can an admin please change 4everslow’s member title to #1 Oprah Fan?

Thanks,

T
      If you believe in something sacrifice a hobo to it or don't bother.

Comment

Originally posted by Turd Ferguson@Apr 6 2004, 04:00 PM
        Can an admin please change 4everslow’s member title to #1 Oprah Fan?

Thanks,

T
        hey, ain't something I'm proud of, but what else is on in that time slot?
        Lounge sponsor of Gary Brackett, Reggie Wayne, Henrik Zetterberg (not lounge approved) and all country music.

Comment

Keep them in the supply corp where they belong.

Thank God I missed all this nonsense. The Waves used to be in areas where they belonged, on shore and DEFINITELY contributing.

It's so stupid to have them onboard and in (in the other forces) in action. It's just, stupid.

I don't care what anyone else thinks, find me some guy who wants a girl covering his back?

I don't think so.

Comment

Originally posted by DaLode@Apr 6 2004, 04:05 PM
            Keep them in the supply corp where they belong.

Thank God I missed all this nonsense. The Waves used to be in areas where they belonged, on shore and DEFINITELY contributing.

It's so stupid to have them onboard and in (in the other forces) in action. It's just, stupid.

I don't care what anyone else thinks, find me some guy who wants a girl covering his back?

I don't think so.
            I was in the middle of posting the exact same thing.

Nothing wrong with them in the military, but I dare you to find a soul in the armed services who wants a woman out there with them in battle conditions.

I'm not naive or unsympathetic to women; far from it. But this is a life-and-death matter.
            The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life. -TR

OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF NEW YORK CITY, TEDDY ROOSEVELT AND THE MARYLAND TERRAPINS

Madyaks2 Thought Of The Day: I'm just as dumb as madyaks1.

Comment

They should be allowed to be in the military, but they should have to meet the same qualifications as men. Walter Williams had some great examples of women getting positions based on lower standards, which eventually led to millions and millions of dollars of destroyed equipment, namely jets.
              Asked what he would do differently in Iraq, Kerry said, "Right now, what I would do differently is, I mean, look, I'm not the president, and I didn't create this mess so I don't want to acknowledge a mistake that I haven't made."

Comment

Women have served in combat situations in the Israeli military for many years without many of the problems that are suggested. They engage in some serious shit, and problems such as fraternization, rape, lacking confidence in their ability to hold up or do their job have not been borne out. In a word, they kick some serious ass.

Besides, Meg Ryan did a credible job under duress, while Matt Damon and Lou Diamond -Phillips were wetting their pants.

Moon

Comment

Originally posted by Moon Man@Apr 6 2004, 04:15 PM
                  Women have served in combat situations in the Israeli military for many years without many of the problems that are suggested. They engage in some serious shit, and problems such as fraternization, rape, lacking confidence in their ability to hold up or do their job have not been borne out. In a word, they kick some serious ass.

Besides, Meg Ryan did a credible job under duress, while Matt Damon and Lou Diamond -Phillips were wetting their pants.

Moon
                  Check out the amount of pregnant Waves there have been since they've been allowed onboard American Navy ships.

Now, if the goal is to give us swabbies some R&R at sea, fine. But the problem is that they take the place of a man who can save your life.

The Israelies? No comment.

Comment

Well - I'd share a foxhole with Col. Sarah Mckenzie.......actually ...I'd share a ....nevermind....

Stryker

Comment

I dont want to share her hole.

Not to get this off topic...
                      When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

Comment

Originally posted by WinstonSmith@Apr 6 2004, 04:39 PM
                        I dont want to share her hole.

Not to get this off topic...
                        who cares, it does say or anything else you want to talk about, like why Turd has breakfast in his avatar.

Comment

I have served in the military and they did not bother me one bit. Granted I did not have experience in a battle zone with them, so I can't speak for that part. Some of the stories I have heard the guys tell though would make most feel queezy. It is not everyday where your buddies are wounded, killed, or you are killing or injuring others. Or just seeing something you only see in movies like Platoon.
                          Sponsor of:
                          Brian Elliott
                          Kolten Wong & the arch in the outfield grass at Busch Stadium
                          5-29-14-House77 turns down offer of free beer from me

Comment

Originally posted by Cubs4ever+Apr 6 2004, 05:41 PM-->
                            QUOTE (Cubs4ever @ Apr 6 2004, 05:41 PM)

Originally posted by Turd Ferguson+Apr 6 2004, 06:36 PM-->
                            QUOTE (Turd Ferguson @ Apr 6 2004, 06:36 PM)
                            Originally posted by [email protected] 6 2004, 05:41 PM
                            Working...
                            X