No announcement yet.

Does anyone know a good auto bodyshop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone know a good auto bodyshop?

I'm unsure if people are upset at me or my vehicles, but for whatever reason they appear to ge getting dinged left and right for the past few months.

This morning a young gentleman decided he'd check and see if the ass end of my truck ('95 Chevy c1500) is as difficult to wound as it appeared. It wasn't.
    Normally this wouldn't matter all that much, however this is one of my customised vehicles and the entire rearend of it has been heavily modified. As such I can't take this to a normal bodyshop because:
    A) They'd be clueless as to what the parts are and where to get them
    B) They wouldn't know how to make them fit together properly.
    The body shop has to be good at body filler and paint, I'd prefer it if they had done custom vehicles before.

Any suggestions, besides getting a Mac?
    "Whaddya mean I hurt your feelings?"
    "I didn't know you
    had any feelings"

Automotive Services Autobody
    10425 Watson Rd
    Saint Louis, MO 63127-1107
    (314) 821-8870

They do good work, if you look at the place you will think I am nuts, but seriously they are very good.
    Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

Comment

Bumping an old thread here.

Looking for an inexpensive body shop for some work on my daughter's old car (which I now use as a run-around car). It's a little Mazda Protege and it has some rust areas over the rear fenders that I'd like taken out. It doesn't need to be perfect. In fact, if the color doesn't quite match, I'm okay with that. It just needs to basically look decent. The car isn't worth that much to sink elaborate body work into. Just want to take care of the rusty areas. I'm in the Kirkwood area.

Thanks. I'll hang up and listen.
      Authorized Covfefe dealer in MO, IL, AR, KS and OK

Comment

Not as much difference between shops as just about all of them seem to be cut and paste as far as rust repair. I would probably look out somewhere in JeffCo, in the city you will be paying for the shop as well as the repair.
        "There is an old saying that goes 'no matter how good you are, there is always someone better.' That someone is me." - Chiun

I require the lubrication to successfully handle some of them. *sigh*- Sunuvanun

Matrem tuam pedicavi

"I kinda dig Johnson" -Triggercut

Comment

I had a Protege for a while. My friends called it the Protegay. I know this is no help to you.

Comment

Originally posted by blue zone View Post
            Not as much difference between shops as just about all of them seem to be cut and paste as far as rust repair. I would probably look out somewhere in JeffCo, in the city you will be paying for the shop as well as the repair.
            I've thought about taking it to Farmington because my mother-in-law is there and I'm pretty familiar with the town. It probably would be cheaper except then I've got the hassle of having my wife shuttle me down there. Maybe worth it. I'm still game to try someone local though.

Originally posted by Utah View Post
            I had a Protege for a while. My friends called it the Protegay. I know this is no help to you.
            You'll be quite pleased to learn that I just took the sorority letter decals off the back windshield after driving around with them for about 8 months. Dig me.

Comment

Originally posted by onthetrail View Post

Looking for an inexpensive body shop for some work on my daughter's old car (which I now use as a run-around car). It's a little Mazda Protege and it has some rust areas over the rear fenders that I'd like taken out. It doesn't need to be perfect. In fact, if the color doesn't quite match, I'm okay with that. It just needs to basically look decent. The car isn't worth that much to sink elaborate body work into. Just want to take care of the rusty areas. I'm in the Kirkwood area.

Red LaMore on Gore in Webster. Good prices - good work.

Moon

Comment

Originally posted by Moon Man View Post

Moon
                Thanks Moon. I'll have to check them out.

Comment

I would rather have rust than a mismatch color deal going, and not spend any money. That being said, Alsup Auto Body, over by Cheezy is a good, honest shop.

Comment

If you are not too worried about the finished product...check tech schools or something similar.
                    Feb. 08, 2005
                    Lois Lane: What's the general opinion of a gal asking the guy out?

Forever
                    Lounge sponsor of YYZ and his Mardi Gras crew.
                    Originally posted by Airshark
                    NSane has already won - because the Sharks are well and truly ef'ed.

Comment

Thanks Moon. I'll have to check them out.
                      I'll 2nd that one. Don't go to Shaeffer next door to them, too expensive.

Comment

My cousin has his own shop but he's out in the Gray Summit/Labadie area. Didn't know if you wanted to drive that far for something like this.
                        It's like algebra...why you gotta put numbers and letters together. Why can't you just go fuck yourself?

Comment

Moon
                          I was going to say that as well.

Comment

Moon
                            Ended up going to Red LaMore. Great work and great service. I'm sold on this business.

Comment

Moon
                              Originally posted by ijm View Post
                              I'll 2nd that one. Don't go to Shaeffer next door to them, too expensive.
                              Originally posted by Box & Won View Post
                              I was going to say that as well.
                              Ended up going to Red LaMore. Great work and great service. I'm sold on this business.

Moon

Comment

Working...
                              X