"Last game at Busch?"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Last game at Busch?"

So last night, I'm drunk and lamenting the loss.

"Dunno if we can win one in that fucked up stadium there in Houston," I said, but quickly added. "Screw it. We have to. We will."

A buddy, trying to turn the knife a little, says "Hey, that coulda been the last game at Busch. John Mabry, 6-3 putout."

That stuck me pretty bad. No way it ends like this. It can't.

Enough with 007's queer "remember 1982?" song. We're bringing this thing back, either for a Game 6 or for Game 3 of the World Series. We're coming back to Busch.

Here's the fucking theme song, bitches:

"St. Louis" (Features future AC/DC managers George Young--Angus and Malcolm's older brother--and Harry Vanda on guitar)
    I like cheese.

QUOTE(triggercut1 @ Oct 14 2005, 11:23 PM) Quoted post

So last night, I'm drunk and lamenting the loss.

"Dunno if we can win one in that fucked up stadium there in Houston," I said, but quickly added. "Screw it. We have to. We will."

A buddy, trying to turn the knife a little, says "Hey, that coulda been the last game at Busch. John Mabry, 6-3 putout."

That stuck me pretty bad. No way it ends like this. It can't.

Enough with 007's queer "remember 1982?" song. We're bringing this thing back, either for a Game 6 or for Game 3 of the World Series. We're coming back to Busch.

Here's the fucking theme song, bitches:

"St. Louis" (Features future AC/DC managers George Young--Angus and Malcolm's older brother--and Harry Vanda on guitar)
    [/b][/quote]

That is fucking sweet Trig...

I love it...
    " Look, forget the myths the media's created about the White House--the truth is, these are not very bright guys, and things got out of hand."

Comment

I keep listening...and I love it even without the playoff/Cardinal connection...

Fox needs to get ahold of that...

As does ESPN and the local media...
      " Look, forget the myths the media's created about the White House--the truth is, these are not very bright guys, and things got out of hand."

Comment

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
        Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
        -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

QUOTE(_STLfan_in_DFW @ Oct 14 2005, 11:28 PM) Quoted post

I keep listening...and I love it even without the playoff/Cardinal connection...

[/b][/quote]

Never understood why that song wasn't a radio staple when I was growing up. First time I heard it was when I was in college, at the campus radio station. DJ played it after we lost Game 2 of the 1985 LCS, and I made sure it got played before game 6 of the LCS in 1987 and Game 3 of the World Series that same year.
          I like cheese.

Comment

Okay..this is my third post with no interjection...so some asscake is going to accuse me of something or other...

But I love this song... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img]

"Show me the way to St. Louis...Show me the way........"

SportsLounge folks...you NEED to hear this....

I think CG will like this...

Comment

QUOTE(*007* @ Oct 14 2005, 11:31 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

I can't hear that...my volume is too high...

"Show me the way to St. Louis...Show me the way..." [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif[/img]

(Edit: It's the same song, isn't it?)

Comment

[/b][/quote]

Won't happen...FOX is too interested in the Sox/Angels.

Send this to Dev in a PM, he knows people at FOX.

Comment

That is fucking perfect. How is this not played all the time?

I'm gonna listen again and again.
                  The noise was good, but I thought they phoned in a lot of the funk.

Co-Sponsor of Yadi Molina, possessor of the best waxed eyebrows in the league.

Sponsor of steveInebriated and fetcher of cold beer.

Comment

QUOTE(gibsongirl @ Oct 14 2005, 11:37 PM) Quoted post

That is fucking perfect. How is this not played all the time?

I'm gonna listen again and again.
                    [/b][/quote]

++

It's excellent. Trig rocks...

Comment

QUOTE(Jack Daniels @ Oct 14 2005, 11:36 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]I've heard FAWX use this for a regular season game...

Comment

A couple weeks ago there was an NPR story about how they always play "Sweet Caroline" at Fenway. This song would blow that out of the water.

Hot damn, I'm ready for the game.
                        The noise was good, but I thought they phoned in a lot of the funk.

Co-Sponsor of Yadi Molina, possessor of the best waxed eyebrows in the league.

Sponsor of steveInebriated and fetcher of cold beer.

Comment

QUOTE(*007* @ Oct 14 2005, 11:42 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

Thanks, Mr. Wet Blanket... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

QUOTE(_STLfan_in_DFW @ Oct 14 2005, 11:44 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]Don't make me embed that other song, Hank [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

QUOTE(*007* @ Oct 14 2005, 11:48 PM) Quoted post

QUOTE(_STLfan_in_DFW @ Oct 14 2005, 11:44 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]Don't make me embed that other song, Hank [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]
                              [/b][/quote]

You're low ballin' now... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X