Gunners & Real Madrid are OUT.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gunners & Real Madrid are OUT.

Chelsea with its English players, especially Frank Lampard and Joe Cole leading the way FINALLY won at Highbury tonight 2-1. Only goal by Arsenal was with 15 seconds added in the first-half extra time.....Reyes.

Monaco just overwhelmed Real (without Becks) 3-1.

The 2 favorites are out. Maybe the Cardinals will win this division. There is hope afterall.

I am more shocked about Monaco beating Real Madrid.

Monaco that good? Well apparently they are tonight.

Great win for them. No doubt Monaco is celebrating now - if they can ditch the tuxedos

Arsenal is choking just like they did last year.

What's it with them?

han solo

Comment

Originally posted by hansolo@Apr 6 2004, 03:27 PM
      I am more shocked about Monaco beating Real Madrid.

Monaco that good? Well apparently they are tonight.

Great win for them. No doubt Monaco is celebrating now - if they can ditch the tuxedos

Arsenal is choking just like they did last year.

What's it with them?

han solo
      My son and I agree that, including the late bit Henry came on against Man U on Saturday, that's 17 'shots' in row that have been WAY off target. He got taken out tonight with about 10 minutes left. He's off form.

But again, for a guy who doesn't score for his league team in Europe nor for his country in the World Cup, why should we all be surprised?

The word 'choked' that you used has been the most popular one with the writers and 'experts' in the media when talking about Arsenal these past few days.

Spot on observation mate.

Comment

Arsenal played absolutely dreadfully today.

Comment

Originally posted by DaLode+Apr 6 2004, 03:36 PM-->
          QUOTE (DaLode @ Apr 6 2004, 03:36 PM)

Originally posted by backstop+Apr 6 2004, 03:54 PM-->
          QUOTE (backstop @ Apr 6 2004, 03:54 PM)
          Originally posted by [email protected] 6 2004, 03:36 PM

I thought he buried one from about 35 yards out against Man U...what was I watching?

Comment

Originally posted by backstop@Apr 6 2004, 04:13 PM
            I thought he buried one from about 35 yards out against Man U...what was I watching?
            Don't know what that was mate but it must have been an earlier game because Saturday's F.A. cup semi was 1-nil Man U against the Gunners. The ONLY goal was scored by Paul Scholes from a lovely cross from Ryan Giggs. Henry didn't play until he was brought in at the end and lofted several lovely field goals when he did get in.

Comment

Originally posted by backstop@Apr 6 2004, 04:13 PM
              That was the league game when Louis Saha scored in like the 86th minute to makes the score 1-1.

Comment

Monaco stuffed Real Madrid....3-1.

That is a HUGE upset....

Real was tapped to win the whole thing....

Now....Chelsea looks like the team to beat....go Crespo and Veron...

Comment

Real's lack of defense came back to haunt them again. Monaco is a very exciting and dangerous team. Earlier this year they beat Deportivo 8-3 in a group stage match. Arsenal just fell apart in the second half, and even though i am nominally a Gunners fan, you can't help but like to see a jackass like Wegner get his. Milan is the clear-cut favorite now but Porto(if they advance over Lyon) could give them some trouble in the Semis.

Comment

Against Man U, what did they expect, bringing Henry - their best player - in at 65 minutes? Can't figure that one out for the life of me...did they really think they wouldn't need him? Arsenal lost the match by failing to convert on either of the great chances they had in the first half.

Didn't see the Chelsea match (yet) but Gunners had to be disheartened by the FA Cup loss...and Chelsea are no slouches.

Moe
                    The Dude abides.

Comment

Originally posted by Weird_English_Guy+Apr 6 2004, 04:32 PM-->
                      QUOTE (Weird_English_Guy @ Apr 6 2004, 04:32 PM)

In one of the biggest upsets in European football in years, Deportivo, down 4-1 after the first leg, beat defending champions AC Milan 4-0 in Spain today. Real, Milan and Arsenal all out. This is unbelievable.

Comment

• Working...
                        X