Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Cardinal tale - I swear every word is true.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Cardinal tale - I swear every word is true.

So I get up this morning and head outside to work. As I walk to my car I see this Cardinal bird on the branch of one of my many trees. Across the street the neighbors bad ass teenagers, three boys named biggio, berkman, and burke are outside waiting for their old man to give them a ride. One of the bad asses burke pulls a firework from his pocket. It's a huge 3 feet rocket complete with a base. biggio lights it and berkman trips getting out of the way. Sure enough that sucker takes off as fast as lightning leaving a trail of sparks.

Just as I am about to utter a few mf's the Cardinal bird flies right over my head and grabs the rocket with both claws as it is about 10 feet off the ground. I mean this bird just tears into it. It reverses the rocket's direction and it crashes right on their old man's car with the bird letting go just in time and just as their father is coming out. Now he lays into the kids for all its worth and the Cardinal bird returns to my tree but not before pooping on each of the kids heads.

As I get in the car and pull away - I have forgotten all about last night and can't wait for Saturday.

I promise to get some pictures next time.

Go Cards
    Turning the other cheek is better than burying the other body.

Official Sport Lounge Sponsor of Rhode Island - Quincy Jones - Yadier Molina who knows no fear.
    God is stronger and the problem knows it.

2017 BOTB bracket

I see you are bored on the travel days, too.

Official Lounge Sponsor of Lou Brock (really) and Ryan Franklin (really)*

* Payment processing. It will be official soon.

Comment

Whatever you're having, Davhaf wants some.

Comment

Was GS99 down the street w/ a rock and a slingshot?

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
        Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
        -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

QUOTE(*007* @ Oct 14 2005, 03:06 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

Very funny. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Hopefully this encounter is a good omen.

Comment

QUOTE(GreatestShow99 @ Oct 14 2005, 03:08 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

Very funny. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Hopefully this encounter is a good omen.
            [/b][/quote]
            I thought it was....

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
            Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
            -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

[/b][/quote]

No, GS99 was on his way to the Methadone clinic.
              Official Lounge Sponsor:
              The New Orleans Saints, Blue Moon Belgian Ale, Peter Gammons, and Cardinals GM John Mozeliak

Comment

QUOTE(backstop @ Oct 14 2005, 03:06 PM) Quoted post

Whatever you're having, Davhaf has better.
                [/b][/quote]

FiXeD

I got some shit that will make you fly through the air.
                I agree with Davhaf.....Kaiser March 9,2004

Official Lounge co-sponsor of Jason Motte.

Mick Jagger is in better shape than far too many NBA players. It's up in the air whether the same can be said of Keith Richards.

Bill Walton

Comment

I call BS.
                  Official Lounge Sponsor of Candy.

"When you say 'radical right' today, I think of these moneymaking ventures by fellows like Pat Robertson and others who are trying to take the Republican Party and make a religious organization out of it. If that ever happens, kiss politics goodbye."
                  -Barry Goldwater

Comment

Hey -

It's a true story -

Official Sport Lounge Sponsor of Rhode Island - Quincy Jones - Yadier Molina who knows no fear.

2017 BOTB bracket

Comment

very strange indeed
                      Un-Official Sponsor of Randy Choate and Kevin Siegrist

Comment

Sorry if this has already been mentioned...

A Cardinal fan used to amuse himself by scaring every Astros fan he saw strutting down the street in their obnoxious Astros shirts. He would swerve his van as if to hit them, and then swerve back just missing them.

One day, while driving along, he saw a priest. He thought he would do a
                        good deed, so he pulled over and asked the priest "Where are you going Father?"

"I'm going to give mass at St. Francis Church, about 2 miles down the road," replied the priest.

"Climb in Father! I'll give you a lift!" said the man.

The priest climbed into the rear passenger seat, and they continued down he road. Suddenly, the driver saw an Astros fan walking down the road, and he instinctively swerved as if to him. But, as usual, he swerved back into the road just in time. Even though he was certain that he had missed he guy, he still heard a loud "THUD."

Not understanding where the noise came from, he glanced back in his mirrors but still didn't see anything. He then remembered the priest, and he turned to the priest and said "Sorry Father, I almost hit that Astros fan."

"That's okay," replied the priest, "I got him with the door."
                        Feb. 08, 2005
                        Lois Lane: What's the general opinion of a gal asking the guy out?

Forever
                        Lounge sponsor of YYZ and his Mardi Gras crew.
                        Originally posted by Airshark
                        NSane has already won - because the Sharks are well and truly ef'ed.

Comment

QUOTE(Nsane2Bme @ Oct 14 2005, 04:13 PM) Quoted post
                          Sorry if this has already been mentioned...

A Cardinal fan used to amuse himself by scaring every Astros fan he saw strutting down the street in their obnoxious Astros shirts. He would swerve his van as if to hit them, and then swerve back just missing them.

One day, while driving along, he saw a priest. He thought he would do a
                          good deed, so he pulled over and asked the priest "Where are you going Father?"

"I'm going to give mass at St. Francis Church, about 2 miles down the road," replied the priest.

"Climb in Father! I'll give you a lift!" said the man.

The priest climbed into the rear passenger seat, and they continued down he road. Suddenly, the driver saw an Astros fan walking down the road, and he instinctively swerved as if to him. But, as usual, he swerved back into the road just in time. Even though he was certain that he had missed he guy, he still heard a loud "THUD."

Not understanding where the noise came from, he glanced back in his mirrors but still didn't see anything. He then remembered the priest, and he turned to the priest and said "Sorry Father, I almost hit that Astros fan."

"That's okay," replied the priest, "I got him with the door."
                          [/b][/quote]

I love religion.

2017 BOTB bracket

Comment

Schwa ... what do you drink? I'd like some.

Comment

I never touch anything stronger than tea -

Jamaican tea -

2017 BOTB bracket

Comment

Working...
                              X