Billiken Madness Tonight at 9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Billiken Madness Tonight at 9

SLU bball season starts tonight with the first practice. There is a pep rally with face painting (gotta support the team), contests, music, cheerleaders etc at 6 pm outside the gym.

festivities begin inside West Pine at 9 pm. There will be a 3 point shooting contest, dunk contest, 1 on 1 between Coach Soderberg and new Womens Coach Shimmy Gray and both the mens and womens team will have a 20 minute scrimmage.

Hate speech.
    If you believe in something sacrifice a hobo to it or don't bother.

Comment

I'd be there, but I have to pick up the dogshit in my backyard.

Comment

Is there anyone on SLU's team who can dunk?
        Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

Comment

QUOTE(payitandbringit @ Oct 14 2005, 02:27 PM) Quoted post

I'd be there, but I have to pick up the dogshit in my backyard.
          [/b][/quote]

understandable.

Comment

I'd rather watch 'The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants' than waste my time @ west pine...

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
            Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
            -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

QUOTE(ElviswasaBluesFan @ Oct 14 2005, 02:30 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

Yes several. 5'7 Polk is a very good dunker. Liddell can dunk well. Brown and Meyer can. Justin Johnson and I hope Newborne can dunk. Vouyoukas and Husak can dunk.

Comment

QUOTE(*007* @ Oct 14 2005, 02:31 PM) Quoted post

I'd rather watch 'The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants' than waste my time @ west pine...
                [/b][/quote]

Good flick, that chubby spic girl is hawt.

Comment

QUOTE(thetorch @ Oct 14 2005, 02:32 PM) Quoted post

QUOTE(ElviswasaBluesFan @ Oct 14 2005, 02:30 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

Yes several. 5'7 Polk is a very good dunker. Liddell can dunk well. Brown and Meyer can. Justin Johnson and I hope Newborne can dunk. Vouyoukas and Husak can dunk.
                  [/b][/quote]

dammit - forgot the smilie again

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img]
                  Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

Comment

I'm sure Midnight Madness is as wild as the campus parties.

Comment

900 people showed up to a great event. It really got the season off to a bang. I'm sure this thing will snowball if we can continue doing it every year and we will be packing in 20,000 to see midnite madness like Kentucky does.

As far as players go I was most impressed with Ian Vouyoukas. He has really filled in his frame. He is pretty cut now, no more flabby girl arms. His leaping seems to have improved as well as he got off the floor well for some dunks on 7'1 Bryce Husak. Ian seems extremely confident with the ball in his hands. His passing skills have gotten even better since last year and his repotoire of back to the basket moves is top notch. He was getting up and down the floor well too. He should be a contender for all A-10 this year.

Liddell and Lisch were both as good as advertised. Lisch took about 6 outside shots in the scrimmage before missing. Liddell has great handles and court vision along with super smooth moves. He has developed a nice rapport with Ian inside. Lidell and Ian should drive this offense.

Brown looked very cut and was hitting shots inside and out. He will contend for the 3rd starting spot in the backcourt.

Big ? still revolves around the 4. We will need at least a little offensive output but most notably some boards and defense from the 3 guys vying for time at the 4. It will make Ian's life much easier. I still don't see much there unfortunately. Newborne didn't do anything special. JJ missed at least 20 attempts in the dunk contest and another 5 in the scrimmage. If I may quote Joel Bushbaum JJ is the quintessential all america from the neck down. New big man Obi Ikeakor looked nice as a change of pace. He is 6'9 260-270 but handles the ball like a wing. He can shoot from the outside as well. He was going about half speed as his knee injury still is affecting him. At this point though he doesn't offer the banger type we need at the 4, but he will be a very nice player in the future.

I'm a little more upbeat about the season prospects now. I still say getting to .500 will be a good year.

Comment

Glad to hear there was a good crowd. SLU used to have this every year, back in the day. Then the crowds started dropping off after Spoon left and they sort of cut it out. One year, I think Soderburg said that they were having a closed practice without all the hoopla because he wanted the players to be serious about the season.
                        Official Lounge Sponsor of Kentucky - The Bluegrass State
                        Proud Sponsor of Kirkwood Athletic Associations's Gameface #5 DK
                        Official Sponsor of the Lounge Badgers #13 Guppy
                        Official Lounge Sponsor of the Rams # 81 Torry Holt
                        NOW Sponsoring St. Louis Cardinals #3 Abraham Nunez
                        LET'S GO CARDINALS!!!!! \"IPB

"From there to here, from here to there, funny things are everywhere..."

formerly aka Lois Lane - Going back to my hillbilly roots!

Comment

Working...
                        X