TLR: Time for something bold?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TLR: Time for something bold?

OK. One game. No time to panic. This is for discussion purposes only.

Is it time for Tony to do something bold....and I'm not sure what form that would take. Put So in the outfield and bat him second, hoping his ability to make contact will provide a nice one-two punch in front of Albert? Give Johnny Rod a start against Clemens....switch Yadier and Grudz in the line-up? Move Nunez to No. 2? He looks to be hitting the ball? Make Marquis or Thompson the set-up righty?

(The really bold thing would have been to put Anthony Reyes in the bullpen, but alas.....)

I don't know...we just looked kind of old and tired last night. Probably just because of Oswalt. But I now reluctantly am starting to believe I was wrong about Walker. He looks done.

Or do you just tip your hat to Oswalt and go with what got you here? (Even if it's obvious to anyone with a pulse that Tavarez has about as much confidence right now as Ray King.)

Here it is...your Friday toss-up question.
    "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."
    --Albert Einstein

Time for One Tough Dominican
    Un-Official Sponsor of Randy Choate and Kevin Siegrist

Comment

I would NOT start J-Rod, his defense and baserunning gives me nightmares. In a series like this with pitching the way it is, I'd have to use J-Rod exclusively in a pinch hitting role.
      You're being fucking dramatic. You own a TV and an air mattress. That's not exactly what I'd call "a lot to lose."

Comment

Or do you just tip your hat to Oswalt and go with what got you here?[/b][/quote]

The Man pitched his ass off last night. As a baseball fan it was impressive. UP/down, in/out. 97/94/88/72

jeebus not only does he have some serious junk, he can flat out pitch also.

I will reitierate that bullpen wise, I see no reason for any other than Jason and Jason to touch rubber unless a starter gets run.
        Un-Official Sponsor of Randy Choate and Kevin Siegrist

Comment

Time for something unexpected, like Brad Thompson or Marquis knocking Chris Burke on his ass, the way Oswalt knocked down Eckstein. Need to get a fire started in the bullpen to they'll quit pitching so damned tentatively and start challenging people. We need a little swagger.
          "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."
          --Albert Einstein

Comment

I wouldn't start JRod either because of that ridiculous wall in LF. If in Busch, then yeah, but that guy gets lost when he doesn't have to worry about running into shit.
            Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

Comment

Not time for something bold. We played a horrible game against a great pitcher and were right there until the eighth inning. And it was the first loss of the postseason.

Stay the course. Thousand points of light.

Comment

Bat the pitcher 8th?
                Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

He should fill out a lineup card that includes a DH. That would wow 'em.

Comment

I think you tip your hat. I was at the game last night, and I thought Oswalt looked terrific. He didn't earn 20 wins for nothing. I wouldn't change a thing -- unless we can get Cedeno back - wasn't he always good against Clemens? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img]
                    "You can't handle my opinions." Moedrabowsky

Jeffro is a hell of a good man.

"A liberal is a man too broadminded to take his own side in a quarrel." - Robert Frost

Comment

if only he had a graphic designer to inspire the team.
                      Official Lounge Sponsor of:
                      MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
                      The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

Oh, and by the way, I thought Mulder really battled last night. Didn't have his best stuff, but gave the Cards a chance to win. No fault there.
                        "You can't handle my opinions." Moedrabowsky

Jeffro is a hell of a good man.

"A liberal is a man too broadminded to take his own side in a quarrel." - Robert Frost

Comment

QUOTE(FAR52 @ Oct 14 2005, 09:38 AM) Quoted post

Oh, and by the way, I thought Mulder really battled last night. Didn't have his best stuff, but gave the Cards a chance to win. No fault there.
                          [/b][/quote]

He was terrific. I'll take the same effort next time, with the defense we've grown accustomed to.
                          --Albert Einstein

Comment

QUOTE(kennyboyerfan @ Oct 14 2005, 10:40 AM) Quoted post

QUOTE(FAR52 @ Oct 14 2005, 09:38 AM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

He was terrific. I'll take the same effort next time, with the defense we've grown accustomed to.
                            [/b][/quote]

Same here. What a brilliant trade. Adam Dunn sucks.

Comment

I say the GOOCH needs to get a start. Four for eight against Clemons is nothing to scoff at. I expect him to replace Reggie in Game 3.

In addition, I wish TLR would juggle the lineup a little bit. Maybe have Nunez or the Taguchi bat second. Drop Jimmy to clean up. And, I KNOW. Jimmy had a bad night last night. But, we need Walker out of the 4 slot, and Jimmy hits the crap out of the ball at MM.
                              Official Sponsor of all things Mizzou Football, the non-existant Jose Oquendo STOP sign, and the Rally Hoosier!

Comment

Working...
                              X