Bottom Of The 5th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bottom Of The 5th

Abraham Nunez tries to bunt for a basehit, doesn't bunt it far enough, Ausmus picks up and throws...out.

Yadier Molina hits a double to deep right center.

Man on 2nd, 1 out.

Mulder due up next.

Now here is the question? Was anyone else hoping for a pinch hitter there? I text messaged a friend during Molina's double with "I'd pinch hit", I felt at the time that the Cardinals probably weren't going to get to many chances like that over the rest of the game, with the way Oswalt was cruising and Brad Lidge being available for 2 innings.

To me, I was thinking it would've been a great time to use Mabry or Rodriguez, bring in Marquis to pitch 2-3 innings...

It's not something I'm like pissed off about, because I know the way Tony normally operates and pinch hitting for Mulder there isn't typical of him. But just wondering if the thought crossed anyone elses mind?
    You're being fucking dramatic. You own a TV and an air mattress. That's not exactly what I'd call "a lot to lose."

It crossed my mind, but then I thought if he takes Mulder out and the bullpen blows up, he'll never hear the end of it. Score was 2-1 at that point. If it was 4-1, I probably do it,
    Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

Comment

To me this is a series where your starts have to hold the line. Our bullpen is always good for 1-3 runs, so unless you have that cushion it's almost impossible to pull them.

Our normal starters in the field need to make it happen.

Comment

QUOTE(ElviswasaBluesFan @ Oct 14 2005, 09:59 AM) Quoted post

It crossed my mind, but then I thought if he takes Mulder out and the bullpen blows up, he'll never hear the end of it. Score was 2-1 at that point. If it was 4-1, I probably do it,
        [/b][/quote]

++

Comment

To me this is a series where your starts have to hold the line[/b][/quote]

++ It won't happen every time, but like all BP's, our is much better when restricted to 2 innings.

Personally, I would not have pinch hit for Mulder there.
          Un-Official Sponsor of Randy Choate and Kevin Siegrist

Comment

Working...
          X