Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great news from my good friend Scott Wetzel - he is fired.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great news from my good friend Scott Wetzel - he is fired.

Hi folks,

I am no longer working at sporting news radio.
    Several people including myself were fired today. Budget cuts was the reason given.

I've had a great 6+ years at the company. For the most part, they treated me very
    well. Although I must admit I did not see this coming since I just signed a new contract
    less than two months ago to take over the morning show.

Am I upset? Yeah, a bit. But that is how this business is. It can be great, but boy
    can it SUCK.

I don't think they will even make an announcement tomorrow morning.
    That's how this business is....once you are gone...you are gone.
    That is why I am writing you...otherwise you might not ever get any info.
    You can reach them on air at 800 777-2907 Friday 6-9am est.
    I wonder what they will tell you.

Also you can write our President Clancy Woods at [email protected] or
    our Program Director Matt Nahigian at [email protected]
    Both are good people...but ultimately are the ones who fired me.

I still can be reached at this email address....although I will probably change the name
    once I get a chance.

I will continue to update my website: oppositepicks.net for all of your football needs.
    Oppositepicks shirts are in! I really need the money now!

Thanks for being part of my audience.

Scott Wetzel
    Turning the other cheek is better than burying the other body.

Official Sport Lounge Sponsor of Rhode Island - Quincy Jones - Yadier Molina who knows no fear.
    God is stronger and the problem knows it.

2017 BOTB bracket

Hey Scott, the Pizza Hut in my neighborhood is hiring.
    RIP Chris Jones 1971-2009
    You'll never be forgotten.

Comment

I got the sob story e-mail from him too. Some of us abandoned the principle that "if you write and complain to somebody, that is good for them---proves they have an audience". We wrote, anyway, after the day he spent trashing St. Louis for an entire show.

I remember him badmouthing the ratings Bob Costas was getting substituting for Larry King.

I said it then, and I stand by it.

This guy is no Bob Costas.
      v

Comment

Who?
        Official sponsor of the St. Louis Cardinals

"This is a heavyweight bout indeed."--John Rooney, Oct. 27, 2011

Comment

The guy from STP?
          Un-Official Sponsor of Randy Choate and Kevin Siegrist

Comment

I don't know who this guy is but I must say that e-mail is a pretty pathetic attempt at getting a write in campaign started to get his job back. I urge you who got his e-mail to write the people he quoted telling them what a good thing they did to get rid of this loser.

Comment

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cubs.gif[/img]
              Un-Official Sponsor of Randy Choate and Kevin Siegrist

Comment

If I recall, this is the guy who took issue with the Cards raffling the rights to push the button that would begin the implosion of Busch Stadium.
                If you believe in something sacrifice a hobo to it or don't bother.

Comment

let's all e mail his boss & say thank you.

Comment

So this is the tool who wrote that dumbass article about St Louis and the raffle to push the buttom to blown up the stadium?

Kudos to those who fired him.
                    Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

QUOTE(Turd Ferguson @ Oct 14 2005, 09:58 AM) Quoted post
                      If I recall, this is the guy who took issue with the Cards raffling the rights to push the button that would begin the implosion of Busch Stadium. [/b][/quote]

He ripped that - and LaRussa - Warner - Martz - Ted Drewes - Imo's pizza - the Zoo anything to do with St. Louis.

Well maybe not the food.
                      Turning the other cheek is better than burying the other body.

Official Sport Lounge Sponsor of Rhode Island - Quincy Jones - Yadier Molina who knows no fear.
                      God is stronger and the problem knows it.

2017 BOTB bracket

Comment

Looks like SNR is finally starting to work on creating a better product.
                        The OFFICIAL Lounge Sponsor of:

Comment

Good riddance Scott. Don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya. What a whiney baby. Urging people to email his boss(es) and buy shirts from him??? Pretty lame (imo).
                          --Official Lounge Sponsor of Coach Mike Anderson, Colby Rasmus, and Pearl Jam.
                          --Suck it cubbies.
                          --Thanks to RBB for my kick ace avatar!!** --RETIRE #51!!!

Comment

SN is published out of STL isn't it?

Why would this guy trash STL all the time and expect to keep a job? Is he mentally challenged?
                            Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

QUOTE(skippy05 @ Oct 14 2005, 06:52 PM) Quoted post

Looks like SNR is finally starting to work on creating a better product.
                              [/b][/quote]
                              Handelman,

I wrote this in another thread when schwa and I were talking aboot this issue...like to hear your take...

kippy could probably shoot me down here (since he's connected @ TSN): My guess is Sporting News is having circulation problems on the subscription side of things and Wired World is probably looking to cut some fat off the payroll related to the subscription issues....

I think, with hindsight being my guide, that getting away from it's baseball coverage and trying to provide diversity in an attempt to compete with Sports Illustrated (including ditching newspaper stock to magazine grade) in the early to mid-1990s has hurt them....[/b][/quote]

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
                              Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
                              -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

Working...
                              X