Might I say screw Bud Selig one more time - please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Might I say screw Bud Selig one more time - please

for two straight years with the best record in baseball.

Under any previous system they would have had home field at least one year - under the best record they would have had it twice.

Only Bud come come up with a way to screw his products best team on an exhibition game.

What next - Superbowl to be played at the home sight of whichever teams city sells the most girl scout cookies?

Oh yeah - we are going and winning the series - but I got a little something for Bud when he sits in the good seats - all the best or worst works on gs99 - the expanded edition.
    Turning the other cheek is better than burying the other body.

Official Sport Lounge Sponsor of Rhode Island - Quincy Jones - Yadier Molina who knows no fear.
    God is stronger and the problem knows it.

2017 BOTB bracket

QUOTE(Schwahalala @ Oct 13 2005, 11:36 PM) Quoted post

Under any previous system they would have had home field at least one year - under the best record they would have had it twice.

Only Bud come come up with a way to screw his products best team on an exhibition game.

What next - Superbowl to be played at the home sight of whichever teams city sells the most girl scout cookies?

Oh yeah - we are going and winning the series - but I got a little something for Bud when he sits in the good seats - all the best or worst works on gs99 - the expanded edition.
    [/b][/quote]

Even worse is that wild cards get get home field in the WS. They don't even deserve 3 home games in the LCS.

Bud just plain sucks.
    "Need some wood?" -- George W. Bush, October 8, 2004

"Historians will judge if this war is just, not your punk ass." -- Dave Glover, December 8, 2004

Comment

So why does the wild card team get 3 home games?

Official Sport Lounge Sponsor of Rhode Island - Quincy Jones - Yadier Molina who knows no fear.

2017 BOTB bracket

Comment

can we please stop w/ the 'woe is the Cardinals and we keep getting screwed' crap? Seriously....if people can't figure out that the knock is the market in which they play in and not the team, I think this thing wouldn't be a problem....

then again, STL has a slight inferiority complex, just not nearly as bad as KC.....

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
        Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
        -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

QUOTE(*007* @ Oct 14 2005, 12:10 AM) Quoted post
          can we please stop w/ the 'woe is the Cardinals and we keep getting screwed' crap? Seriously....if people can't figure out that the knock is the market in which they play in and not the team, I think this thing wouldn't be a problem....

then again, STL has a slight inferiority complex, just not nearly as bad as KC..... [/b][/quote]

Bond - normally I would agree with you but this isn't inferority - this is fact -

This also has nothing to do with the small market.

It's about Bud all star charade.

2017 BOTB bracket

Comment

QUOTE(Schwahalala @ Oct 14 2005, 12:19 AM) Quoted post

then again, STL has a slight inferiority complex, just not nearly as bad as KC..... [/b][/quote]

Bond - normally I would agree with you but this isn't inferority - this is fact -

[/b][/quote]
            It's related, therefore I comment...[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

QUOTE(*007* @ Oct 14 2005, 12:21 AM) Quoted post
              QUOTE(Schwahalala @ Oct 14 2005, 12:19 AM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]
              It's related, therefore I comment... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img] [/b][/quote]

Cool - any thoughts on the sporting news massacre?

2017 BOTB bracket

Comment

QUOTE(Schwahalala @ Oct 14 2005, 12:35 AM) Quoted post

Cool - any thoughts on the sporting news massacre?
                [/b][/quote]
                On what, Wetzel getting the short haircut?

Comment

Maybe you should beat Houston before being worried about getting screwed on home field advantage in the World Series.
                  Official Lounge Sponsor:
                  Tom Brady, Brandon Spikes and the NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
                  The 29 Time Beanpot Champion Boston University Terriers
                  Clay Buchholz, Dustin Pedroia, Aaron Curry

Comment

QUOTE(Lippa @ Oct 14 2005, 12:39 AM) Quoted post
                    Maybe you should beat Houston before being worried about getting screwed on home field advantage in the World Series. [/b][/quote]

True -

Bond - on the whole shake up.

Is sports radio getting too saturated nationally.

2017 BOTB bracket

Comment

QUOTE(Schwahalala @ Oct 14 2005, 12:55 AM) Quoted post

QUOTE(Lippa @ Oct 14 2005, 12:39 AM) Quoted post
                      Maybe you should beat Houston before being worried about getting screwed on home field advantage in the World Series. [/b][/quote]

True -

Bond - on the whole shake up.

Is sports radio getting too saturated nationally.
                      [/b][/quote]
                      Saturated? Maybe...

Skippy could probably shoot me down here (since he's connected @ TSN): My guess is Sporting News is having circulation problems on the subscription side of things and Wired World is probably looking to cut some fat off the payroll related to the subscription issues....

I think, with hindsight being my guide, that getting away from it's baseball coverage and trying to provide diversity in an attempt to compete with Sports Illustrated (including ditching newspaper stock to magazine grade) in the early to mid-1990s has hurt them....

Comment

I think your close -

I think its trying to be all things to all people too. Wetzel for example - was another guy screaming in the wilderness - Fox has em - ESPN has em - CNNSI has em - and so did sporting news.

Even in the midst of a great playoff run - I sometimes OD on sports radio.

Anything I really want to know is usually here - and if not I can always go get it.

So if Wetzel doesn't create controversy does he even get noticed. What form of journalism is put down people you don't like - last year after the WS Colin Cowherd abused the Cards as frauds. Entertainment for the Red Sox crew maybe. Wetzel put down Stl - every chance he could and got promoted before he got fired.

My hope is Sporting News is returning to actual sports journalism and getting out of the screaming business.

2017 BOTB bracket

Comment

QUOTE(Schwahalala @ Oct 14 2005, 02:14 AM) Quoted post

I think your close -

I think its trying to be all things to all people too. Wetzel for example - was another guy screaming in the wilderness - Fox has em - ESPN has em - CNNSI has em - and so did sporting news.

Even in the midst of a great playoff run - I sometimes OD on sports radio.

Anything I really want to know is usually here - and if not I can always go get it.

So if Wetzel doesn't create controversy does he even get noticed. What form of journalism is put down people you don't like - last year after the WS Colin Cowherd abused the Cards as frauds. Entertainment for the Red Sox crew maybe. Wetzel put down Stl - every chance he could and got promoted before he got fired.

My hope is Sporting News is returning to actual sports journalism and getting out of the screaming business.
                          [/b][/quote]

Wetzel was fired?
                          Official Lounge Sponsor:
                          Tom Brady, Brandon Spikes and the NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
                          The 29 Time Beanpot Champion Boston University Terriers
                          Clay Buchholz, Dustin Pedroia, Aaron Curry

Comment

QUOTE(phantom @ Oct 13 2005, 11:40 PM) Quoted post

QUOTE(Schwahalala @ Oct 13 2005, 11:36 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

Even worse is that wild cards get get home field in the WS. They don't even deserve 3 home games in the LCS.

Bud just plain sucks.
                            [/b][/quote]

I couldnt agree more. The wild card teams should be limited to ONE home game in any series. Some teams actually deserve home field advantage.

Comment

The really frustrating thing is that it's a real simple fix. The team with the best record gets HF advantage - period. All the way through the WS.

Exactly what they do in the NFL (minus the SB of course)
                              Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

Comment

Working...
                              X