More sad and maddening news

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More sad and maddening news

I just watched the five o' clock news where an eight year old boy was killed on the porch of his north St. Louis home. It appears that a drug gang had it in for this family because they have spoken out against that activity on their street. If this is true, I hope this child's death can spearhead people to want to cease control of the communities from the lowlifes.
    Make America Great For Once.

As opposed to the other times it's happened?

I wouldn't hold your breath.

Comment

from KSDK:

Police said at least one person shot a hail of bullets from across the street. The police chief said his detectives know who they're looking for and that the suspect or suspects live in the neighborhood. Chief Joe Mokwa said, "One of them in particular is out on bond for homicide. We'll handle this case and I'm confident we'll make an arrest shortly."

The mayor and police chief went to console the family and to make sure there will be no more violence. Mayor Francis Slay said, "We are not going to tolerate this in the community."

Martha Webb said 20 minutes before the shooting, her family was threatened for trying to stop people from dealing drugs on her front yard. Webb said, "They told them 'You're damned grandmother doesn't own nothing. We're going to sell when we get ready,' and said, 'We're taking over this neighborhood."

Craig was only in the third grade at Danforth Elementary, but he already talked about his dreams. Collins said, "At one time he said he wanted to be a scientist. That's why he always liked bugs, but now his future is gone. His future is gone."[/b][/quote]

NO reason why a childs life should be taken in this matter.
      Sponsor of:
      Brian Elliott
      Kolten Wong & the arch in the outfield grass at Busch Stadium
      5-29-14-House77 turns down offer of free beer from me

Comment

Tragic - and beyond offensive -

The ground swell for the community to turn the killer in should be deafening.

24 hours after the fact - no public proclaimation from ministers - no calls for a citizen's task force to fight these issues - nothing but grief and sadness.
        Turning the other cheek is better than burying the other body.

Official Sport Lounge Sponsor of Rhode Island - Quincy Jones - Yadier Molina who knows no fear.
        God is stronger and the problem knows it.

2017 BOTB bracket

Comment

QUOTE(Schwahalala @ Oct 13 2005, 05:55 PM) Quoted post

24 hours after the fact - no public proclaimation from ministers - no calls for a citizen's task force to fight these issues - nothing but grief and sadness.
          [/b][/quote]

But let it have been a white cop.

Comment

Didn't it happen before the sun went down? People on that street know who to point fingers at.

Comment

Isn't that sad there hasn't been a response.

What are some reasons there hasn't been a response?

Comment

QUOTE(The Kev @ Oct 13 2005, 05:56 PM) Quoted post
                QUOTE(Schwahalala @ Oct 13 2005, 05:55 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

But let it have been a white cop. [/b][/quote]

My point exactly -

No one cares about a Black kid getting killed unless it's at the hand of a racist white cop or hate group.

Official Sport Lounge Sponsor of Rhode Island - Quincy Jones - Yadier Molina who knows no fear.

2017 BOTB bracket

Comment

QUOTE(jusse @ Oct 13 2005, 05:59 PM) Quoted post
                  Didn't it happen before the sun went down? People on that street know who to point fingers at. [/b][/quote]

Interesting -

Listen to KMOX on the way home. They interviewed a cop who said they have no shortage of suspects - and apparently this was between some people who didn't want drugs sold on the street and some who did and where. Odd - why hadn't they been arrested if they were selling drugs?

Just something that I thought.

2017 BOTB bracket

Comment

No one cares about a Black kid getting killed unless it's at the hand of a racist white cop or hate group[/b][/quote]

Schwa, don't you mean that no Black person cares about a Black kid getting killed unless it's by the hand of a racist white cop or hate group.
                    Un-Official Sponsor of Randy Choate and Kevin Siegrist

Comment

QUOTE(lazydaze @ Oct 13 2005, 06:41 PM) Quoted post

No one cares about a Black kid getting killed unless it's at the hand of a racist white cop or hate group[/b][/quote]

Schwa, don't you mean that no black person cares about a Black kid getting killed unless it's by the hand of a racist white cop or hate group.
                      [/b][/quote]

I don't think he means "all" black people, but it's the self appointed and so called "black leaders" who're MIA.

Comment

QUOTE(pgrote @ Oct 13 2005, 05:03 PM) Quoted post

Isn't that sad there hasn't been a response.

What are some reasons there hasn't been a response?
                        [/b][/quote]

"a hail of bullets"
                        Damn these electric sex pants!

26+31+34+42+44+46+64+67+82+06 = 10

Bring back the death penalty for corporations!

Comment

QUOTE(lazydaze @ Oct 13 2005, 06:41 PM) Quoted post

Schwa, don't you mean that no Black person cares about a Black kid getting killed unless it's by the hand of a racist white cop or hate group. [/b][/quote]

Nope - Black or White it isn't treated with any indignation. Just like the 9 week old who got shot and killed last week. No commissions - no protest - no nothing. As long as its the same race its cool.

2017 BOTB bracket

Comment

This story makes me sick to my stomach for many reasons.

On these message boards, I usually keep my personal life away from the internet and I just like coming on and reading in the banter online between the folks here. But this story...it just gets me.

I grew up on the street where this shooting happend. On the same block. Just houses down. It really makes me uncomfortable to find out that a kid has lost his life because over something like this. All of this also hits me weirdly because its been been one year since I lost my big brother in a car accident. Some people really piss me off and it really just makes me wonder what goes on inside of people's heads.

It saddens me to know that the street where I used to ride my bike all the time has seen such a crime. I hope who ever is responsible gets what they deserve.

Comment

Working...
                            X