Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rams release S Michael Hawthorne

per ESPN Bottom line

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
    Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
    -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Is it me or do I detect a shift in the Rams now that Mike is gone?

Players who suck balls are being let go midseason.

I still can't explain Furrey, though.

Maybe this is a power play now that Martz is gone.

Comment

Who takes his roster spot?

Again I ask, why can they not trade a pick or a WR for a team's 2nd string FS?
      Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

QUOTE(dvyyyyyy @ Oct 13 2005, 05:11 PM) Quoted post
        Who takes his roster spot?

Again I ask, why can they not trade a pick or a WR for a team's 2nd string FS? [/b][/quote]

Because the value isn't there.

In the right hands I am sure there are enough guys that didn't make teams who could do a better job than Hawthorne.

If you don't like that answer ....

Because they're sending a message to the team .

If you don't like that answer. ...

It's because he's black.

Comment

What I don't get is the Rams knew they needed a FS. They draft 3 DBs and not one them can play FS over this castoff from Green Bay was it???

Is it little wonder they suck?
          Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

They blew it on Otogwe ...
            Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

QUOTE(dvyyyyyy @ Oct 13 2005, 06:37 PM) Quoted post

They blew it on Otogwe ...
              [/b][/quote]

Keep it up, Tough-guy & I'll get Otogwe to moe dock your ass... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r.gif[/img]
              . . . and to tell you this: I work with gays, have friends who are gay, go to church with gays. Most of them are aware that I believe that homosexual behavior is sin. Some of them actually agree. Most don't. It's OK . . . because they also know or at least have been made aware of my multitude of sins: adulterous heart, lustful and covetous behavior, wicked pride, angry spirit . . . do I need to go on?
              -mike
              mike smith, post-dispatch online sports editor

Comment

First, how long until Rich Coady shows back up? I'm serious...I bet he does.

Second....a converted WR is going to be better? Hawthorne could at least hit; put his ass on special teams.

What a fucking clusterfuck.
                On my mind: How can I shut up the singing English graduate student? How many more lossess will KU's basketball team have than its football team? How will the Rams front office screw up this year?

Official lounge sponsor of Will Witherspoon, Russell Robinson, and all other things Jayhawk at the lounge (which ain't much).

Comment

Apparently you don't see the obvious logic behind the Rams' roster moves this season. They're playing for a top three pick next year. JJ.

Comment

QUOTE(pgrote @ Oct 13 2005, 05:14 PM) Quoted post

It's because he's black.
                    [/b][/quote]

++

-RBB

Comment

QUOTE(jack jones @ Oct 14 2005, 07:32 AM) Quoted post

Apparently you don't see the obvious logic behind the Rams' roster moves this season. They're playing for a top three pick next year. JJ.
                      [/b][/quote]

As long as Charley Armey makes the pick & NOT MARTZ, it may wind up being a good choice!

Comment

QUOTE(chiguy @ Oct 14 2005, 07:06 AM) Quoted post

Second....a converted WR is going to be better? Hawthorne could at least hit; put his ass on special teams.[/b][/quote]

According to the coaches, he made six mistakes on special teams last week.

Comment

Obviously, Jason Shivers was the answer, and we left our gem on the practice squad, and Lovie snatched him up.
                          I got nothin....
                          I made a website, STLsportspulse.com. Yippeee!

Comment

QUOTE(pgrote @ Oct 14 2005, 09:39 AM) Quoted post

Second....a converted WR is going to be better? Hawthorne could at least hit; put his ass on special teams.[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

How is that any different from usual?
                            On my mind: How can I shut up the singing English graduate student? How many more lossess will KU's basketball team have than its football team? How will the Rams front office screw up this year?

Official lounge sponsor of Will Witherspoon, Russell Robinson, and all other things Jayhawk at the lounge (which ain't much).

Comment

QUOTE(chiguy @ Oct 14 2005, 10:03 AM) Quoted post
                              QUOTE(pgrote @ Oct 14 2005, 09:39 AM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

How is that any different from usual? [/b][/quote]
                              Right. Which is why it's good to see them pruning dead weight.

I think it's a message to the other players.

Comment

Working...
                              X