X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Romanowski admits steroid use; points finger @ Conte

Romo tells '60 Minutes' he used steroids
    Associated Press

NEW YORK -- Bill Romanowski used steroids and human growth hormone supplied by Victor Conte, the former NFL linebacker tells CBS' "60 Minutes" in an interview to be broadcast Sunday.

Romanowski said he took illegal steroids for a two-year period starting in 2001 and got them from Conte, the former head of the Bay Area Laboratory Co-Operative, which has been at the center of a steroids controversy in several sports.

"I took [human growth hormone] for a brief period and ... I definitely didn't receive what I got out of THG," Romanowski said, referring to another drug he got from Conte.

In November 2003, the NFL notified Romanowski that he tested positive for the steroid THG.

Romanowski played linebacker for the San Francisco 49ers, Philadelphia Eagles, Denver Broncos and Oakland Raiders in a 16-year career that ended in 2003.

Last May, he agreed to pay former Raiders teammate Marcus Williams $415,000 in damages for a hit to the face during a practice drill in 2003. Williams' career ended after his eye socket was broken.

Romanowski played for the Raiders during their 2002 Super Bowl season.

He writes about his NFL career in a soon-to-be-released book, "Romo, My Life on the Edge."[/b][/quote]

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
    Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
    -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

When is a player going to come out and say he did steroids just to come clean? Instead of trying to start a pre-release buzz for their upcoming book.

Comment

Imagine a cheap shot artist like Romanowski cheating, too.

Shocking.
      Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law ~

A.C.

Comment

I cannot wait for Marion Jones to come out.

She's a fucking cunt.

Comment

bump

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
          Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
          -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

QUOTE(*007* @ Oct 14 2005, 02:30 PM) Quoted post

bump
            [/b][/quote]

bastard

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif[/img]
            Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

Comment

Fuck Romanowski.

Comment

I would have never guessed that Romanowski was on steroids.
                Official Lounge Sponsor of:
                MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
                The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

Breaking News -- Romo admits sky is blue, and John Elway was the quarterback of Denver Broncos.
                  From this day forward, I no longer shall tinker with the machinery of death.

For more than 20 years I have endeavored-indeed, I have struggled-along with a majority of this Court, to develop procedural & substantive rules that would lend more than the mere appearance of fairness to the death penalty endeavor.

I feel morally and intellectually obligated simply to concede that the death penalty experiment has failed.

The path the Court has chosen lessens us all. I dissent.

Comment

QUOTE(BringBackZezel @ Oct 14 2005, 02:54 PM) Quoted post
                    I would have never guessed that Romanowski was on steroids. [/b][/quote]
                    "He's innocent."
                    - Barry Bonds

Official Lounge Sponsor of Lou Brock (really) and Ryan Franklin (really)*

* Payment processing. It will be official soon.

Comment

QUOTE(steveInebriated @ Oct 14 2005, 02:56 PM) Quoted post

QUOTE(BringBackZezel @ Oct 14 2005, 02:54 PM) Quoted post
                      I would have never guessed that Romanowski was on steroids. [/b][/quote]
                      "He's innocent."
                      - Barry Bonds
                      [/b][/quote]

Tell that to a judge, Barry!

The correct term is "not guilty"

Remember that when you plead, or YOU WILL be bitch-slapped by the judge.

Comment

Working...
                      X