X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Report: A's going after Hershiser?

Athletics to interview Hershiser
    ESPN.com news services

Oakland Athletics: The A's requested permission to speak to Texas pitching coach Orel Hershiser and have received it from the Rangers, the San Francisco Chronicle reported.

"I want to work with people who have high aspirations,'' Hershiser told the paper. "This [interview process] is a normal part of life in baseball -- these opportunities come up from time to time. But I'm still excited about the opportunity to be the Rangers' pitching coach.''

Hershiser had two complete-game victories against the A's when the Dodgers won the 1998 World Series.

The A's have already talked to their bullpen coach Bob Geren and third-base coach Ron Washington.[/b][/quote]

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
    Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
    -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

This guarantees they'll make the World Series this year.
    Sponsor of Adam Wainwright
    Sponsor of the $0.50 any-size frozen coke at Mobil on the Run when the Cards score six
    There are 24 teams in baseball with a longer World Series drought than the St. Louis Cardinals.
    "I told myself from the beginning, 'If he's going to throw a shutout, then he's going to tie,' ... he was not going to beat me today." ---Adam Wainwright, 8/11/10
    "I was confused." ---Tim McCarver, 7/30/15

Comment

Working...
    X