Poland (POL) 08-Oct-05
      England (ENG) 08-Oct-05
      Croatia (CRO) 08-Oct-05
      Italy (ITA) 08-Oct-05
      Portugal (POR) 08-Oct-05
      Sweden (SWE) 12-Oct-05
      Serbia and Montenegro (SCG) 12-Oct-05
      France (FRA) 12-Oct-05

North, Central American and Caribbean Zone (3.5 Teams)
      Latest Tables | Format Team Qualified
      USA (USA) 03-Sep-05
      Mexico (MEX) 07-Sep-05
      Costa Rica (CRC) 08-Oct-05

Oceanian Zone (0.5 Teams)
      Latest Tables | Format No qualified teams as yet

South American Zone (4.5 Teams)
      Latest Tables | Format Team Qualified
      Argentina (ARG) 08-Jun-05
      Brazil (BRA) 04-Sep-05
      Ecuador (ECU) 08-Oct-05
      Paraguay (PAR) 08-
      Time for change

Comment

Just hope the US gets a top 8 seed. Should definitely go in over Mexico, but there's no guarantee that CONCACAF will be regarded as deserving of such a seed.

T&T can still make it in, although I've got to believe there are at least 10 more European teams more qualified to play in the WC than a 4th team from over here.
        From this day forward, I no longer shall tinker with the machinery of death.

For more than 20 years I have endeavored-indeed, I have struggled-along with a majority of this Court, to develop procedural & substantive rules that would lend more than the mere appearance of fairness to the death penalty endeavor.

I feel morally and intellectually obligated simply to concede that the death penalty experiment has failed.

The path the Court has chosen lessens us all. I dissent.

Comment

QUOTE(ppg shg @ Oct 13 2005, 06:04 PM) Quoted post

T&T can still make it in, although I've got to believe there are at least 10 more European teams more qualified to play in the WC than a 4th team from over here. [/b][/quote]
          ++

Comment

This is one of the things that makes the Lounge such a great place.

Thanks for posting that, pgrote.

Comment

We'll draw a bum, a so-so team and a Euro-monster. We'll beat the bum, tie the so-so and lose to the monster. Then get nosed by the so-so on goal differential.

Unless ESPN has any pull. Then we'll get England and two bums.

Comment

QUOTE(Celtic @ Oct 13 2005, 10:02 PM) Quoted post

We'll draw a bum, a so-so team and a Euro-monster. We'll beat the bum, tie the so-so and lose to the monster. Then get nosed by the so-so on goal differential.

[/b][/quote]
                Who do you mean by "we"????

Are you talking about the US or Ireland?

Comment

QUOTE(King @ Oct 13 2005, 10:47 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]
                  Who do you mean by "we"????

Are you talking about the US or Ireland?
                  [/b][/quote]

Ireland's World Cup dreams were shattered at Lansdowne Road after a goalless draw against Switzerland denied them a play-off place, and now there lies ahead an uncertain future.
                  [/b][/quote]

For more than 20 years I have endeavored-indeed, I have struggled-along with a majority of this Court, to develop procedural & substantive rules that would lend more than the mere appearance of fairness to the death penalty endeavor.

I feel morally and intellectually obligated simply to concede that the death penalty experiment has failed.

Comment

[/b][/quote]

++
                    USA v England would definitally put buts in front of the t.v.
                    Time for change

Comment

QUOTE(Zythrst @ Oct 14 2005, 12:11 AM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

++
                      USA v England would definitally put buts in front of the t.v. [/b][/quote]

Dude. I'd prefer a light schedule to begin. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

QUOTE(pgrote @ Oct 14 2005, 12:22 AM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

++

Dude. I'd prefer a light schedule to begin. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]
                        [/b][/quote]

Be no problem. England's a choke artist on the biggest stage.

Comment

That's quite the phallic bag of water or whatever he's holding.

Serbs.

Comment

QUOTE(ppg shg @ Oct 14 2005, 09:16 AM) Quoted post

QUOTE(pgrote @ Oct 14 2005, 12:22 AM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

++

[/b][/quote]

Be no problem. England's a choke artist on the biggest stage.
                            [/b][/quote]

Only when it comes to knockout stages and penalties. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img] We're pretty good in the group stages against the inferior teams. Anyway the U.S. might get a good seeding because I believe they base it on previous World Cup performances.

Comment

Working...
                            X