Firefox Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firefox Help

Anytime I click on an mp3 file in Firefox, or say, a open a thread here with audio - it tries to open it in quicktime. All I get is a goofy quicktime icon and no sound. Anyone know how to fix this? I want to use WMP instead. I go to Tools - Downloads - Plug Ins, and I have selected WMP for MP3 files but that didn't fix the problem. Any other suggestions?

QUOTE(chazzz @ Oct 13 2005, 01:10 PM) Quoted post

Anytime I click on an mp3 file in Firefox, or say, a open a thread here with audio - it tries to open it in quicktime. All I get is a goofy quicktime icon and no sound. Anyone know how to fix this? I want to use WMP instead. I go to Tools - Downloads - Plug Ins, and I have selected WMP for MP3 files but that didn't fix the problem. Any other suggestions?
    [/b][/quote]
    I have the same problem...

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
    Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
    -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

QUOTE(chazzz @ Oct 13 2005, 01:10 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

tools/ Media Player Connectivity
      Start configuration Wizard

Have Classic Media Player set for defaults for all, in my case.

Comment

You can change the settings.

Go to Tools, and select Options. Click the "Downloads" tab to the left. Each file type is listed. Click mp3 on that list, then click the "change actions" button. If you have "save to disk", you need to click the radio button to select "open them in the default application" or select the player you want.

Comment

QUOTE(ksbluesfan @ Oct 13 2005, 01:25 PM) Quoted post

Go to Tools, and select Options. Click the "Downloads" tab to the left. Each file type is listed. Click mp3 on that list, then click the "change actions" button. If you have "save to disk", you need to click the radio button to select "open them in the default application" or select the player you want.
          [/b][/quote]

I don't have MP3 in that list. Not sure how to add it.

Comment

Go to the firefox extention page and download/install the MediaPlayerConnectivity extention.

That should help.

Comment

QUOTE(chazzz @ Oct 13 2005, 01:27 PM) Quoted post

QUOTE(ksbluesfan @ Oct 13 2005, 01:25 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

I don't have MP3 in that list. Not sure how to add it.
              [/b][/quote]
              Hit the "plug-ins" button. You have to select it on that list.

Comment

Did a quick search in Extensions

https://addons.mozilla.org/extension...nfo.php?id=446

Comment

Working...
                X