X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I couldn't make it past the "I like Freidman" part
    Un-Official Sponsor of Randy Choate and Kevin Siegrist

Comment

I heard this on the radio. He outsources all email correspondence to India, and they are remarkably good.

Outsourcing Lounge posting seems a great way to free up time!
      No president wants war. Everything you may have heard is that, but it's just simply not true
      President George W. Bush, March 21, 2006

I'm a war president
      President George W. Bush, February 8, 2004

Comment

QUOTE(lazydaze @ Oct 13 2005, 12:26 PM) Quoted post
        I couldn't make it past the "I like Freidman" part [/b][/quote]

Well worth the read.

Comment

QUOTE(pgrote @ Oct 13 2005, 10:34 AM) Quoted post

Well worth the read.
          [/b][/quote]

Actually got the first page in when a phone call came in, I'll finish, I promise
          Un-Official Sponsor of Randy Choate and Kevin Siegrist

Comment

QUOTE(pgrote @ Oct 13 2005, 01:34 PM) Quoted post

Well worth the read.
            [/b][/quote]

++

As on every morning at 8:30, I get a call from Honey. "Good morning, Jacobs." Her accent is noticeable but not too thick, Americanized by years of voice training. She's the single most upbeat person I've ever encountered. Whatever soul-deadening chore I give her, she says, "That would indeed be interesting" or "Thank you for bestowing this important task." I have a feeling that if I asked her to count the number of semicolons in the Senate energy bill, she would be grateful for such a fascinating project.[/b][/quote]
            No president wants war. Everything you may have heard is that, but it's just simply not true
            President George W. Bush, March 21, 2006

I'm a war president
            President George W. Bush, February 8, 2004

Comment

take heart...someday the Indians and Chinese will look here for cheap labor and all our old jobs will come streaming back to us

Of course we will all be living in old shoes by then...on the bright side we won't be a nation of fatties anymore
              Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

QUOTE(TTB @ Oct 15 2005, 03:08 PM) Quoted post

take heart...someday the Indians and Chinese will look here for cheap labor and all our old jobs will come streaming back to us

Of course we will all be living in old shoes by then...on the bright side we won't be a nation of fatties anymore
                [/b][/quote]

I've said it before, I'll say it again: The US is a net importer of jobs. We outsource a lot of jobs, yes - but other countries outsource to us even more. If outsourcing were to end tomorrow, the US would be hurt more than any other country.

Singapore and Thailand are welcome to our textiles jobs. India can do our drone customer support. In return, we'll do their financial services, computer and networking services, production design and management, etc.

Outsourcing is wholly beneficial to first-world countries. Not all jobs are equal, and the jobs being outsourced are in general a small loss to the US economy in return for a whole lot of gain.

Comment

I saw the President down in New Orleans.

You know what he was doing?

He was boxing up some jobs to ship overseas.

Somebody call Rassy!

He needs to know about this.
                  And, frankly, it has never occured to me that "winning" a debate is important, or that I should be hurt when someone like Airshark or kah, among others (for whom winning a pseudo debate or declaring intellectual superiority over invisible others is obviously very important) ridicule me.

-The Artist formerly known as King in KC

Comment

What did the union say?
                    When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

Comment

The union said that it's a crying shame Bush knows how to get that approval rating up at key times.

They figure AlGore and JForbesKerry would have insourced all those jobs by now.
                      And, frankly, it has never occured to me that "winning" a debate is important, or that I should be hurt when someone like Airshark or kah, among others (for whom winning a pseudo debate or declaring intellectual superiority over invisible others is obviously very important) ridicule me.

-The Artist formerly known as King in KC

Comment

QUOTE(Airshark @ Oct 15 2005, 03:14 PM) Quoted post

QUOTE(TTB @ Oct 15 2005, 03:08 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

I've said it before, I'll say it again: The US is a net importer of jobs. We outsource a lot of jobs, yes - but other countries outsource to us even more. If outsourcing were to end tomorrow, the US would be hurt more than any other country.

Singapore and Thailand are welcome to our textiles jobs. India can do our drone customer support. In return, we'll do their financial services, computer and networking services, production design and management, etc.

Outsourcing is wholly beneficial to first-world countries. Not all jobs are equal, and the jobs being outsourced are in general a small loss to the US economy in return for a whole lot of gain.
                        [/b][/quote]

It's not helping me any...
                        [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img]
                        Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

Working...
                        X