• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sharks win again

Judging by their last two games.

That is all. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img]

Fuck.....hockey.

Comment

I haven't found the hockey to be any more exciting than it was before the rules changes. Am I missing something?

Comment

Sharks are for gheys.

Comment

QUOTE(pgrote @ Oct 13 2005, 02:53 AM) Quoted post

I haven't found the hockey to be any more exciting than it was before the rules changes. Am I missing something?
          [/b][/quote]

Yes you are. The games are much faster moving now. It's not just scoring - for ONCE, we don't have the clutching and grabbing of previous seasons. I'd say the games are much improved.

Comment

QUOTE(Airshark @ Oct 13 2005, 01:14 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

Yes you are. The games are much faster moving now. It's not just scoring - for ONCE, we don't have the clutching and grabbing of previous seasons. I'd say the games are much improved.
            [/b][/quote]

++

Comment

It's hard to tell if you just watch the Blues. Their transition game is shit. But if you watch two of the better teams, the end to end action is far better than it was before.

Comment

QUOTE(ksbluesfan @ Oct 13 2005, 01:46 PM) Quoted post

It's hard to tell if you just watch the Blues. Their transition game is shit. But if you watch two of the better teams, the end to end action is far better than it was before.
                [/b][/quote]

++

The NHL product is signifigantly improved over where it's been for the better part of the last decade.

and the Blues transition game is abysmal.
                Official Lounge Sponsor of:
                MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
                The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

QUOTE(BringBackZezel @ Oct 13 2005, 01:48 PM) Quoted post
                  QUOTE(ksbluesfan @ Oct 13 2005, 01:46 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

++

The NHL product is signifigantly improved over where it's been for the better part of the last decade.

and the Blues are abysmal. [/b][/quote]

fixed.

Official Lounge sponsor of Chris Pronger & Alex Pietrangelo

Comment

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

Absolutely. The difference is night and day.

All you have to do is look behind the play and you won't see players being hooked and held.

I hope this continues.
                    RIP Chris Jones 1971-2009
                    You'll never be forgotten.

Comment

For people who say "I don't understand or watch much hockey, what's the deal?"

I say "Come to a game. You'll leave hooked."

Official Lounge Sponsor of Lou Brock (really) and Ryan Franklin (really)*

* Payment processing. It will be official soon.

Comment

QUOTE(JWB @ Oct 13 2005, 06:21 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

Absolutely. The difference is night and day.

All you have to do is look behind the play and you won't see players being hooked and held.

I hope this continues.
                        [/b][/quote]

Absolutely. It doesn't even look like the same game. You actually see guys skating and passing through the neautral zone, and I think the real body checking has been better too.
                        Official Lounge Sponsor:
                        Tom Brady, Brandon Spikes and the NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
                        The 29 Time Beanpot Champion Boston University Terriers
                        Clay Buchholz, Dustin Pedroia, Aaron Curry

Comment

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]
                          except that the amount of hitting and big checks has gone way down.

Comment

QUOTE(fountain16 @ Oct 13 2005, 07:48 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]
                            except that the amount of hitting and big checks has gone way down.
                            [/b][/quote]

I'd disagree. I think I've seen a lot more good checks this year than I have in recent seasons. You have to use your body more defensively now because you can't use your stick, and with guys skating more and moving faster, it lends itself to bigger hits.
                            Official Lounge Sponsor:
                            Tom Brady, Brandon Spikes and the NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
                            The 29 Time Beanpot Champion Boston University Terriers
                            Clay Buchholz, Dustin Pedroia, Aaron Curry

Comment

The shakrns Routinely do each others buttss
                              Official 2014-15 Lounge Sponsor of Jori Lehterä
                              "He'll Finnish You Off"

Comment

Working...
                              X