X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey, Damtoft

Step up, buddy.

I'm all ears.

The only thing gassed is Damtoft's quips...

Comment

QUOTE(Indu WangZi @ Oct 13 2005, 12:09 AM) Quoted post

The only thing gassed is Damtoft's quips...
      [/b][/quote]
      [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Actually, yes, he does.

But what a horse, man.... that guy battled them and won.

Gotta love him.

Comment

Actually, yes, he does.
          [/b][/quote]

Way to go joe...
          Un-Official Sponsor of Randy Choate and Kevin Siegrist

Comment

if the question is, does he look fresh like he did at the begining of the season, then yes he looks a bit gassed. If you are asking if he looks worn out, then no he looks like a pitcher in the playoffs

Official Sponsor of Marco Gonzales and the Productive Out!!!

Said the Quangle Wangle Quee

Comment

He was throwing in the 94-95 mph range. He went 8 innings and gave up five hits. Yes, just as many walks as strikeouts. He may have had a bit of an issue with location on a few batters, but "gassed"? No.

Moon

Comment

QUOTE(Moon Man @ Oct 13 2005, 05:57 AM) Quoted post

He was throwing in the 94-95 mph range. He went 8 innings and gave up five hits. Yes, just as many walks as strikeouts. He may have had a bit of an issue with location on a few batters, but "gassed"? No.

Moon
                [/b][/quote]

no shit, guy throws 200+ innings, wins 21 plus the Cy Young Pitches well in the LDS and comes out throwing darts in the LCS, goes 8 strong, hitting top velocity.

Gassed my ass. If he is, he is more of a stud than previously thought.

Comment

You guys aren't doing this right. Here, let me do one for you:

Earlier in the year, Carp would have had more strikeouts.

Last night the Astros didn't miss too many pitches.

Gotta get our starters more wins.

Okay. Kconn's got it.
                  I like cheese.

Comment

He is a stud.

And the reason we're going to win the WS.

HEY KOOL-AID!!!!11111
                    His mind is not for rent, to any god or government.
                    Pointless debate is what we do here -- lvr

Comment

I don't know if he's gassed, but he doesn't have the same stuff he had earlier in the year. That's just a byproduct of throwing that many innings. His curveball wasn't fooling anyone, but he's a good enough of a pitcher where he can rely on his two-seamer and cutter to get people out. He's a warrior no doubt, and even if he doesn't have the same stuff he had in July, he's still the guy I want with the ball in an important game.

Comment

Skeptic's just trying to start shit with JD. He doesn't really care about the answer.
                        Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

Comment

Carp has as much heart as Woody Williams -- and that's about as high a compliment as I can give a pitcher.
                          "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."
                          --Albert Einstein

Comment

For somebody who was gassed, his pitches sure seemed to have a lot of movement on 'em. Some fairly nasty stull. Eight innings. Sure, you saw him huffing and puffing in the middle innings, but I would think the old heart's gonna beat a little faster under the circumstances, anyway.
                            Official sponsor of the baseball gods and other missalaneous stuff.

Comment

QUOTE(justwundrin @ Oct 13 2005, 07:36 AM) Quoted post

For somebody who was gassed, his pitches sure seemed to have a lot of movement on 'em. Some fairly nasty stull. Eight innings. Sure, you saw him huffing and puffing in the middle innings, but I would think the old heart's gonna beat a little faster under the circumstances, anyway.
                              [/b][/quote]

whatsamatter puss, can't throw 300 innings a year w/o breaking a sweat.

Comment

Working...
                              X