Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Andy Pettitte (that's w/ two Ts on each side of the i)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andy Pettitte (that's w/ two Ts on each side of the i)

I learned as I was coming home that Senor Pettitte got nailed on his landing leg during BP running the bases...anyone here the severity of it and it's effect on his game tonite? I saw that he kept trying to paint the corner and was shit outta luck.....

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
    Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
    -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Yeah, Gammons said he needed Novacaine for it.
    RIP Chris Jones 1971-2009
    You'll never be forgotten.

Comment

QUOTE(*007* @ Oct 12 2005, 11:49 PM) Quoted post

I learned as I was coming home that Senor Pettitte got nailed on his landing leg during BP running the bases...anyone here the severity of it and it's effect on his game tonite? I saw that he kept trying to paint the corner and was shit outta luck.....
      [/b][/quote]
      Pettitte said his performance could have been the result of either that, his recovering from the flu, or the amount of innings he racked up. It was said that he had a shot of novacane (I fucked up that spelling) to numb the pain, so who knows if it affected his pitching.
      In Construction

(the move messed it up)

Comment

QUOTE(Brosnan2715 @ Oct 12 2005, 11:51 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]
        Pettitte said his performance could have been the result of either that, his recovering from the flu, or the amount of innings he racked up. It was said that he had a shot of novacane (I fucked up that spelling) to numb the pain, so who knows if it affected his pitching.
        [/b][/quote]
        So you're saying he's got three excuses in the barrel of the gun?

Comment

P-E-T-T-I-T-T-I-E-S

Yes, Pettitties!!!1111

Excuses...you were beaten, Andy. Fucking deal with it, dickwad.

Comment

QUOTE(*007* @ Oct 12 2005, 11:53 PM) Quoted post

QUOTE(Brosnan2715 @ Oct 12 2005, 11:51 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]
            [/b][/quote]
            So you're saying he's got three excuses in the barrel of the gun?
            [/b][/quote]
            Pretty pathetic, eh?

I never heard Pettitte actually say this, but this is what ESPN reported that he said.
            In Construction

(the move messed it up)

Comment

[/b][/quote]
              I saw it when it happened. I was laughing my ass off.

Called and told my friends... good to see someone (gammons) take note and mention it on TV so my friends could hear [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img]
              Sponsor of Adam Wainwright
              Sponsor of the $0.50 any-size frozen coke at Mobil on the Run when the Cards score six
              There are 24 teams in baseball with a longer World Series drought than the St. Louis Cardinals.
              "I told myself from the beginning, 'If he's going to throw a shutout, then he's going to tie,' ... he was not going to beat me today." ---Adam Wainwright, 8/11/10
              "I was confused." ---Tim McCarver, 7/30/15

Comment

QUOTE(Indu WangZi @ Oct 12 2005, 11:57 PM) Quoted post

P-E-T-T-I-T-T-I-E-S

Yes, Pettitties!!!1111

[/b][/quote]

i think he meant that Gammons said that, b/c on baseball tonight, gammons said that exact thing. no pitcher would say "well, i may be tired due to the innings i've racked up this year."
                Official 2009 Sponsor of nobody

Comment

QUOTE(bigJOE @ Oct 13 2005, 12:00 AM) Quoted post

P-E-T-T-I-T-T-I-E-S

Yes, Pettitties!!!1111

[/b][/quote]

i think he meant that Gammons said that, b/c on baseball tonight, gammons said that exact thing. no pitcher would say "well, i may be tired due to the innings i've racked up this year."
                  [/b][/quote]
                  I wouldn't think Pettitte would say that either, but ESPN made it seem like he did.
                  In Construction

(the move messed it up)

Comment

QUOTE(Brosnan2715 @ Oct 12 2005, 11:59 PM) Quoted post

Pretty pathetic, eh?

I never heard Pettitte actually say this, but this is what ESPN reported that he said.
                    [/b][/quote]
                    I'll withhold judgement on it...if that's what he said, then I'm speechless....

Comment

Petite?

Comment

Andy doesnt seem like a guy that would make excuses...but, he was a Yankee, so you never know.

Comment

LINK

doesn't sound like Andy's making any excuses to me
                          life begins in march, ends in october, and the resurrection occurs in a hot stove

\"IPB
                          \"IPB

Official Lounge Sponsor of:
                          Morgan Ensberg & Lance Berkman
                          Dr. Pepper
                          all things Calvin & Hobbes

Comment

Yeah, I just can't picture Pettitte making an excuse.
                            RIP Chris Jones 1971-2009
                            You'll never be forgotten.

Comment

QUOTE(Brosnan2715 @ Oct 13 2005, 12:02 AM) Quoted post

QUOTE(bigJOE @ Oct 13 2005, 12:00 AM) Quoted post

P-E-T-T-I-T-T-I-E-S

Yes, Pettitties!!!1111

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]
                              I wouldn't think Pettitte would say that either, but ESPN made it seem like he did.
                              [/b][/quote]

i heard gammons say it.........didn't hear gammons say that pettitte said it, but then i again, i wasn't 100% zeroed in on the TV, either [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]
                              Official 2009 Sponsor of nobody

Comment

Working...
                              X