Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christopher Nolan talks about Batman sequel

link to IGN.com
    October 12, 2005 - Batman Begins helmer Christopher Nolan is making the rounds promoting the DVD release of his hit reinvention of the comic-based film franchise. We talked with Nolan on Tuesday about his current plans for the future of Batman and other upcoming projects.

Nolan says he intends to helm the next Batman movie, but was mum on the details. And it seems that fans will have to wait a bit for the next installment as Nolan confirmed that he'll be making another film first.

"I can't really talk about it other than to say that we are talking about doing a sequel right now," he says. "David [Goyer] and I have been talking about where we're taking the characters. ... We know what we're doing and we're pretty excited about it, but it's still very early. I'm actually making another film first that I'm just in preproduction on, so it's a bit of a ways off."

Although Nolan didn't toss us any Scarecrow casting possibilities, he did drop a couple of familiar names that are being eyed for his next project.

He says, "It's a film called The Prestige – the Christopher Priest novel. We start shooting in January and we're talking to Hugh Jackman and Christian Bale about starring."

Michael Caine has also been rumored to be up for a role in the project which was adapted for the screen by Nolan's younger brother Jonathan (Memento). The novel centers on the rivalry of two young stage magicians in turn-of-the-century London.[/b][/quote]
    life begins in march, ends in october, and the resurrection occurs in a hot stove

\"IPB
    \"IPB

Official Lounge Sponsor of:
    Morgan Ensberg & Lance Berkman
    Dr. Pepper
    all things Calvin & Hobbes

and here's some more that i didn't see at first

October 12, 2005 - Director Christopher Nolan has indeed met with Warner Bros. to discuss his plans for the next Batman movie. This development was acknowledged by Warners production president Jeff Robinov during a recent Q&A with The Hollywood Reporter, as well as by Nolan himself in an interview with About.com.

"Well, it certainly won't be called (Batman Continues). That's the title most commonly thrown at me," Nolan advised About.com. "Actually, I have been talking to the studio and to [screenwriter] David Goyer about directions for a sequel because we're certainly very excited still about the world we were able to dive into and the characters we were able to put on screen. It's a pretty interesting bunch of people and an interesting place, so we're definitely talking about places we would take it."

When asked if the sequel will feature multiple villains, Nolan replied, "I wouldn't want to talk about any specifics per se. All I can really say is it's a film we're talking about doing."

That's not keeping Web sites from buzzing about which villains may be showing up in the movie. A scooper for Batman-on-Film alleges that one unnamed villain "will be an ambiguous mob boss with ties to the late Dr. Thomas Wayne. Another will be an industrial heir not unlike Bruce Wayne - in fact it could be said that he is a dark mirror of Bruce. Over the course of the story, he will be forced to present a new 'face.' And then we have a small, almost cameo type [appearence by a] villain who is considered a 'classic rouge' as a British arms dealer. It may sound a bit crowded, but it all fits together, makes sense, and works much like a comic story arc."

BoF's source says the plot might have "the mob boss and the heir get involved with a major arms deal with the 'British Guy,' while Batman and his allies attempt to foil it. [As a result,] they uncover more of the corruption plauging Gotham. Unfortunatly for both sides, nobody knew there was a Joker in the deck who complicates matters."

(SPOILER WARNING: BoF suggests that these three mystery villains could very well be Salvatore Maroni, Roman Sionis, and Oswald "The Penguin" Cobblepot. Boss Rupert Thorne could also be in the mix instead of one of them.)

Meanwhile, a scooper informs Dark Horizons that "Harvey Dent will be in the film. He won't be Two-Face until the sequel after, but he will be a main part of the next sequel. At the moment, it looks like Liev Schrieber, has got the gig. Also returning are Gary Oldman, Michael Caine and Linus Roache. The same effects team, composer James Newton Howard, the same costume designer - all back."

"Couple of new 'secondary' characters (like 'Falcone' was in the last one) here too. One being talked about - Oswald Cobblepot/Penguin. They're working on costume mocks for that now - I don't know that it's for sure that Cobblepot will 'transform' in this one though, or that they're just going to introduce him. They want a (kinda amusing) 'Harvey Weinstein' type - but not necessarily a naturally-fat guy - just someone that can pull it off effectively."[/b][/quote]
    life begins in march, ends in october, and the resurrection occurs in a hot stove

\"IPB
    \"IPB

Dr. Pepper

Comment

Very cool. The second best batman movie.

Comment

do you mean Nolan's second will be the second best? or that 'Batman Begins' was the second best?

because i don't think any of the previous films hold a canlde to 'Batman Begins'

\"IPB
        \"IPB

Dr. Pepper

Comment

QUOTE(nschneid @ Oct 13 2005, 12:16 AM) Quoted post
          do you mean Nolan's second will be the second best? or that 'Batman Begins' was the second best?

because i don't think any of the previous films hold a canlde to 'Batman Begins' [/b][/quote]
          Number one was pretty much perfect. Keaton was perfect as Batman and Jack ... Jack was most excellent.

Comment

Batman Begins was great...can't wait for the sequel.

At the end of the movie, they pretty obviously hinted that Joker would be in the sequel. So, why no mention of that?

edit: obviously, I didn't read the whole thing...and I don't feel like reading right now...so, Joker will for sure be in the sequel?
            In Construction

(the move messed it up)

Comment

except for one thing, the movie was more about the Joker than Batman

'Batman Begins' was BATMAN

\"IPB
              \"IPB

Dr. Pepper

Comment

Batman Begins was also badass.

Comment

QUOTE(nschneid @ Oct 13 2005, 12:19 AM) Quoted post
                  except for one thing, the movie was more about the Joker than Batman

'Batman Begins' was BATMAN [/b][/quote]
                  I disagree.

It was about Bruce Wayne.

Don't get me wrong, it was an excellent movie. Top notch.

I just think in terms of being about Batman the first one is a classic.

But ... if the sequel comes to fruition I hope they stick to the grittiness that one brought.

Comment

i think you're splitting hairs. it's the origin of Batman. so if it's about Bruce Wayne becoming Batman, it's still about Batman

it's all about personal preference anyway [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img]

\"IPB
                    \"IPB

Dr. Pepper

Comment

QUOTE(nschneid @ Oct 13 2005, 12:39 AM) Quoted post
                      i think you're splitting hairs. it's the origin of Batman. so if it's about Bruce Wayne becoming Batman, it's still about Batman

it's all about personal preference anyway [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img] [/b][/quote]

You started the whole pube splitting thing. lol

Comment

QUOTE(pgrote @ Oct 13 2005, 01:41 AM) Quoted post

QUOTE(nschneid @ Oct 13 2005, 12:39 AM) Quoted post

it's all about personal preference anyway [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img] [/b][/quote]

You started the whole pube splitting thing. lol
                        [/b][/quote]
                        {painful thoughts}

\"IPB
                        \"IPB

Dr. Pepper

Comment

Batman Begins was far and away the best batman movie.

The first one was good, but Begins is a much better film.
                          MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
                          The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

QUOTE(Brosnan2715 @ Oct 13 2005, 12:19 AM) Quoted post

At the end of the movie, they pretty obviously hinted that Joker would be in the sequel. So, why no mention of that?

edit: obviously, I didn't read the whole thing...and I don't feel like reading right now...so, Joker will for sure be in the sequel?
                            [/b][/quote]
                            So, anybody know about Joker?
                            In Construction

(the move messed it up)

Comment

QUOTE(Brosnan2715 @ Oct 13 2005, 10:44 AM) Quoted post

QUOTE(Brosnan2715 @ Oct 13 2005, 12:19 AM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]
                              So, anybody know about Joker?
                              [/b][/quote]

They weren't hinting at the joker being in the sequel....they were tying up all the strings between Begins and the original Batman.
                              MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
                              The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

Working...
                              X