X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bush "Who are you talking to" not what it seems

From the Washington Post

Snippy President

There was an uncomfortable exchange between Bush and Associated Press reporter Pete Yost, an unfamiliar face to the president.

"Let me ask you a couple of questions," Bush misspoke. "Who is the AP person?"

"I am," said Yost.

"Well, ask it," said Bush.

Yost: "Sir, what, in regard to -- "

Bush, interrupting angrily: "Who are you talking to?"

Yost: "Mr. President, in regard to the June 30th deadline, is there a chance that that would be moved back?"

Things proceeded fairly smoothly from that point on.

Not entirely clear was whether Bush was ticked off because Yost didn't call him "Mr. President" -- or if Bush though Yost was talking to someone else on his mobile phone. [Update: I am now told that Yost had a phone to his ear. That would tick me off, too.]
    The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life. -TR

OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF NEW YORK CITY, TEDDY ROOSEVELT AND THE MARYLAND TERRAPINS

Madyaks2 Thought Of The Day: I'm just as dumb as madyaks1.

What's weird is that drudge posted the original.

I'd be ticked if he were on the phone too. AP always goes first, apparently, and when it was time, the guy was on the phone?

Yeah, that makes sense. drudge blows it again. I'd have been hacked too, "Mr. President."

Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

Working...
    X