Clear All

• Welcome to the Fred Smoot sex party

Thanks to the box...

Last update: October 12, 2005 at 11:51 AM
    Vikings cruise was allegedly a sex party
    David Chanen, Paul McEnroe and Kevin Seifert
    Star Tribune
    Published October 12, 2005

Minnesota Vikings players are being investigated in connection with a lake cruise that turned into a wild sex party last week on Lake Minnetonka. The party became so out of control that crew members on the two yachts were offered money for sex and feared for their safety, law enforcement authorities and an attorney for the cruise company said Tuesday.

The excursion Thursday on two yachts owned by Al & Alma's Supper Club and Charter Cruises in Mound was organized by first-year Vikings safety Fred Smoot and possibly two other players, according to Stephen Doyle, the company's attorney.

At least 17 Vikings players have been identified as being on the yachts, he said. It was unclear how many were involved in sex-related activities.

At least 90 people were on the two yachts. The boats were ordered to return to shore just 40 minutes into what had been planned as a 3½-hour cruise after supervisors learned of the alleged behavior.

The crew members, including one who was 18, were "petrified" for their safety, Doyle said.

"The behavior was terrible," he said. "Vikings were absolutely participating. This was not a passive event for them. It was outrageous."

The Hennepin County Sheriff's Office is investigating the case, after the boat company notified authorities about the players' alleged behavior.

No arrests have been made, and no charges have been filed.

The incident took place during the team's bye week; the Vikings didn't play Sunday.

Late Tuesday, Vikings officials issued a statement: "The organization has been made aware of the allegations involving our players and we take these allegations very seriously. We are working diligently to gather as many facts as possible. At this time, we have no further comment."

Attempts to reach Smoot and his agent were unsuccessful.

Doyle said behavior on the cruise included oral sex, masturbation and playing with sex toys.

A source with direct knowledge of the case said Tuesday that accounts of Vikings players having public sex on at least one of the boats matched with what witnesses had reported.

The source said that it appeared that the sex acts took place between consenting adults and that no felony-level crimes had been committed. The source said that it was likely that misdemeanor charges involving lewd behavior could be filed against some players within a week.[/b][/quote]

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
    Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
    -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

where's the problem?
    Official Lounge Sponsor of:
    MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
    The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

It sounds like they're taking this "Viking" thing too serious. Next they'll pillage Minnetrista.

Comment

How does one get invited to one of these parties?

Comment

QUOTE(Lewpats @ Oct 12 2005, 11:25 AM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]
          Fill out an employment application at Al & Alma's Supper Club and Charter Cruises.
          MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

"What do you have in your wallet?"

Comment

QUOTE(Payforfun @ Oct 12 2005, 12:02 PM) Quoted post

"What do you have in your wallet?"
              [/b][/quote]

Comment

QUOTE(Lewpats @ Oct 12 2005, 11:25 AM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

viking season ticket holder?

Comment

QUOTE(ksbluesfan @ Oct 12 2005, 11:23 AM) Quoted post

It sounds like they're taking this "Viking" thing too serious. Next they'll pillage Minnetrista.
                  [/b][/quote]

that is my thought too.
                  Sponsor of:
                  Brian Elliott
                  Kolten Wong & the arch in the outfield grass at Busch Stadium
                  5-29-14-House77 turns down offer of free beer from me

Comment

Working...
                  X