Playing adult softball ... continued

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playing adult softball ... continued

OK, so I am 4-5 weeks into the season of my softball team. I have a situation.

I have a few guys that are good infielders. They can catch the ball very well and have a concept of making a throw, etc.

Problem is, EVERYONE on the team wants to play SS. Every single one of them. Especially my best bench guy.

So today in practice I will try to determine who else could maybe get in there and be decent. The trouble is I know from having done drills where they all took turns at SS that some of them just aren't any good at it....especially my best bench guy. Can't catch the ball, are scared of the ball, are too slow to react, etc.

So question: do I just tell these my bench guy no, you can't play SS? On the one hand, I don't care about winning and losing, but once the game starts, the he really DOES care. So putting a the bench guy back at SS when he committed countless errors there last Monday ... well, not sure if that's fair to everyone.

Thoughts?

PS: Spinoff ++
    Official Lounge Sponsor of:
    MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
    The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

just move Ozzie to second.
    Official Lounge Sponsor of Cardinals Stirrups

Comment

QUOTE(Deacon Blues @ Oct 12 2005, 09:38 AM) Quoted post

just move Ozzie to second.
      [/b][/quote]

I tried that last week, the trouble is that he "sucks"
      MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

Tell you SS to get a pair of these and leave the contacts at home. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img]

jj twiggs - A great family restaurant

Dear God, KBF here. I'd just like to say thanks, once again, for allowing Dusty Baker and I to live during the same time period. Every time I think he's given me his last gift -- overpitching Prior in the playoffs, getting cocky in Game 6 vs. the Angels, blowing another game for the Cubs -- he does something stupid like pitching to Albert Pujols. Thy will be done, baby!!!!!

Comment

Can you raise enough money for eye surgery for your SS?
          Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

Does your shortstop throw like Rainbow Brite?

Official Lounge Sponsor of Lou Brock (really) and Ryan Franklin (really)*

* Payment processing. It will be official soon.

Comment

QUOTE(Donuts_For_Koharski @ Oct 12 2005, 09:41 AM) Quoted post

Tell you SS to get a pair of these and leave the contacts at home. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img]

[/b][/quote]

Now the other problem is that I've got a guy on the team that can't hit for shit. On top of that, he throws like a girl.

Should I cut him?

Comment

QUOTE(BringBackZezel @ Oct 12 2005, 09:43 AM) Quoted post

Now the other problem is that I've got a guy on the team that can't hit for shit. On top of that, he throws like a girl.

Should I cut him?
                [/b][/quote]
                No, just tell him to get a divorce. He was actually pretty good prior to the nuptials.

jj twiggs - A great family restaurant

Dear God, KBF here. I'd just like to say thanks, once again, for allowing Dusty Baker and I to live during the same time period. Every time I think he's given me his last gift -- overpitching Prior in the playoffs, getting cocky in Game 6 vs. the Angels, blowing another game for the Cubs -- he does something stupid like pitching to Albert Pujols. Thy will be done, baby!!!!!

Comment

QUOTE(Donuts_For_Koharski @ Oct 12 2005, 09:45 AM) Quoted post

Should I cut him?
                  [/b][/quote]
                  No, just tell him to get a divorce. He was actually pretty good prior to the nuptials.
                  [/b][/quote]

I don't think it's his marriage. I think he's just a douchebag.

Comment

QUOTE(BringBackZezel @ Oct 12 2005, 09:49 AM) Quoted post

Should I cut him?
                    [/b][/quote]
                    [/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

That might be true, but does he bring beer to the games?

Comment

QUOTE(Celtic @ Oct 12 2005, 09:50 AM) Quoted post

Should I cut him?
                      [/b][/quote]
                      [/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

No, but whenever we replace him, his replacement has to be carried off the field.

Comment

Dammit, I knew I should have made an effort to make it to a Badgers game this year. Then I would know who to abuse in this thread. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]
                        RIP Stan the Man
                        The StL Blues will NEVER win the Stanley Cup. I repeat, NEVER!
                        I miss TLR!

Comment

QUOTE(BringBackZezel @ Oct 12 2005, 09:51 AM) Quoted post

QUOTE(Celtic @ Oct 12 2005, 09:50 AM) Quoted post

Should I cut him?
                          [/b][/quote]
                          [/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

No, but whenever we replace him, his replacement has to be carried off the field.
                          [/b][/quote]

I hobbled AND brought beer.

Comment

Sounds like you all need a little Coaching input...there could be a chance that I will be available now that our HS season is over...

From a few of the other posts, it seems that this league may be a little more competitive than the last one...

Let me know if you need anyone...
                            "Can I borrow your towel? My car just hit a water buffalo."

Comment

QUOTE(jhuegy @ Oct 12 2005, 09:55 AM) Quoted post

Dammit, I knew I should have made an effort to make it to a Badgers game this year. Then I would know who to abuse in this thread. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]
                              [/b][/quote]

Is Gonzo playing in this league?
                              Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

Comment

Working...
                              X