• Show
Clear All

• Colon Left off ALCS Roster

just heard on KFNS, reported by ESPN

Can't find a link yet
    Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

Thanks for coming, Angels.

Check, please!
    "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."
    --Albert Einstein

Comment

QUOTE(kennyboyerfan @ Oct 11 2005, 04:14 PM) Quoted post

Thanks for coming, Angels.

Check, please!
      [/b][/quote]
      [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/mad.gif[/img]

I mean I am guessing they lose tonight, but then I have guessed wrong with them a lot.
      Sometimes elections have positive consequences!

Comment

Ailing Colon left off ALCS roster by Angels
        ESPN.com news services

Angels ace Bartolo Colon, who left Game 5 of the AL Division Series against the New York Yankees on Monday night with an inflamed throwing shoulder, was left off the Angels' AL Championship Series roster.

Left-hander Jarrod Washburn, who was too under the weather with the flu to pitch in Game 4 of the ALDS, was kept on the active roster for the ALCS.

In Game 5 of the ALDS on Monday, Colon spun off the mound in case he had to cover first base when Robinson Cano hit the third pitch of the second inning just foul on the right side. Colon, who had been pitching upright and not bending, was trying to prepare himself to cover if first baseman Darin Erstad made a play.

After a mound visit from trainer Ned Bergert, manager Mike Scioscia and pitching coach Bud Black, Colon threw three more pitches before kneeling down in pain.

Colon, a 21-game winner and AL Cy Young Award candidate who lost Game 1 last Tuesday 4-2, had worked out of a first-inning jam with runners on the corners with an inning-ending strikeout of Hideki Matsui.

Colon has been fighting tightness in his back since early September. He returned to California from New York on Saturday.

He threw 23 pitches and was replaced by rookie right-hander Ervin Santana, who made his first appearance since winning 7-4 at Texas on Oct. 2, the final day of the regular season.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

[/b][/quote]

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
        Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
        -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

Oh yeah: Sox in six....

Comment

Their rotation is really in shambles. They'll have to outscore the White Sox. It can happen, but it's going to be tough.
            "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."
            --Albert Einstein

Comment

Ailing Colon left off ALCS roster by AngelsESPN.com news services

Angels ace Bartolo Colon, who left Game 5 of the AL Division Series against the New York Yankees on Monday night with an inflamed throwing shoulder, was left off the Angels' AL Championship Series roster.

Bartolo Colon
              Starting Pitcher
              Los Angeles Angels

2005 SEASON STATISTICS
              GM W L BB K ERA
              33 21 8 43 157 3.48

Left-hander Jarrod Washburn, who was too under the weather with the flu to pitch in Game 4 of the ALDS, was kept on the active roster for the ALCS.

In Game 5 of the ALDS on Monday, Colon spun off the mound in case he had to cover first base when Robinson Cano hit the third pitch of the second inning just foul on the right side. Colon, who had been pitching upright and not bending, was trying to prepare himself to cover if first baseman Darin Erstad made a play.

After a mound visit from trainer Ned Bergert, manager Mike Scioscia and pitching coach Bud Black, Colon threw three more pitches before kneeling down in pain.

Colon, a 21-game winner and AL Cy Young Award candidate who lost Game 1 last Tuesday 4-2, had worked out of a first-inning jam with runners on the corners with an inning-ending strikeout of Hideki Matsui.

Colon has been fighting tightness in his back since early September. He returned to California from New York on Saturday.

He threw 23 pitches and was replaced by rookie right-hander Ervin Santana, who made his first appearance since winning 7-4 at Texas on Oct. 2, the final day of the regular season.[/b][/quote]
              Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

Comment

Without Colon the Red Sox have this thing sewn up.

Wait. What?
                Of course you do.

Comment

QUOTE(kennyboyerfan @ Oct 11 2005, 04:16 PM) Quoted post

Their rotation is really in shambles. They'll have to outscore the White Sox. It can happen, but it's going to be tough.
                  [/b][/quote]
                  yep.

Comment

He is fat.
                    Official Lounge Sponsor of Candy.

"When you say 'radical right' today, I think of these moneymaking ventures by fellows like Pat Robertson and others who are trying to take the Republican Party and make a religious organization out of it. If that ever happens, kiss politics goodbye."
                    -Barry Goldwater

Comment

So do we know who took his place? Or who's starting tonight? Or if they're the same person?

Your ALCS game one starter: Chris Bootcheck!

Comment

I read they're going with Paul Byrd.
                        --Albert Einstein

Comment

They said Paul Byrd was starting for LAA on the Dan Patrick show.
                          Of course you do.

Comment

kevin gregg might be on the roster instead, I think?

Comment

QUOTE(ShortHop @ Oct 11 2005, 04:23 PM) Quoted post

They said Paul Byrd was starting for LAA on the Dan Patrick show.
                              [/b][/quote]
                              He's the only one who can.....Santana and Lackey are already spent....

Byrd v. Contreras

Comment

Working...
                              X