Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cards' rotation for NLCS tentatively set

http://forums.stltoday.com/viewtopic.php?t=298195

Mulder threw an aggressive bullpen session today at Busch.
    I asked Dave Duncan how Mulder fared.

"After we were done, Mark asked me, 'What do you think.' And I told him, 'I think you should be pitching today.' He threw very well."

So as long as Mulder doesn't experience any problems in the aftermath of his work today, he's set for Game 2.

There is a chance, if Mulder doesn't feel quite right, that he'll come off Game 2 and pitch Game 3.

But if Mulder pitches Game 2, then:

Morris for Game 3.
    Looking @ Suppan for Game 4.
    Carpenter Game 5
    Mulder Game 6
    Morris Game 7 ?

Or if Morris pitches Game 2, then ....

Mulder Game 3
    Suppan Game 4
    Carpenter Game 5
    Morris Game 6
    Mulder Game 7

--B [/b][/quote]

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
    Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
    -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

I like scenario 2 better.

Let Morris pitch at home.

Give Mulder the extra day off and pitch in the Juice Box.

Official Lounge Sponsor of Lou Brock (really) and Ryan Franklin (really)*

* Payment processing. It will be official soon.

Comment

I'd almost rather have Mulder and his groundball ways at MM than Busch. Plus that would keep game 7 away from Morris.
      The noise was good, but I thought they phoned in a lot of the funk.

Co-Sponsor of Yadi Molina, possessor of the best waxed eyebrows in the league.

Sponsor of steveInebriated and fetcher of cold beer.

Comment

Let's just make this simple.

Mulder, game three.

Mulder, game seven.

Thanks.

Comment

I'd like to see Mulder start Game 3 regardless. He's a better fit for pitching at that abomination of a ballpark in Houston, and frankly, I'd feel more confident having him for Game 7 anyway.

Comment

I agree with, well, everybody. Throw the groundball guys down in the Pony League park.

Comment

I tend to agree with everyone who says Mulder should pitch game 3. But I REALLY want to win games 1 and 2 so we can't lose the series in HOU. And Mulder in game 2 gives us the best chance to do that.
              "Need some wood?" -- George W. Bush, October 8, 2004

"Historians will judge if this war is just, not your punk ass." -- Dave Glover, December 8, 2004

Comment

I'm starting to agree with the guy who wanted to see the Pads light up Morris, just so he wouldn't pitch anymore. Please, God, no Matty Mo at Minute Maid.

Save the train!
                "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."
                --Albert Einstein

Comment

QUOTE(backstop @ Oct 11 2005, 03:46 PM) Quoted post

I agree with, well, everybody. Throw the groundball guys down in the Pony League park.
                  [/b][/quote]

I'm going to disagree with everyone.

Not because I actually disagree, but going against common sense keeps me employed.

Comment

I'm not afraid of pitching Morris; he pitched very well in SD.

But I don't want to wake up the morning of game seven, when they're throwing Oswalt or Clemens, and think, "Oh, no problem. Matty Mo is going tonight."

Then again, Suppan delivered the goods. What the fuck do we know?

Comment

Pitch Carp in game one.

If we win, Morris in game 2....if we lose, Mulder in game 2.

Obviously, Mulder is a better match to pitch in Enron field.
                      Official Lounge Sponsor of:
                      MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
                      The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

Pitch Anthony Reyes and Wainright in 1 and 2, Morris and Marquis in 3 and 4.

Save Carpenter and Mulder for the series.
                        "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."
                        --Albert Einstein

Comment

I don't want to have to win 2 in MM. So, even if Carp wins game one, Mulder in 2 gives us the best chance. Plus it keeps him from losing sharpness with too much time between starts.
                          "Need some wood?" -- George W. Bush, October 8, 2004

"Historians will judge if this war is just, not your punk ass." -- Dave Glover, December 8, 2004

Comment

QUOTE(phantom @ Oct 11 2005, 03:51 PM) Quoted post

I don't want to have to win 2 in MM. So, even if Carp wins game one, Mulder in 2 gives us the best chance. Plus it keeps him from losing sharpness with too much time between starts.
                            [/b][/quote]
                            OK, but on the contrary, what if Mulder loses Game 2 after we presumably win Game 1. Would you feel confident having Morris go against Clemens in Game 3 to prevent us from going down 2-1?

Comment

I'm really worried about Morris pitching in MM park with the series tied or us down a game.

If you pitch himin game 2, he'd be on the schedule for game 6.

More importantly, you would have Carpenter and Mulder scheduled for every odd-numbered game, which are the key games in a series.

Carpenter to lead the series, Mulder to end it, and both would get to pitch in MM park.
                              Official Lounge Sponsor of:
                              MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
                              The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

Working...
                              X