Need Restaurant Suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Restaurant Suggestions

In town with the wife on Thursday night for our 10th anniversary. I want to take her somewhere very nice, but we are vegetarian and I would like to go to a restaurant where that won't be a hassle. I proposed to her at Tony's and I am considering going back, but the menu wasn't exactly vegetarian friendly back then. They were absolutely willing to make whatever we wanted, and it was excellent, but I'm not sure we want to go that way again.

Thanks,
    Moon

QUOTE(Moon Man @ Oct 11 2005, 01:47 PM) Quoted post

In town with the wife on Thursday night for our 10th anniversary. I want to take her somewhere very nice, but we are vegetarian and I would like to go to a restaurant where that won't be a hassle. I proposed to her at Tony's and I am considering going back, but the menu wasn't exactly vegetarian friendly back then. They were absolutely willing to make whatever we wanted, and it was excellent, but I'm not sure we want to go that way again.

Thanks,
    Moon
    [/b][/quote]

hell if you are just going to eat a salad, i'd just go thru the schnucks salad bar and eat in the car. either that or get some pork rinds at a bar somewhere.
    Roy Mueller

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."

- Walt Disney

Comment

Sponsor of Adam Wainwright
      Sponsor of the $0.50 any-size frozen coke at Mobil on the Run when the Cards score six
      There are 24 teams in baseball with a longer World Series drought than the St. Louis Cardinals.
      "I told myself from the beginning, 'If he's going to throw a shutout, then he's going to tie,' ... he was not going to beat me today." ---Adam Wainwright, 8/11/10
      "I was confused." ---Tim McCarver, 7/30/15

Comment

Melting Pot is fabtabulous...

Cafe Zoe is good but might not be the uppity scale you want.

Dominic is terrific and will make anything you want

Fast Eddies has peel and eat shrimp and french fries
        Un-Official Sponsor of Randy Choate and Kevin Siegrist

Comment

Thanks,
          Moon
          [/b][/quote]
          Harvest in Clayton
          Fraziers in Soulard

Comment

Thanks,
            Moon
            [/b][/quote]

Whitecastle! Just pull out the meat pattie....
            I'm here until I'm gone, then I'm somewhere else!

Comment

QUOTE(fountain16 @ Oct 11 2005, 11:51 AM) Quoted post

Thanks,
              Moon
              [/b][/quote]
              Harvest in Clayton
              Fraziers in Soulard
              [/b][/quote]

++ on Harvest, excellent Pumpkin Cheesecake

Comment

May I suggest...

www.insidestl.com

Comment

Was thinking of Harvest. We've been there and like it a lot.

Would like somewhere a little nicer than Zoe.Is Dominic's on the Hill? I think I as there probably 15 years ago. Any details?

How is Cafe Napoli for a quiet dinner for two? That's the place in Clayton across from the fire house right?

Moon

Comment

Moon
                    The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life. -TR

OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF NEW YORK CITY, TEDDY ROOSEVELT AND THE MARYLAND TERRAPINS

Madyaks2 Thought Of The Day: I'm just as dumb as madyaks1.

Comment

Frazier's is my favorite restaurant.

Juniper Grill (I think) ... kinda new in Soulard is good too....don't drive your cherokee there.
                      Sometimes elections have positive consequences!

Comment

Denny's serves Gardenburgers.

Comment

Dominic's is totally not tiredsome and unexcellent.

I think it is the best. Prefer it over Tony's. Pricey, c-note a head easy, but service and fare is awesome.

About the only place I prefer more is Melting Pot. And the enviroment is more a reasoning there.

Comment

FWIW

Comment

QUOTE(lazydaze @ Oct 11 2005, 01:51 PM) Quoted post

Melting Pot is fabtabulous...

Cafe Zoe is good but might not be the uppity scale you want.

Dominic is terrific and will make anything you want

Fast Eddies has peel and eat shrimp and french fries
                              [/b][/quote]

Little living (yes, now dead) shrimpies?
                              Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

Comment

Working...
                              X