Champagne Celebration for Division Series Winner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Champagne Celebration for Division Series Winner

Does this drive anybody else nuts? I can understand the celebration for winning the division and going to the World Series. But the Division Series celebrations are pretty ridiculous. Last night, the Angels were squirting champagne all over each other when they had to be on a plane in an hour for a game less than 20 hours away. They weren't the champions of anything.

Why does winning the first round of the playoffs deserve this? You don't see it in NFL, NBA, NHL, NCAA BB. What's so special about ALDS/NLDS?

I never pass up on an opportunity to celebrate.
    Official Lounge Sponsor of Candy.

"When you say 'radical right' today, I think of these moneymaking ventures by fellows like Pat Robertson and others who are trying to take the Republican Party and make a religious organization out of it. If that ever happens, kiss politics goodbye."
    -Barry Goldwater

Comment

I never pass up on an opportunity to drink.
      Official sponsor of: Pepsi Zero Sugar and Jordan Almonds.

Comment

I agree and said the same thing when the Cardinals beat the Padres.

Comment

QUOTE(Miami Card Fan @ Oct 11 2005, 10:55 AM) Quoted post

I can understand the celebration for winning the division and going to the World Series.
          [/b][/quote]

I am assuming you meant winning the League?
          Official Lounge Sponsor of:
          Brett Hull & St. Patricks Day

Comment

For the Cardinals, it makes no sense at all.

For the Astros, it makes perfect sense, since that will be the highlight of their season and they'll get no more chances to celebrate.

The [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cubs.gif[/img] should do it after every regular season win.
            "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."
            --Albert Einstein

Comment

They should celebrate.

Silly and demotivating not to acknowledge, appreciate and celebrate goals and progress.
              Un-Official Sponsor of Randy Choate and Kevin Siegrist

Comment

QUOTE(Miami Card Fan @ Oct 11 2005, 11:55 AM) Quoted post

Does this drive anybody else nuts? I can understand the celebration for winning the division and going to the World Series. But the Division Series celebrations are pretty ridiculous. Last night, the Angels were squirting champagne all over each other when they had to be on a plane in an hour for a game less than 20 hours away. They weren't the champions of anything.

Why does winning the first round of the playoffs deserve this? You don't see it in NFL, NBA, NHL, NCAA BB. What's so special about ALDS/NLDS?
                [/b][/quote]
                I think it's more of a media event than anything... in fact I wouldn't doubt that MLB obligates it in some sort of way.
                Official 2014-15 Lounge Sponsor of Jori Lehterä
                "He'll Finnish You Off"

Comment

It's a byproduct of when baseball playoffs were only for the league or the World Championship.
                  The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life. -TR

OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF NEW YORK CITY, TEDDY ROOSEVELT AND THE MARYLAND TERRAPINS

Madyaks2 Thought Of The Day: I'm just as dumb as madyaks1.

Comment

I think the big celebration should be saved for the WS.

Nothing to celebrate until then.
                    Damn these electric sex pants!

26+31+34+42+44+46+64+67+82+06 = 10

Bring back the death penalty for corporations!

Comment

LA of Anaheim used Miller Lite when they won the division. Winning the division series was an upgrade
                      Sponsor of:
                      Brian Elliott
                      Kolten Wong & the arch in the outfield grass at Busch Stadium
                      5-29-14-House77 turns down offer of free beer from me

Comment

It's stupid. It's because the sport had such a long history without > 2 playoff series. Winning the LDS gets you nothing. What can you say you've won.

Celebrating after winning your division is fine. And celebrating after the LCS is fine because you've won your league.
                        "Need some wood?" -- George W. Bush, October 8, 2004

"Historians will judge if this war is just, not your punk ass." -- Dave Glover, December 8, 2004

Comment

I think it's called milestones on the way to a goal.
                          Un-Official Sponsor of Randy Choate and Kevin Siegrist

Comment

QUOTE(lazydaze @ Oct 11 2005, 01:31 PM) Quoted post

I think it's called milestones on the way to a goal.
                            [/b][/quote]

lunch time was a milestone on the way to going home from work tonight. But I didn't spray my co-workers with champaign.
                            "Need some wood?" -- George W. Bush, October 8, 2004

"Historians will judge if this war is just, not your punk ass." -- Dave Glover, December 8, 2004

Comment

i think that blowing off steam is a good thing, For the Angles they needed to get ready for their flight

Official Sponsor of Marco Gonzales and the Productive Out!!!

Said the Quangle Wangle Quee

Comment

Working...
                              X