X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brian Giles

Cardinals | B. Giles Expects to Hear from Cards
    Mon, 10 Oct 2005 13:02:58 -0700

The San Diego Union-Tribune's Tom Krasovic reports those close to San Diego Padres OF Brian Giles expect the St. Louis Cardinals to pursue the potential free agent. [/b][/quote]

Sounds like at least he wants to come here.
    Un-Official Sponsor of Randy Choate and Kevin Siegrist

QUOTE(lazydaze @ Oct 11 2005, 10:20 AM) Quoted post

Cardinals | B. Giles Expects to Hear from Cards
    Mon, 10 Oct 2005 13:02:58 -0700

The San Diego Union-Tribune's Tom Krasovic reports those close to San Diego Padres OF Brian Giles expect the St. Louis Cardinals to pursue the potential free agent. [/b][/quote]

Sounds like at least he wants to come here.
    [/b][/quote]

nice. He'd be a great pickup.
    Official Lounge Sponsor of:
    MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
    The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

I would love to have him patroling the outfield.
      Sponsor of:
      Brian Elliott
      Kolten Wong & the arch in the outfield grass at Busch Stadium
      5-29-14-House77 turns down offer of free beer from me

Comment

I'm more interested in knowing how much $$$ he wants.

He'd be a great addition though.
        "Need some wood?" -- George W. Bush, October 8, 2004

"Historians will judge if this war is just, not your punk ass." -- Dave Glover, December 8, 2004

Comment

QUOTE(Guppy @ Oct 11 2005, 10:25 AM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]
          What? Is he a cop or something? They gonna give him a golf cart with a little light on top and a badge?

Moon

Comment

I love Giles.

If Walt gets him at a reasonable price, I'll never say a bad word about him again.

Of course, I havent said anything bad about Walt for a while now...
            “I’ve always stated, ‘I’m a Missouri Tiger,’” Anderson said March 13 after Arkansas fired John Pelphrey, adding, “I’m excited about what’s taking place here.”

Asked then if he would talk to his players about the situation, he said, “They know me, and that’s where the trust comes in.

Comment

Giles and Furcal! We win again!

Moon

Comment

I'm also a huge Giles fan. He's getting old, but he had a great year...he's going to get paid, though. Won't come cheap.

Comment

QUOTE(Moon Man @ Oct 11 2005, 10:28 AM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]
                  What? Is he a cop or something? They gonna give him a golf cart with a little light on top and a badge?

Moon
                  [/b][/quote]
                  the same thing as Sheriff Larry Walker does.
                  Sponsor of:
                  Brian Elliott
                  Kolten Wong & the arch in the outfield grass at Busch Stadium
                  5-29-14-House77 turns down offer of free beer from me

Comment

Massivly front load a contract for Giles so that if he declines or jsut doesn't work out you can trade him later.

Something like 3 years-24 million with 12 million coming in the first year and 6 million every year after that.
                    MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

I'd rather get his younger brother.

I'm a big Giles fan too, but he is getting up there in years and I thought the idea was to get younger in the outfield. Having said that, he was still one of the top 5 or so players in the NL this year, and would love to have him as a two year stop gap, until God willing, some of our own outfield prospects are ready.

Comment

How much is Giles worth to you guys and how much do you think he'll be able to get?

A 3 year deal worth 20 million or so in the neighborhood of what he'll get? Or more/less?
                        You're being fucking dramatic. You own a TV and an air mattress. That's not exactly what I'd call "a lot to lose."

Comment

QUOTE(Guppy @ Oct 11 2005, 10:30 AM) Quoted post

QUOTE(Moon Man @ Oct 11 2005, 10:28 AM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

Moon
                          [/b][/quote]
                          the same thing as Sheriff Larry Walker does.
                          [/b][/quote]
                          Larry Walker in a cops's uniform - that's hawt! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wub.gif[/img]

Giles would be a good pick up for the OF. Walker's looking at retiring and honestly, I'd be surprised if Reggies doesn't retire after this season as well. He'll have 2 WS rings after the Cards win the WS and I see him as someone who wants to go out on top of his game.
                          Official Lounge Sponsor of Kentucky - The Bluegrass State
                          Proud Sponsor of Kirkwood Athletic Associations's Gameface #5 DK
                          Official Sponsor of the Lounge Badgers #13 Guppy
                          Official Lounge Sponsor of the Rams # 81 Torry Holt
                          NOW Sponsoring St. Louis Cardinals #3 Abraham Nunez
                          LET'S GO CARDINALS!!!!! \"IPB

"From there to here, from here to there, funny things are everywhere..."

formerly aka Lois Lane - Going back to my hillbilly roots!

Comment

QUOTE(Nasty Nate @ Oct 11 2005, 10:33 AM) Quoted post

How much is Giles worth to you guys and how much do you think he'll be able to get?

A 3 year deal worth 20 million or so in the neighbored of what he'll get? Or more/less?
                            [/b][/quote]

I would right around there....

He's made $8-$9 million/year over the past 4 years....but that was on a contract he signed coming off 30+ HR and 100+ RBI seasons.

Comment

Walt can land himn for about 20 mill over 4 years
                              Un-Official Sponsor of Randy Choate and Kevin Siegrist

Comment

Working...
                              X