Fox TV ends playoff coverage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fox TV ends playoff coverage

NEW YORK (AP) -- Fox Sports announced Tuesday that it had decided not to telecast the American and National League championship series, citing lack of national interest.

"Once the Yankees got beat, that was it for us," said Fox Sports President Peter Griffin. "We told Major League Baseball from the start, if neither New York or Boston is in it, we're not showing it."

Fox sold the rights of the game to the Food Network, which will show the games at 9 a.m. on Saturday morning, right after the late Julia Child's class on chicken choking.

Instead of this year's games, Fox will re-broadcast last year's American League Championship Series between the Yankees and the Red Sox.

Griffin said fans of St. Louis, Houston, Chicago and Anaheim will probably protest, "but our decision is final. The other night, when the Cardinals game against the Padres started at 10 a.m. central time, ESPN proved you can screw over the fans and get away with it."

MLB Chairman Bud Selig could not be reached for comment. An aide said he was meeting with Yankee and Red Sox executives on what steps could be taken to get those teams back into the World Series.
    "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."
    --Albert Einstein

QUOTE(kennyboyerfan @ Oct 11 2005, 09:28 AM) Quoted post

NEW YORK (AP) -- Fox Sports announced Tuesday that it had decided not to telecast the American and National League championship series, citing lack of national interest.

"Once the Yankees got beat, that was it for us," said Fox Sports President Peter Griffin. "We told Major League Baseball from the start, if neither New York or Boston is in it, we're not showing it."

Fox sold the rights of the game to the Food Network, which will show the games at 9 a.m. on Saturday morning, right after the late Julia Child's class on chicken choking.

Instead of this year's games, Fox will re-broadcast last year's American League Championship Series between the Yankees and the Red Sox.

Griffin said fans of St. Louis, Houston, Chicago and Anaheim will probably protest, "but our decision is final. The other night, when the Cardinals game against the Padres started at 10 a.m. central time, ESPN proved you can screw over the fans and get away with it."

MLB Chairman Bud Selig said that the Cardinals will get fucked again. An aide said he was meeting with Yankee and Red Sox executives on what steps could be taken to get those teams back into the World Series.
    [/b][/quote]

fixed.
    RIP Stan the Man
    The StL Blues will NEVER win the Stanley Cup. I repeat, NEVER!
    I miss TLR!

Comment

funnay

Official Sponsor of Marco Gonzales and the Productive Out!!!

Said the Quangle Wangle Quee

Comment

OH MY GOD, IS THIS REAL!?!?!?!!!

IF NOT, WE NEED TO LOCK IT BECAUSE IT DOESN'T SAY IT'S NOT REAL, AND PEOPLE MIGHT THINK SHEPARD SMITH IS REALLY DEAD!!!
        Official Lounge Sponsor of:
        MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
        The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

QUOTE(BringBackZezel @ Oct 11 2005, 09:43 AM) Quoted post

IF NOT, WE NEED TO LOCK IT BECAUSE IT DOESN'T SAY IT'S NOT REAL, AND PEOPLE MIGHT THINK SHEPARD SMITH IS REALLY DEAD!!!

[/b][/quote]
          Shepard Smith isn't dead?!?!?!
          If you believe in something sacrifice a hobo to it or don't bother.

Comment

QUOTE(Turd Ferguson @ Oct 11 2005, 09:44 AM) Quoted post

QUOTE(BringBackZezel @ Oct 11 2005, 09:43 AM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]
            Shepard Smith isn't dead?!?!?!
            [/b][/quote]

HE REALLY DIED HERE!!!!
            http://homepage.mac.com/mkoldys/iblog/C168...20050923224240/
            MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

I am contacting my lawyer for false news being reported at the Cartel.
              Sponsor of:
              Brian Elliott
              Kolten Wong & the arch in the outfield grass at Busch Stadium
              5-29-14-House77 turns down offer of free beer from me

Comment

QUOTE(Guppy @ Oct 11 2005, 09:47 AM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

Someone deserves a permaban for this.

I vote we ban Turd.

Comment

QUOTE(BringBackZezel @ Oct 11 2005, 10:00 AM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

I vote we ban Turd.
                  [/b][/quote]
                  We should ban him and delete all of his posts too. That'll show him!
                  Official Lounge Sponsor of Kentucky - The Bluegrass State
                  Proud Sponsor of Kirkwood Athletic Associations's Gameface #5 DK
                  Official Sponsor of the Lounge Badgers #13 Guppy
                  Official Lounge Sponsor of the Rams # 81 Torry Holt
                  NOW Sponsoring St. Louis Cardinals #3 Abraham Nunez
                  LET'S GO CARDINALS!!!!! \"IPB

"From there to here, from here to there, funny things are everywhere..."

formerly aka Lois Lane - Going back to my hillbilly roots!

Comment

QUOTE(Lois Lane @ Oct 11 2005, 10:02 AM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

I vote we ban Turd.
                    [/b][/quote]
                    [/b][/quote]
                    you mean this is not real?!?!

Official Sponsor of Marco Gonzales and the Productive Out!!!

Said the Quangle Wangle Quee

Comment

I posted it at Orange WhoopAss. Somebody said, "Is this what we get for making it to the NLCS?" I wrote back, Just think of all the surprises that await you should you finally make the World Series.

They banned me again. Good. Those people don't understand cutting-edge Internet comedy.

Biggest bunch of weenies ever.
                      "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."
                      --Albert Einstein

Comment

QUOTE(jhanke @ Oct 11 2005, 09:04 AM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

I vote we ban Turd.
                        [/b][/quote]
                        [/b][/quote]
                        you mean this is not real?!?!
                        [/b][/quote]
                        It's real, Virginia.

It's as real as the spirit of Santa Claus.
                        --Albert Einstein

Comment

[/b][/quote]

I vote we ban Turd.
                          [/b][/quote]
                          [/b][/quote]
                          It's the only way.
                          If you believe in something sacrifice a hobo to it or don't bother.

Comment

[/b][/quote]

I vote we ban Turd.
                            [/b][/quote]
                            [/b][/quote]

So it's decided....we'll ban you until you accept my football trade proposal.

Comment

More Rachel Ray for me.
                              Turning the other cheek is better than burying the other body.

Official Sport Lounge Sponsor of Rhode Island - Quincy Jones - Yadier Molina who knows no fear.
                              God is stronger and the problem knows it.

2017 BOTB bracket

Comment

Working...
                              X