Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

People are struggling emotionally over the loss of Busch stadium?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People are struggling emotionally over the loss of Busch stadium?

They just did a piece on the 2 Fox about people writing things in marker on the Busch Stadium columns. The stadium HoF director (if I heard correctly) said people were struggling emotionally with the impending loss of Busch stadium.

It's a great place and by far the best cookie cutter stadium built but are people really struggling with its loss? The only thing I think of when seeing the new Busch being built next to the present Busch is that I can't wait for the old place to go so the new one can be completed.

I understand there are great memories involved with the old stadium but you'll always have those.

QUOTE(Damon @ Oct 10 2005, 05:48 PM) Quoted post

They just did a piece on the 2 Fox about people writing things in marker on the Busch Stadium columns. The stadium HoF director (if I heard correctly) said people were struggling emotionally with the impending loss of Busch stadium.

It's a great place and by far the best cookie cutter stadium built but are people really struggling with its loss? The only thing I think of when seeing the new Busch being built next to the present Busch is that I can't wait for the old place to go so the new one can be completed.

I understand there are great memories involved with the old stadium but you'll always have those.
    [/b][/quote]
    I posted aboot this after the last game of the season...what a bunch of idiots....

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
    Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
    -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

[/b][/quote]

These are the same people who bawled when the old STL Arena was blowed up.
      RIP Chris Jones 1971-2009
      You'll never be forgotten.

Comment

QUOTE(*007* @ Oct 10 2005, 05:50 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]
        I posted aboot this after the last game of the season...what a bunch of idiots....
        [/b][/quote]

[img]http://rds.yahoo.com/S=96062883/K=mike+Keenan/v=2/SID=w/TID=I057_79/l=IVI/SIG=1253cn5re/EXP=1129071233/*http%3A//gonduin.com/ptg/graphics/mike_keenan_00.jpg[/img]

EMBRACE CHANGE, PEOPLE!

Comment

Or, as Bob Seger once sang "Turn the page".
          Make America Great For Once.

Comment

I am. I have alot of memories there. I've broke down a few times thinking about the place. The post-game ceremony after last game took alot of me, especially Jack Bucks poem. I took the time before that game to sign the left field foul pole from Suite 70. I've enjoyed reading up on the history of Busch Stadium, both events and the construction of it. The yearbook they are selling now for $20 is a helluva read. That said, I'm also looking forward to the new place. I wish both stadiums could somehow co-exist but it is impossible obviously.

Official lounge sponsor of new Busch Stadium!

Comment

Working...
            X