• Show
Clear All

• Rams cut gimpy-footed punter

dupe?

Hodges Released
    Monday, October 10, 2005

By Nick Wagoner
    Senior Writer

Rookie punter Reggie Hodges struggled mightily Sunday afternoon against Seattle and that was the last straw. Hodges, who has been inconsistent for most of the season, received his official release Monday afternoon.

Hodges punted five times for an average of 33.2 yards with a net of 27.6 yards. On 22 punts for the season, Hodges averaged 38 yards a kick with a net of 31 yards. The Seahawks started five drives in Rams’ territory Sunday.

St. Louis used a sixth-round choice on the punter out of Ball State. No replacement has been signed yet, but the Rams are expected to bring in a punter that has been with the team before. Bryan Barker, who spent part of the preseason competing with Hodges is one candidate.

With the announcement that head coach Mike Martz is taking an indefinite leave of absence, Hodges’ replacement probably won’t be announced until the team resumes practice Thursday afternoon.
    . . . and to tell you this: I work with gays, have friends who are gay, go to church with gays. Most of them are aware that I believe that homosexual behavior is sin. Some of them actually agree. Most don't. It's OK . . . because they also know or at least have been made aware of my multitude of sins: adulterous heart, lustful and covetous behavior, wicked pride, angry spirit . . . do I need to go on?
    -mike
    mike smith, post-dispatch online sports editor

What is Landetta doing these days?

"Sometimes you score, sometimes you don't," Tarasenko said. "You can't score every game. So, at the same time, you need to help your team. You can be a factor. That's what I try to do. I believe it's coming if you just don't think about it".

Comment

About time. I could punt farther with my DICK!

Comment

That Joe Vitt is one cold mofo baster.

One day on the job and he's icing all of Mike's boys.
        Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

Comment

QUOTE(ElviswasaBluesFan @ Oct 10 2005, 10:11 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

If he ices Hadley ++++!

Now we can see what Steve Fairchild can do as an OC.

With Martz in charge, Fairchild is just an OC in title only.

Comment

another wasted draft pick BTW

Comment

He must not be "gimpy" they can't cut you if you are hurt.
              (I think)
              Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

Comment

QUOTE(Jack Daniels @ Oct 10 2005, 11:51 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

If he ices Hadley ++++!

[/b][/quote]

Watch em go on a 7-1 tear now.
                Official Lounge Sponsor:
                Tom Brady, Brandon Spikes and the NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
                The 29 Time Beanpot Champion Boston University Terriers
                Clay Buchholz, Dustin Pedroia, Aaron Curry

Comment

QUOTE(Lippa @ Oct 10 2005, 11:29 PM) Quoted post

QUOTE(Jack Daniels @ Oct 10 2005, 11:51 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

If he ices Hadley ++++!

[/b][/quote]

Watch em go on a 7-1 tear now.
                  [/b][/quote]

I would laugh my ass off

Comment

QUOTE(ElviswasaBluesFan @ Oct 10 2005, 11:00 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

++.

Worth saying twice.

How many of our draft picks this year are complete and utter busts? We wasted a pick on a punter and wide receiver. Neither of the safeties are ready to contribute and they won't even dress Bartels. The three offensive linemen seem like they're still good picks and I'll assume Fitzpatrick will be OK. That's an incredibly unproductive draft for a team with a mediocre secondary, an anemic pass rush, and linebackers who can't cover.
                    On my mind: How can I shut up the singing English graduate student? How many more lossess will KU's basketball team have than its football team? How will the Rams front office screw up this year?

Official lounge sponsor of Will Witherspoon, Russell Robinson, and all other things Jayhawk at the lounge (which ain't much).

Comment

QUOTE(chiguy @ Oct 11 2005, 03:33 AM) Quoted post

QUOTE(ElviswasaBluesFan @ Oct 10 2005, 11:00 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

++.

Worth saying twice.

How many of our draft picks this year are complete and utter busts? We wasted a pick on a punter and wide receiver. Neither of the safeties are ready to contribute and they won't even dress Bartels. The three offensive linemen seem like they're still good picks and I'll assume Fitzpatrick will be OK. That's an incredibly unproductive draft for a team with a mediocre secondary, an anemic pass rush, and linebackers who can't cover.
                      [/b][/quote]
                      Take off your blinders, haters. You have good plenty of good arguments, but you don't convolute your position with weak arguments. A late 6th Round pick is essentially the same as signing someone as an undrafted free agent. It was pick 210 out of 255. I doubt any of those other guys are making much of an impact right now either.

Regarding the lack of good picks on the secondary: you get in trouble when you draft based on need rather than talent. It's hard to assess the wisdom of drafting the two safeties w/out knowing what other secondary help was out there at the time of the pick. Did we pass up better options? I don't know. We won't know for a couple of years.

Comment

What's crazy about this dude is even during warm-ups, he was barely getting it 35. Unreal.
                        Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

QUOTE(dvyyyyyy @ Oct 11 2005, 08:07 AM) Quoted post

What's crazy about this dude is even during warm-ups, he was barely getting it 35. Unreal.
                          [/b][/quote]
                          If you read his prospect report, it sounded like he was a pretty good prospect.

I understand you make your judgment of a pick based on ultimate results, but it doesn't seem like it was utter lunacy to draft this loser with a compensatory pick late in the 6th Round.

Comment

QUOTE(dvyyyyyy @ Oct 11 2005, 09:07 AM) Quoted post
                            What's crazy about this dude is even during warm-ups, he was barely getting it 35. Unreal. [/b][/quote]

I am pretty damn sure most of us could kick it 35 yards.

Comment

QUOTE(Miami Card Fan @ Oct 11 2005, 09:11 AM) Quoted post
                              QUOTE(dvyyyyyy @ Oct 11 2005, 08:07 AM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]
                              If you read his prospect report, it sounded like he was a pretty good prospect.

I understand you make your judgment of a pick based on ultimate results, but it doesn't seem like it was utter lunacy to draft this loser with a compensatory pick late in the 6th Round. [/b][/quote]

Punters are a dime a dozen.

Comment

Working...
                              X