Burwell sums up the Rams perfectly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burwell sums up the Rams perfectly

At the end of this ignominious afternoon, the sad and exasperated faces of a dispirited Rams world barely had enough spunk to work up an old-fashioned leather-lunged ruckus. The afternoon had been filled with plenty of that already, dipping wildly among anger, disgust, false hope and despair from every corner of the Edward Jones Dome as recurring football horrors continued to flash before their eyes.

Yet when the scoreboard clock had mercifully ticked off the final seconds of this 37-31 spanking by the Seattle Seahawks, the few folks who had bothered to stick it out until the bitter end looked too dazed to do much of anything except slump in their seats.

That seems about right, now doesn't it? That's what this Rams season has really come to - just a lot of long, exasperated wheezing and flummoxed hand gestures because of the frustrations involved in trying to dissect this clunker of a game and season.

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/blink.gif[/img] WTF? Is that English? This douche thinks he is John Updike. Someone take away his thesaurus.
    Dude. Can. Fly.

OK, it's actually pretty good once you get past that mess I quoted.

These weren't just bad coverages. This wasn't as if Ram safeties were physically incapable of pursuing a stable of whippet wide outs who were Jerry Rice clones. Joe Jurevicius is not Don Hutson, although he played him on TV yesterday (nine catches, 137 yards, one TD). And neither were the seven other "who's he?" receivers, such as D.J. Hackett, Jerramy Stevens, Ryan Hannam and Jerheme Urban, who ate up the secondary.

Linkage
    Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

The RAMS Defense is Offensive! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/w00t.gif[/img]
      I'm here until I'm gone, then I'm somewhere else!

Comment

QUOTE(dvyyyyyy @ Oct 10 2005, 08:12 AM) Quoted post

At the end of this ignominious afternoon, the sad and exasperated faces of a dispirited Rams world barely had enough spunk to work up an old-fashioned leather-lunged ruckus. The afternoon had been filled with plenty of that already, dipping wildly among anger, disgust, false hope and despair from every corner of the Edward Jones Dome as recurring football horrors continued to flash before their eyes.

Yet when the scoreboard clock had mercifully ticked off the final seconds of this 37-31 spanking by the Seattle Seahawks, the few folks who had bothered to stick it out until the bitter end looked too dazed to do much of anything except slump in their seats.

That seems about right, now doesn't it? That's what this Rams season has really come to - just a lot of long, exasperated wheezing and flummoxed hand gestures because of the frustrations involved in trying to dissect this clunker of a game and season.

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/blink.gif[/img] WTF? Is that English? This douche thinks he is John Updike. Someone take away his thesaurus.
        [/b][/quote]
        Maybe he's taking a correspondence course in writing? I'd venture to say that he did not get a good grade in grammar however, as the grammar in those 2 paragraphs is atrocious.
        Official Lounge Sponsor of Kentucky - The Bluegrass State
        Proud Sponsor of Kirkwood Athletic Associations's Gameface #5 DK
        Official Sponsor of the Lounge Badgers #13 Guppy
        Official Lounge Sponsor of the Rams # 81 Torry Holt
        NOW Sponsoring St. Louis Cardinals #3 Abraham Nunez
        LET'S GO CARDINALS!!!!! \"IPB

"From there to here, from here to there, funny things are everywhere..."

formerly aka Lois Lane - Going back to my hillbilly roots!

Comment

Unfortunately, a few of the Rams/Martz supporters have been conspicuously absent the last few weeks.
          Official Lounge Sponsor:
          Tom Brady, Brandon Spikes and the NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
          The 29 Time Beanpot Champion Boston University Terriers
          Clay Buchholz, Dustin Pedroia, Aaron Curry

Comment

What happened to hhp who was tired of everyone just bitching about winning football?
            Un-Official Sponsor of Randy Choate and Kevin Siegrist

Comment

Burwell is a pompous douchebag who takes 15 column inches to repeat the same thing over and over.

he is to writing what the Rams are to turnovers.
              Official Lounge Sponsor of Cardinals Stirrups

Comment

QUOTE(Deacon Blues @ Oct 10 2005, 09:57 AM) Quoted post

Burwell is a pompous douchebag who takes 15 column inches to repeat the same thing over and over.

he is to writing what the Rams are to turnovers.
                [/b][/quote]

Touche', stated with elegance. Me, I prefer to just say he is an idiotstick assclown. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/blink.gif[/img]
                I'm here until I'm gone, then I'm somewhere else!

Comment

That unexcellent bit of prose makes me long for another of SLUBLUE's restaurant reviews.

jj twiggs - A great family restaurant

Dear God, KBF here. I'd just like to say thanks, once again, for allowing Dusty Baker and I to live during the same time period. Every time I think he's given me his last gift -- overpitching Prior in the playoffs, getting cocky in Game 6 vs. the Angels, blowing another game for the Cubs -- he does something stupid like pitching to Albert Pujols. Thy will be done, baby!!!!!

Comment

QUOTE(Donuts_For_Koharski @ Oct 10 2005, 09:06 AM) Quoted post

That unexcellent bit of prose makes me long for another of SLUBLUE's restaurant reviews.
                    [/b][/quote]

You don't think picking on Slooey has become tiredsome?
                    His mind is not for rent, to any god or government.
                    Pointless debate is what we do here -- lvr

Comment

QUOTE(Lippa @ Oct 10 2005, 08:54 AM) Quoted post

Unfortunately, a few of the Rams/Martz supporters have been conspicuously absent the last few weeks.
                      [/b][/quote]
                      I'm not hiding. I've always supported him because we've won a lot of games. This season we are losing and if we continue the losing then he's got to go. So far this season, the coaching has been beyond terrible. I can live with the shit when we win, but not when we lose. Every week seems to get more and more exasperating.

The defense sucks. Marshall didn't get one touch yesterday. We've been playing from behind all season. If we lose 10 games or more, I think Martz will and should be gone. Even if we're better than that, Marmie has to go, and Shaw and the boys need to make demands on Martz--including having a say in who the new DC is, forcing a knowledgeable football guy to act as assistant HC, and some other stuff I can't think of right now. If he won't agree to those conditions, then he's out.

I believe the personnel is there for a winner. I don't think Jeff Tedford is the answer (apparently he's the rumored replacement). I think the organization at least needs to think heavily before letting Martz go. It's not easy to make the playoffs 4 out of 5 years. We could be in the realm of the Browns, Bears, Cardinals, or Texans if we're not careful. Can you imagine how shitty it must be to be a fan of one of those teams?

Comment

QUOTE(Miami Card Fan @ Oct 10 2005, 11:46 AM) Quoted post

I'm not hiding. I've always supported him because we've won a lot of games. This season we are losing and if we continue the losing then he's got to go. So far this season, the coaching has been beyond terrible. I can live with the shit when we win, but not when we lose. Every week seems to get more and more exasperating. [/b][/quote]

Since the start of last season:

11 Wins - 12 Losses.

We are no longer winning a lot of games, and this has been going on for a while now.

"Sometimes you score, sometimes you don't," Tarasenko said. "You can't score every game. So, at the same time, you need to help your team. You can be a factor. That's what I try to do. I believe it's coming if you just don't think about it".

Comment

QUOTE(_Gassoff @ Oct 10 2005, 10:05 AM) Quoted post

I'm not hiding. I've always supported him because we've won a lot of games. This season we are losing and if we continue the losing then he's got to go. So far this season, the coaching has been beyond terrible. I can live with the shit when we win, but not when we lose. Every week seems to get more and more exasperating. [/b][/quote]

11 Wins - 12 Losses.

We are no longer winning a lot of games, and this has been going on for a while now.
                          [/b][/quote]

We've lost many more games than we should of since 2000.
                          Un-Official Sponsor of Randy Choate and Kevin Siegrist

Comment

QUOTE(_Gassoff @ Oct 10 2005, 11:05 AM) Quoted post

11 Wins - 12 Losses.

[/b][/quote]
                            You know you're having problems arguing your side when you have your pick of a time frame to choose from to try to make your point that we are losing and the worse number you can come up with is one game under .500.

Even at his worst he hovers around .500. That's not bad.

It looks like you'll all have your wish if the losing continues. Trust me, he pisses me off too, but it's hard to win in the NFL. I don't want to end up like the Bears.

Comment

QUOTE(lazydaze @ Oct 10 2005, 11:08 AM) Quoted post

QUOTE(_Gassoff @ Oct 10 2005, 10:05 AM) Quoted post

11 Wins - 12 Losses.

[/b][/quote]

We've lost many more games than we should of since 2000.
                              [/b][/quote]
                              I just don't agree with that argument. How do you decide what games we should or shouldn't win? Should we have won against Philadelphi in 2001? Should we have beat Seattle 3 times last year?

I understand that you all hate Martz. I see why. He pisses me off. But you can't argue that he hasn't won. Even at his worst he hovers around .500. His worst season here was 7-9.

Comment

Working...
                              X