Abraham Nunez so far...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abraham Nunez so far...

I'm happy thus far. No defensive lapses yet, and even a very good play with the 5-3 double play on Tuesday. At the plate, I can only think of 1 or 2 at-bats where he's looked bad. Though not hitting for power, he's been getting on base (and scoring).

All in all, kind of what we saw during the regular season from him. I'm happy so far (though I'll always wonder 'what if').

Thoughts?
    Official Sponsor: Tyler Hansbrough and the North Carolina Tar Heels

He's been exceptional as a fill-in....seemed to have tailed off the last month of the season, or so, yet has hung in there w/ the glove (which isn't easy to do when the bat goes south)....

I think it all has to do w/ Lois....

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
    Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
    -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

It's not terribly difficult for Nunez to replace Rolen's post-season production seeing how Rolen's career post-season production for the Cards has been non-existent.

Comment

QUOTE(Iowa_Card @ Oct 10 2005, 07:10 AM) Quoted post

It's not terribly difficult for Nunez to replace Rolen's post-season production seeing how Rolen's career post-season production for the Cards has been non-existent.
        [/b][/quote]

http://www.onlinesports.com/pages/I,PHF-AAGM123-37.html

Scott Rolen "Hitting a Home Run in Game 7 of the 2004 NLCS" Double Matted 8" X 10" Photograph Black Anodized Aluminum Frame
        Item Number:
        PHF-AAGM123-37

Our Price: $40.00

Comment

QUOTE(Stan_Papi @ Oct 10 2005, 08:36 AM) Quoted post

QUOTE(Iowa_Card @ Oct 10 2005, 07:10 AM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

http://www.onlinesports.com/pages/I,PHF-AAGM123-37.html

Scott Rolen "Hitting a Home Run in Game 7 of the 2004 NLCS" Double Matted 8" X 10" Photograph Black Anodized Aluminum Frame
          Item Number:
          PHF-AAGM123-37

Our Price: $40.00

[/b][/quote]

Rolen did great in the NLCS. I'll give him that. He was non-existent with the bat in the NLDS and WS, though.

Comment

QUOTE(Iowa_Card @ Oct 10 2005, 08:41 AM) Quoted post

Rolen did great in the NLCS. I'll give him that. He was non-existent with the bat in the NLDS and WS, though.
            [/b][/quote]

Absolutely - and you're right - if we get to the World Series, it shouldn't be difficult to get more production our of the 3rd base position than we got last year, no matter who we start there.

Comment

Still a step down in defense, though.

Comment

QUOTE(backstop @ Oct 10 2005, 08:47 AM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

Of course. However, some of that can be minimized by Tony positioning Nunez correctly, which he does.

Comment

He's a step down from Rolen, no doubt, but I can't remember a play that he didn't make that I said, "Damn, Rolen would have had that."
                  Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

Comment

QUOTE(backstop @ Oct 10 2005, 08:47 AM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

That's true - and as bad as Rolen was offensively when he came back this year after the all-star break, he did make a couple critical defensive plays in that sweep against Houston that probably don't get made by somebody else.

Comment

QUOTE(*007* @ Oct 9 2005, 11:59 PM) Quoted post

He's been exceptional as a fill-in....seemed to have tailed off the last month of the season, or so, yet has hung in there w/ the glove (which isn't easy to do when the bat goes south)....

I think it all has to do w/ Lois....
                      [/b][/quote]
                      Well I try..... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img]

But really he has been surprisingly good as a fill-in for Rolen. It has to be hard to come in after the season has already started and know that you are expected to fill the shoes of someone like Rolen. How many gold-gloves does Rolen have now? I'd say Nunez has done a good job.
                      Official Lounge Sponsor of Kentucky - The Bluegrass State
                      Proud Sponsor of Kirkwood Athletic Associations's Gameface #5 DK
                      Official Sponsor of the Lounge Badgers #13 Guppy
                      Official Lounge Sponsor of the Rams # 81 Torry Holt
                      NOW Sponsoring St. Louis Cardinals #3 Abraham Nunez
                      LET'S GO CARDINALS!!!!! \"IPB

"From there to here, from here to there, funny things are everywhere..."

formerly aka Lois Lane - Going back to my hillbilly roots!

Comment

We should have gotten Adam Dunn to play third.

Stupid Walt.
                        "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."
                        --Albert Einstein

Comment

What about Larry? He hasn't had a very hot bat this October... Anyone thinking of giving So a shot?
                          Billikens.com

Comment

QUOTE(SluSignGuy @ Oct 10 2005, 12:42 PM) Quoted post

What about Larry? He hasn't had a very hot bat this October... Anyone thinking of giving So a shot?
                            [/b][/quote]
                            You're kidding, right?

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
                            Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
                            -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

QUOTE(*007* @ Oct 10 2005, 11:43 AM) Quoted post

QUOTE(SluSignGuy @ Oct 10 2005, 12:42 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]
                              You're kidding, right?
                              [/b][/quote]

:shrug:

Larry is 0-9, with 5 Strike Outs
                              Billikens.com

Comment

Working...
                              X