Hey Bombay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Bombay

Did you ever think Spankee fans would see their season hinge on Shaun Chacon?

I still agree we could have used this guy.
    And, frankly, it has never occured to me that "winning" a debate is important, or that I should be hurt when someone like Airshark or kah, among others (for whom winning a pseudo debate or declaring intellectual superiority over invisible others is obviously very important) ridicule me.

-The Artist formerly known as King in KC

Speaking of Chacon...are they going to get this game in tonite? I've heard that MLB might move the start of the ALCS to Wednesday since yesterday's game was rained out (assuming the series goes five, the series winner will end up flying to LAA tonite, play Monday and then on to CWS for Tuesday's start)

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
    Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
    -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

Bond,

Doppler Radar shows the rain moving out of NY.

Angels should wrap it up tonight.
      And, frankly, it has never occured to me that "winning" a debate is important, or that I should be hurt when someone like Airshark or kah, among others (for whom winning a pseudo debate or declaring intellectual superiority over invisible others is obviously very important) ridicule me.

Comment

QUOTE(Damtoft @ Oct 9 2005, 02:32 PM) Quoted post

Bond,

Doppler Radar shows the rain moving out of NY.

Angels should wrap it up tonight.
        [/b][/quote]
        Hope they play b/c neither of those teams deserve special treatment...

Comment

And yet one will very likely receive it.
          When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

Comment

Lackey gets the ball tonite b/c Washburn has a throat infection....

Comment

QUOTE(Damtoft @ Oct 9 2005, 01:10 PM) Quoted post

Did you ever think Spankee fans would see their season hinge on Shaun Chacon?

I still agree we could have used this guy.
              [/b][/quote]

Hey John- I wish him well, although I can't stand the Skanks. It is ironic that with all of their big money pitchers, their season hinges on a $3 M guy they picked up off the scrap heap for two AA pitchers with 'live arms'.
              Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law ~

A.C.

Comment

Dumb question -- why Lackey and not Colon?

Comment

QUOTE(backstop @ Oct 9 2005, 06:28 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

Colon's back has bothered him for about a month, and that was a factor in the decision to have him return to California.

"He'll be fresher and rested for Game 5 if we need to go that route," Scioscia said. "He's much better off in the slot we have him."[/b][/quote]

Comment

Much obliged.

Comment

QUOTE(*007* @ Oct 9 2005, 06:35 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

Colon's back has bothered him for about a month, and that was a factor in the decision to have him return to California.

"He'll be fresher and rested for Game 5 if we need to go that route," Scioscia said. "He's much better off in the slot we have him."[/b][/quote]
                      [/b][/quote]

Contrast that statement to what TLR said about naming a Game 4 starter. TLR wouldn't name a Game 4 starter because he believed he wouldn't need one. Not picking on anyone, just different philosophies.
                      Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

Comment

QUOTE(ElviswasaBluesFan @ Oct 9 2005, 08:36 PM) Quoted post

QUOTE(*007* @ Oct 9 2005, 06:35 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

Contrast that statement to what TLR said about naming a Game 4 starter. TLR wouldn't name a Game 4 starter because he believed he wouldn't need one. Not picking on anyone, just different philosophies.
                        [/b][/quote]
                        Not a fair analogy.

The manager knows his pitcher better than we do.

Plus, the Angels didn't lose tonight because of starting pitching.

If Colon pitches a shutout tomorrow night, Scioscia will look like a genius.

Comment

Scioscia didn't lose the game for them tonight. Nothing he did cost the team. Sometimes, the close plays go the other way.

Never seen a closer play than that tag at home on Posada.

Comment

QUOTE(Damtoft @ Oct 10 2005, 12:42 AM) Quoted post

Scioscia didn't lose the game for them tonight. Nothing he did cost the team.
                            [/b][/quote]

How about continuing to play Finley while Kotchman rots on the bench?

Comment

QUOTE(kconn @ Oct 10 2005, 08:09 AM) Quoted post

QUOTE(Damtoft @ Oct 10 2005, 12:42 AM) Quoted post

Scioscia didn't lose the game for them tonight. Nothing he did cost the team.
                              [/b][/quote]

How about continuing to play Finley while Kotchman rots on the bench?
                              [/b][/quote]

Getting Erstad out of the lineup, or at least into CF where he has some value, would also be nice...

Comment

Working...
                              X