good to see all the morris haters out and about

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• good to see all the morris haters out and about

should it surprise anyone that the matt morris haters are no where to be found this morning?
    Roy Mueller

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."

- Walt Disney

QUOTE(billiken_roy @ Oct 9 2005, 07:31 AM) Quoted post

should it surprise anyone that the matt morris haters are no where to be found this morning?
    [/b][/quote]

Um, all the Morris haters are still in bed. It was a very late game there Einstein. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/unsure.gif[/img]
    RIP Stan the Man
    The StL Blues will NEVER win the Stanley Cup. I repeat, NEVER!
    I miss TLR!

Comment

I watched. I'm up. I hate him. Wanna make something of it?

Comment

To those who doubted Morris's ability to give a quality start againt the Padres: That's why Tony LaRussa is manager and you aren't.

A similar message should be given to those who swore that the Cardinals were doomed when they passed on 100 year old Randy Johnson last spring: That's why Walt Jocketty is GM and you aren't.
        Norman Chad, syndicated columnist: “Sports radio, reflecting our sinking culture, spends entire days advising managers and coaches, berating managers and coaches, firing managers and coaches and searching the countryside for better middle relievers. If they just redirected their energy toward, say, crosswalk-signal maintenance, America would be 2 percent more livable.”

"The best argument against democracy," someone (Churchill?) said, "is a five minute conversation with the average voter."

Comment

QUOTE(nick2 @ Oct 9 2005, 09:06 AM) Quoted post

To those who doubted Morris's ability to give a quality start againt the Padres: That's why Tony LaRussa is manager and you aren't.

A similar message should be given to those who swore that the Cardinals were doomed when they passed on 100 year old Randy Johnson last spring: That's why Walt Jocketty is GM and you aren't.
          [/b][/quote]

Bulshit.

Hindesight or not, Suppan should still have made last nights start. The whole problem with Morris was his inconsistencey. Last night, he was good, but there was an equally good chance he wood pitch poorly. Just because Tony's a hall of famer doesn't mean he doesn't make mistakes. Does this mean that when he chose to start Morris on three days rest in the World Series last year that all of that called it a mistake should then be managers?

Comment

QUOTE(Celtic @ Oct 9 2005, 08:05 AM) Quoted post

I watched. I'm up. I hate him. Wanna make something of it?
            [/b][/quote]
            [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]

I'm here, too.

Still not a fan although he pitched one heck of a game last evening. Regardless of whether it was against SD's porous offense, he pitched well and should be applauded.

Fact is, though, I have more confidence in Kah than I do Morris. He's the tail wagging that dog. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img]
            "Let me lay it right on the line. Bigotry and racism are among the deadliest social ills plaguing the world today. The only way to destroy them is to expose them. If man is ever to be worthy of his destiny, we must fill our hearts with tolerance.- Stan Lee (circa 1968)

"Compete less with the person in front of you than the person inside of you." - Anonymous

Comment

Let's see how he fares this week and the next week.

Comment

Morris SUCKS!!!

and he will prove it this post season.
                Official Lounge Sponsor of:
                Brett Hull & St. Patricks Day

Comment

QUOTE(Jonas @ Oct 9 2005, 10:18 AM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

Bulshit.

Hindesight or not, Suppan should still have made last nights start. The whole problem with Morris was his inconsistencey. Last night, he was good, but there was an equally good chance he wood pitch poorly. Just because Tony's a hall of famer doesn't mean he doesn't make mistakes. Does this mean that when he chose to start Morris on three days rest in the World Series last year that all of that called it a mistake should then be managers?
                  [/b][/quote]

He was pitching in a park that favors him against a team he has good numbers against. It was a good decision to start him last night based on stats and numbers. The way he pitched proved it. I just wish we could of gotten Suppan or Marquis some work.

Comment

QUOTE(ItsOnlyTheRiver @ Oct 9 2005, 10:27 AM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

Bulshit.

[/b][/quote]

He was pitching in a park that favors him against a team he has good numbers against. It was a good decision to start him last night based on stats and numbers. The way he pitched proved it. I just wish we could of gotten Suppan or Marquis some work.
                    [/b][/quote]

++
                    it was S.D., IN S.D.
                    and his loyal dad Tony made sure that is where he pitched. You think he gets that same start in Houston?
                    Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

Comment

QUOTE(GreatestShow99 @ Oct 9 2005, 09:23 AM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

For the sake of you and your Astros, I'm sure your hoping for a poor performance.

Comment

For the record, it's obviously awful that Morris pitched well.

The perfect scenario would have been for him to get lit up.
                        Official Lounge Sponsor of:
                        MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
                        The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

QUOTE(GreatestShow99 @ Oct 9 2005, 10:23 AM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

You should be much more concerned with the bullpen in general, and Isringthausen in particular, than Morris.
                          Norman Chad, syndicated columnist: “Sports radio, reflecting our sinking culture, spends entire days advising managers and coaches, berating managers and coaches, firing managers and coaches and searching the countryside for better middle relievers. If they just redirected their energy toward, say, crosswalk-signal maintenance, America would be 2 percent more livable.”

"The best argument against democracy," someone (Churchill?) said, "is a five minute conversation with the average voter."

Comment

QUOTE(ItsOnlyTheRiver @ Oct 9 2005, 09:27 AM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

Bulshit.

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

How can you say that? Morris hasn't been the same pitcher this second half. Saying what he did 4 months ago is a complete bullshit reason to start him. I applaud Morris for going out there and pitching well, but the point remains he could very easily go pitch 3 innings and give up 6 runs in his next start. He has had zero consistency since the All-Star break. I'm not trying to belabor the point, it's just bullshit that these other posters are calling out Morris haters. It has nothing to do with hating Morris and everything to do with wanting the team to win. It also doesn't make LaRussa a genious because if it hadn't worked it wouldn't have made him a horrible manager either.

Comment

QUOTE(nick2 @ Oct 9 2005, 10:39 AM) Quoted post

QUOTE(GreatestShow99 @ Oct 9 2005, 10:23 AM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

You should be much more concerned with the bullpen in general, and Isringthausen in particular, than Morris.
                              [/b][/quote]

Agreed. Ppl may say, "well, the only thing that matters is that we won". I call BS. The Cards should buy the San Diego Padres a gift this Christmas, because the Cards got exposed in this series.

Comment

Working...
                              X