What did ya'll do...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What did ya'll do...

10 pm Central?..Holy Crap!...I thought only the Astros got shit on that way.
    I doubt if I can stay up to see the Cards clinch,as I have to get up early to make the noon game at Minute Maid Sunday (150 miles away).

Dumbass Selig

Selig is paying us back for beating the Brewers in the '82 World Series.
    RIP Chris Jones 1971-2009
    You'll never be forgotten.

Comment

St Louis is not Boston or New York, that is why
      Sponsor of:
      Brian Elliott
      Kolten Wong & the arch in the outfield grass at Busch Stadium
      5-29-14-House77 turns down offer of free beer from me

Comment

QUOTE(Argon @ Oct 8 2005, 06:26 PM) Quoted post

10 pm Central?..Holy Crap!...I thought only the Astros got shit on that way.
        I doubt if I can stay up to see the Cards clinch,as I have to get up early to make the noon game at Minute Maid Sunday (150 miles away).

Dumbass Selig
        [/b][/quote]

IMO, if it had been the Dodgers or Giants, this game would have been earlier. Only the hardcore care about the Padres.
        Make America Great For Once.

Comment

QUOTE(Guppy @ Oct 8 2005, 04:28 PM) Quoted post

St Louis is not Boston or New York, that is why
          [/b][/quote]

OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF INDEPENDENT MUSIC
          OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF YOUR 2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!!!
          OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF WACHA WACHA WACHA
          OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF PICKS AND PROSPECTS FOR THE OAKLAND ATHLETICS

Comment

Good Luck to the Astros.

Our gametime is only bad for us. The boys on our side have been able to rest and things so I am okay for them. Selig remains an idiot in my mind though. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img]
            Sometimes elections have positive consequences!

Comment

Two small markets involved.

StL and SD

That's why.
              And, frankly, it has never occured to me that "winning" a debate is important, or that I should be hurt when someone like Airshark or kah, among others (for whom winning a pseudo debate or declaring intellectual superiority over invisible others is obviously very important) ridicule me.

-The Artist formerly known as King in KC

Comment

QUOTE(Damtoft @ Oct 8 2005, 06:34 PM) Quoted post

Two small markets involved.

StL and SD

That's why.
                [/b][/quote]

At the very least, the two smallest of all the post-season entrants...

I always wonder, though, why only the local St. Louis market is taken into consideration in an instance like this...I thinks it's well known, at least to those of us here, that Cardinal Nation spans a large chunk of the midwest...and given that these games are nationally televised, I wouldn't be surprised if they compared favorably to the rest of the NLDS games...

OTOH, I'm probably dead wrong, and the NYY-LAA and BOS-CHW series' probably are beating the hell out of them...

Oh well...at least it's a Saturday night...if it were a weeknight, I'd be howling mad (even though I'd be up until the last out was recorded)...
                " Look, forget the myths the media's created about the White House--the truth is, these are not very bright guys, and things got out of hand."

Comment

they will die if my dream matchup comes true: Angels and Cards

Comment

Houstons' Market is not tiny...most in Texas are Astro fans ,except for a few Rangers fans in Dallas...The Rangers never really caught on outside of DFW.

Houston has a BIG following in one of the biggest boomtowns around,the greater Austin area.Our AAA team is there (Round Rock)...then throw in AA Corpus Christi and your including San Antonio,another major city..Louisiana is also Astro territory.

Comment

It is not the fan base, it is the media base
                      Sponsor of:
                      Brian Elliott
                      Kolten Wong & the arch in the outfield grass at Busch Stadium
                      5-29-14-House77 turns down offer of free beer from me

Comment

QUOTE(Guppy @ Oct 8 2005, 07:06 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

Right, but I'm sure those fans that are outside of STL probably watch the game too...
                        " Look, forget the myths the media's created about the White House--the truth is, these are not very bright guys, and things got out of hand."

Comment

QUOTE(Guppy @ Oct 8 2005, 07:06 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]
                          I think you're right.

Comment

Ya'll wanna talk about no respect from FOX...on the awful pre-game crap,they use a blue Astro helmet in the background that's from the mid nineties.

Comment

QUOTE(Argon @ Oct 8 2005, 07:43 PM) Quoted post

Ya'll wanna talk about no respect from FOX...on the awful pre-game crap,they use a blue Astro helmet in the background that's from the mid nineties.
                              [/b][/quote]

I also noticed a red Rangers helmet back there.
                              RIP Chris Jones 1971-2009
                              You'll never be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                              X