GDT: Blues Vs. Sharks - 7:00 PM CDT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: Blues Vs. Sharks - 7:00 PM CDT

The St. Louis Blues and San Jose Sharks are still searching for win No. 1 as they meet for the first time since the 2004 playoffs.

The Blues have opened the new season with back-to-back losses to Detroit. The latest setback was a 4-3 loss in their home opener Thursday.

St. Louis is trying to look at the bright side of Thursday's game. The Blues scored twice in the final period and nearly rallied to tie the game in the closing seconds after being outscored 9-2 over the first five periods this season.

``We can build off the third period,'' Blues coach Mike Kitchen said. ``Our energy was much better in this game.''

Doug Weight had a goal and an assist for St. Louis, while defenseman Andy Roach scored his first career goal.

Goaltender Patrick Lalime, who was pulled in the opener, fell to 0-2 after allowing four goals on 27 shots. Lalime is 4-1 in his career against the Sharks.

San Jose eliminated St. Louis in five games in the 2004 Western Conference quarterfinals.

The Sharks have also dropped two straight to start the season on the heels of an unbeaten preseason. San Jose surrendered three goals in the first period of Friday's 6-3 setback in Chicago.

Josh Gorges made his debut with San Jose. The 21-year-old defenseman turned in some solid minutes in the preseason that impressed coach Ron Wilson.

Goaltender Vesa Toskala was pulled Friday after allowing four goals on 14 shots. Evgeni Nabokov, who Wilson indicated would start Saturday, finished up and logged the final 37 minutes.[/b][/quote]
    Official Lounge Sponsor of:
    Brett Hull & St. Patricks Day

Does anybody get the impression that Airshark is the kiss of death on the roadtrip? The Blues are guaranteed a victory if he's in Savvis Center. You guys need to get him nice and hammered to ease his suffering.

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

QUOTE(ksbluesfan @ Oct 8 2005, 09:15 AM) Quoted post

Does anybody get the impression that Airshark is the kiss of death on the roadtrip? The Blues are guaranteed a victory if he's in Savvis Center. You guys need to get him nice and hammered to ease his suffering.

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]
      [/b][/quote]

That is the plan.

Comment

Just remember, if you need bail money let us know.

Comment

QUOTE(pgrote @ Oct 8 2005, 09:59 AM) Quoted post

Just remember, if you need bail money let us know.
          [/b][/quote]

We'll just use the Cartel CC for a cash advance...

Comment

Blues 5, San Jose 3

Goals:
            Blues: Cajanek, Weinrich, Roach, Young, Brewer
            San Jose: Dimitrakos, Ekman, Preissing

Fights:
            none

* If Cotton Eyed Joe is in the lineup tonight, don't rule out SteveI throwing down......... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img]
            TP sponsor of Everton FC, Colorado Rapids, #5 Barrett Jackman, #2 Luke Schenn, #85 Greg Jennings, #25 Jim Thome, #19 Carl Gettis, #16 Greg Biffle, #31 Mark Hamilton, and the Wisconsin Badgers

Comment

SJ is 0-2 on Airshark's roadie. Let's spoil it even more for him!
              Official 2014-15 Lounge Sponsor of Jori Lehterä
              "He'll Finnish You Off"

Comment

I watched both of the Blues fine games against the still ass kickin Red Wings, I am not too sure the Shark isn't gonna get to see a Sharks win.
                Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

Comment

The Blues actually looked decent at the home opener.

Comment

Sharks 3 Blues 0

The game will go about like this:

... Sturm on a shg

... Clowe on a ppg

... Cheechoo gets loose on a breakaway for the Sharks 3rd goal.

...then First Period Intermission. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img]

The computerized scoreboard crashes. The announcer makes an announcement, "Is there a computer expert in the house?"

A tall, dark stranger in a Sharks sweater walks into the control room.

"I need a roll of duct tape, a Gameboy, and a Phillips screwdriver. Oh yeah, and keep this beer cup filled."

Second period starts on time.
                    "I am for truth no matter who says it. I am for justice no matter who it is for or against."...Malcom X

Comment

Blues get their 1st win and ruin Airsharks road trip.

Comment

I'll be there... any pregame plans yet??

Official Lounge sponsor of Chris Pronger & Alex Pietrangelo

Comment

QUOTE(Prngr44 @ Oct 8 2005, 12:45 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

So far, it sounds like behind me and Guppy's work building at 5pm (or before).....the location is 210 N. Tucker (between Olive and Pine)........we have tailgated there in the past.......
                          TP sponsor of Everton FC, Colorado Rapids, #5 Barrett Jackman, #2 Luke Schenn, #85 Greg Jennings, #25 Jim Thome, #19 Carl Gettis, #16 Greg Biffle, #31 Mark Hamilton, and the Wisconsin Badgers

Comment

Blues continue their campaign towards having the #1 overall pick next Spring

Sharks 4 Blues 1
                            Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

QUOTE(kmeyer @ Oct 8 2005, 12:51 PM) Quoted post

QUOTE(Prngr44 @ Oct 8 2005, 12:45 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

So far, it sounds like behind me and Guppy's work building at 5pm (or before).....the location is 210 N. Tucker (between Olive and Pine)........we have tailgated there in the past.......
                              [/b][/quote]
                              We'll all be up there around 3...

Official Lounge Sponsor of Lou Brock (really) and Ryan Franklin (really)*

* Payment processing. It will be official soon.

Comment

Working...
                              X