X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Ken Wilson update from Hawaii

He still sucks....

Extra cheese?

Former Blues announcer Ken Wilson, who was ousted by the team after the 2003-04 season after 20 years of service, plans to enter the pizza business in Hawaii. And he has even bigger long-range hopes.

Wilson was a news reporter for a Honolulu television station for a year, but has left to turn his attention to opening a restaurant.

"It took 10 months to find a retail spot near our home here, but we finally found a great spot and we'll be opening Mama's Island Pizza either at the end of this year or the very beginning of 2006," Wilson said from Hawaii. "I began my research on the pizza restaurant in 2003, gaining much info from Jan and Shelly Fortel at Fortel's Pizza Den" in St. Louis.

And Wilson still has his sights set on running for the governor's job in Hawaii.

"I gained valuable insight into Hawaii politics as a TV reporter," he said. "The idea of running for governor in 2010 remains a possibility."[/b][/quote]

Read all aboot'it: Dan Caesar takes KSLG to task for it's LDS coverage

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
    Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
    -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

OMFG.

If he's getting pizza advice from Fortel's, the place will suck.

Official Lounge Sponsor of Lou Brock (really) and Ryan Franklin (really)*

* Payment processing. It will be official soon.

Comment

I was kinda hoping it would be named "Oh, Baby! Pizzeria" with a Wilson caricature dressed in a big chef's hat and a thick moustache.
      RIP Chris Jones 1971-2009
      You'll never be forgotten.

Comment

He was great, his show was great, and his personal insights he put into the show were great.

Good luck Ken.

(but go with NY style pizza)
        Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

Comment

QUOTE(JWB @ Oct 8 2005, 12:29 AM) Quoted post

I was kinda hoping it would be named "Oh, Baby! Pizzeria" with a Wilson caricature dressed in a big chef's hat and a thick moustache.
          [/b][/quote]

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]

I almost posted the same thing about the name idea...

Wonder if pineapple is a favorite topping there?

Probably fitting that he gets involved in a business with high cheese content...

"Oh Baby! You think I'm cheesy? You should taste my shitty Fortel's knock-off pizza...Luckily for me, we're 6,000 miles from the mainland, and I could serve this crap on cardboard and still make money..."
          " Look, forget the myths the media's created about the White House--the truth is, these are not very bright guys, and things got out of hand."

Comment

Priceless.

However, "Zubov for Dallas, both teams changing. Turgeon INTERCEPTS! Turgeon a SHOT!!!!! HE SCORES!!!! OH BABY Pierre Turgeon!!! And is this not a wonderful moment... 5:52 of overtime, the Blues again win in overtime! Back to back games here at KIEL the Blues defeat Dallas 3-2 in overtime, and they tie this series at two wins aside!"

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wub.gif[/img]
            Official 2014-15 Lounge Sponsor of Jori Lehterä
            "He'll Finnish You Off"

Comment

I'll take "Oh, baby!" over "Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" any day of the week.

Although I really have no idea if Kelly is doing that for the Blues.

Comment

That is so bizarre. I was coming over to post that.

Governor Wilson? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/huh.gif[/img]
                Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

QUOTE(steveInebriated @ Oct 8 2005, 02:28 AM) Quoted post

OMFG.

If he's getting pizza advice from Fortel's, the place will suck.
                  [/b][/quote]
                  I just hope he doesn't have Shelly Fortel do his radio spots. That chick's voice could peel paint of the wall, it's so abrasive. We went to the Fortels in O'Fallon, MO a couple of years ago and it sucked. We haven't been back since.

Comment

Fortel's has good pizza.
                    When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

Comment

QUOTE(WinstonSmith @ Oct 8 2005, 09:21 AM) Quoted post

Fortel's has good pizza.
                      [/b][/quote]

Meaning overpriced, trendy, crappy pizza for the sainted soccer Mom's of Kirkwood.

Comment

QUOTE(Celtic @ Oct 8 2005, 09:26 AM) Quoted post

Fortel's has good pizza.
                        [/b][/quote]

Meaning overpriced, trendy, crappy pizza for the sainted soccer Mom's of Kirkwood.
                        [/b][/quote]

That's exactly what I meant.

Its cheaper than Imos, I have no idea how whether its "trendy" or not. I actually buy things and eat things that I enjoy, regardless of what everyone else is doing.
                        When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

Comment

QUOTE(WinstonSmith @ Oct 8 2005, 09:28 AM) Quoted post

Fortel's has good pizza.
                          [/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

Its cheaper than Imos, I have no idea how whether its "trendy" or not. I actually buy things and eat things that I enjoy, regardless of what everyone else is doing.
                          [/b][/quote]

Let's remember the place started for the sainted soccer mom's of Affton.

Fortels is good.
                          Are you on the list?

Comment

QUOTE(SLUBLUE @ Oct 8 2005, 09:58 AM) Quoted post

QUOTE(WinstonSmith @ Oct 8 2005, 09:28 AM) Quoted post

Fortel's has good pizza.
                            [/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

Let's remember the place started for the sainted soccer mom's of Affton.

Fortels is good.
                            [/b][/quote]

I forgot Affton. Guess I'm more into rehabbing than urban sprawl.

Comment

Fortels = good

Ken Wilson sucks
                              "Need some wood?" -- George W. Bush, October 8, 2004

"Historians will judge if this war is just, not your punk ass." -- Dave Glover, December 8, 2004

Comment

Working...
                              X