Tuesday GDT: Cards vs. Brewers (7:10, FSN)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CD
    • Feb 2004

Tuesday GDT: Cards vs. Brewers (7:10, FSN)

So how will Jason Marquis do?

Other games of note:
    Schilling's Red Sox debut at Baltimore.
    The world champion Marlins raising their banner before playing the Expos.
    Bonds one homer away from tying Willie Mays in Houston on ESPN2 (7:05, ESPN2).
  • kaiser
    • Feb 2004

Is it true that Luna and Taguchi are starting tonight?
    I'm always right.

Comment

• lazydaze
      • Feb 2004

Thats what reg says. Hope its true, I thnk tony should showcase all our options.
      For real, I am interested to see those two play. Sparrow is mighty high on Luna. I have notn really seen him.

I have high expectations for marquis. Hopefully not unrealistic.

Just throwing numbers around, I am thinking 6-7 innings 2 runs, 5 hits, 1 BB.
      Un-Official Sponsor of Randy Choate and Kevin Siegrist

Comment

• Cubs4ever
        • Feb 2004

Just throwing numbers around, I am thinking 6-7 innings 2 runs, 5 hits, 1 BB.

Barring another Podsednick outburst, that could happen.

Doug Davis might just throw slow enough get through the lineup alive a couple times.
        Lounge sponsor of Gary Brackett, Reggie Wayne, Henrik Zetterberg (not lounge approved) and all country music.

Comment

• cardinalgirl
          • Feb 2004

I can't wait to see Marquis tonight.

Is woody still sposed to pitch tomorrow?
          Sometimes elections have positive consequences!

Comment

• WinstonSmith
            • Feb 2004

This is competing with 24.

Thank God For TiVo.
            When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

Comment

• Cubs4ever
              • Feb 2004

Originally posted by WinstonSmith@Apr 6 2004, 09:52 AM
              This is competing with 24.

Thank God For TiVo.
              or just a regular VCR could do it...
              Lounge sponsor of Gary Brackett, Reggie Wayne, Henrik Zetterberg (not lounge approved) and all country music.

Comment

• WinstonSmith
                • Feb 2004

Actually, it couldn't. But, thanks for playing Cubbie.

Since you asked, here's what I plan to do: Watch Cards from 7-8. Watch 24 from 8-9. While 24 is on commercial I will watch the Cards game, while 24 is airing (not commercials) I will watch 24 and PAUSE the Cards game. Then, during 24 comms, I'll watch the Cards.

If I switch back to 24 late, and its started again, I can simply rewind it.

You can't do that with a VCR.
                When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

Comment

• Cubs4ever
                  • Feb 2004

Originally posted by WinstonSmith@Apr 6 2004, 09:58 AM

Since you asked, here's what I plan to do: Watch Cards from 7-8. Watch 24 from 8-9. While 24 is on commercial I will watch the Cards game, while 24 is airing (not commercials) I will watch 24 and PAUSE the Cards game. Then, during 24 comms, I'll watch the Cards.

can't PAUSE, but recording one while watching the other is quite easy, as is flipping between the 2 and recording one.

Comment

• jhuegy
                    • Feb 2004

Originally posted by WinstonSmith@Apr 6 2004, 09:58 AM

How about tape 24, watch the Cards, then when game is over or at your convenience watch 24 and fast forward commercials? Some of us don't understand or want this new technology.
                    RIP Stan the Man
                    The StL Blues will NEVER win the Stanley Cup. I repeat, NEVER!
                    I miss TLR!

Comment

• Cubs4ever
                      • Feb 2004

huegy's on board

Comment

• WinstonSmith
                        • Feb 2004

I get the feeling that I'm watching both at the same time doing it this way.

Plus, I get done with both earlier and I can FF through the ridiculous commericals during the baseball games, what with the ever-constant pitching changes.

Comment

• jhuegy
                          • Feb 2004

Oh my God, a cub fan agrees with me!
                          RIP Stan the Man
                          The StL Blues will NEVER win the Stanley Cup. I repeat, NEVER!
                          I miss TLR!

Comment

• WinstonSmith
                            • Feb 2004

Oh, and to support Reggie's comment....

I heard on the radio this morning that Luna and So would be playing.

Comment

• Cubs4ever
                              • Feb 2004

Originally posted by WinstonSmith@Apr 6 2004, 10:03 AM
                              I get the feeling that I'm watching both at the same time doing it this way.

Plus, I get done with both earlier and I can FF through the ridiculous commericals during the baseball games, what with the ever-constant pitching changes.
                              that is when you think about the situation, and decide who you can blame/praise the next day here.

TiVo does save time, but the old ways aren't dead yet.

Comment

Working...
                              X