Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mulder update

Greetings from San Diego...

La Russa says Mulder is "very sore" after being struck with the Randa line drive and they're not sure when he can throw off a mound again.

Mulder wasn't going to be the Game 5 starter, anyway.

But assuming the Cardinals can win another game from the Padres, what's next for Mulder?

La Russa made it sound as if they anticipate Mulder can go in the NLCS, but how soon, and what game? That is the question. La Russa said the soreness is expected and that the first 24-48 hours were the worst. Then the swelling will subside.

The Cardinals don't seem freaked out by this -- but we can't assume Mulder would be ready for Game 2 of the NLCS, either. If not, maybe starts Game 3 or 4.

Also, La Russa still declining to name a Game 4 starter if needed. It will be Marquis or Suppan. The smart money is on Marquis.

--B
    [/b][/quote]

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
    Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
    -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

I would start Suppan in game 4 if needed.
    Official Lounge Sponsor of:
    Brett Hull & St. Patricks Day

Comment

Looks like we just got another one of our annual injuries.
      When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

Comment

QUOTE(WinstonSmith @ Oct 7 2005, 05:42 PM) Quoted post

Looks like we just got another one of our annual injuries.
        [/b][/quote]
        That was Al Reyes...

Comment

...or Scott Rolen.

When did Suppan become dog meat all of a sudden? What has he done wrong?
          "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."
          --Albert Einstein

Comment

Actually, the decision for Game 4 should include Morris - there is no way he should start tomorrow.

I hope I'm wrong on this one.
            Official sponsor of: Pepsi Zero Sugar and Jordan Almonds.

Comment

Another Pressbox credit. I think that makes a couple dozen this month.

It always amuses me when "the Bernwhale" gets quoted here, considering he and Mike Smith banned about 40 of you people.

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img]

Comment

QUOTE(The Skeptic @ Oct 7 2005, 06:10 PM) Quoted post

Another Pressbox credit. I think that makes a couple dozen this month.

It always amuses me when "the Bernwhale" gets quoted here, considering he and Mike Smith banned about 40 of you people.

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img]
                [/b][/quote]

Why wouldn't people quote him when he gives sometimes valuable information on his sight?

Comment

Why wouldn't people quote him when he gives sometimes valuable information on his sight?[/b][/quote]

Exactly.

Comment

Game 2 of the NLCS is six days from now. If you want to bump Mulder to Game 3, you get two more days of rest, which puts to Oct. 15, eight days from now.

Seems like enough time for his swelling to go down, doesn't it?
                    Official sponsor of the St. Louis Cardinals

"This is a heavyweight bout indeed."--John Rooney, Oct. 27, 2011

Comment

QUOTE(kennyboyerfan @ Oct 7 2005, 06:17 PM) Quoted post

...or Scott Rolen.

[/b][/quote]
                      No idea. It doesn't make any sense.

Comment

Why am I singled out as a Bernie-hater? I don't hate the player, just the game.

Moon

Comment

QUOTE(Moon Man @ Oct 8 2005, 08:46 AM) Quoted post

Why am I singled out as a Bernie-hater? I don't hate the player, just the game.

Moon
                          [/b][/quote]
                          I only single you out b/c you have the best rants on the 'game'...

Comment

QUOTE(kennyboyerfan @ Oct 7 2005, 06:17 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]
                            This is typical TLR. He sticks with his guys even though in this case the best was several years ago. How many games did King need to blow before he went to Flores? We still don't know because of the unfortunate situation with Ray's father.

Suppan was the team's best starter down the stretch and appears much more able to handle pressure than Morris and especially Marquis. JJ.

Comment

plus Supp always wins after a Cardinal loss.
                              Sometimes elections have positive consequences!

Comment

Working...
                              X