D-i-v-o-r-c-e

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D-i-v-o-r-c-e

It's come to my attention that at least half the couples we know (over the course of the past 10 years or so) are either divorced or have such shitty marriages that they ought to be divorced. (Was just informed of another.)

Is this everyone's experience, or is this just a reflection on the type of people I hang out with?

Isn't the divorce rate somewhere in the general neighborhood of 50 percent?

Not everybody can have the exciting, fruitful, traveling-to-Zanesville-for-some-anonymous-friend's-wedding-during-a-playoff-game marriage that you enjoy, you know.

Comment

Do you know why getting a divorce is so expensive?

It's worth it.

Comment

QUOTE(backstop @ Oct 7 2005, 06:05 PM) Quoted post

Isn't the divorce rate somewhere in the general neighborhood of 50 percent?
        [/b][/quote]

Only the lucky ones. The other ones stay married.
        But wait. There is something that can be done afterall. My good friend Angelo is a cop in the Tampa/Clearwater area. Since I kept all of the files from the access logs when I had the power to see them, guess what, I have everyone's IP addresses. Hmm..what can I do w/ those??

Comment

I guess that's true about the rate. What gets me is that time and again it's marriages that look absolutely rock-solid to the outside observer. Couples you'd never suspect, one after another....

Oh -- speaking of Ohio -- surprise birthday party tomorrow night we're supposed to go. Until I saw that the game's on KPLR as well as ESPN, I had to fight like hell just to be able to slip out at 9:45 to go catch the game somewhere, since these folks don't have cable.

Wimmen. Can't live with 'em, can't kill 'em.

Comment

QUOTE(210 @ Oct 7 2005, 05:07 PM) Quoted post

Do you know why getting a divorce is so expensive?

It's worth it.
            [/b][/quote]

My first wife paid for the divorce,wanted no alimony and I had to pay child support "when I was able to". In other words, piss them off so badly that they will do anything to get rid of you...
            I agree with Davhaf.....Kaiser March 9,2004

Official Lounge co-sponsor of Jason Motte.

Mick Jagger is in better shape than far too many NBA players. It's up in the air whether the same can be said of Keith Richards.

Bill Walton

Comment

Reggie, you might represent what I"m in for in the future.

Its hell, isn't it? I need to just shut it down while I still can.
              When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

Comment

Nah. I've never had a second thought about getting married. I didn't get laid before then, either.

There IS a time and place for everything, though. I sure as fuck didn't do it when I was 22 or anything freakin' crazy like that.

Comment

They need to understand that October needs to be cleared.
                  When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

Comment

True enough. After all these years, I still don't know why she doesn't quite grasp that rather obvious fact.

Other than the fact that she's a WOMAN, of course.

Comment

I told her I didn't want to go to these fucking weddings of her family and her family's friends.

"But you're going to part of the family."

They dont' get it.

Comment

I hear divorce parties are bigger than some bachelor/ette parties these days.
                        Sponsor of:
                        Brian Elliott
                        Kolten Wong & the arch in the outfield grass at Busch Stadium
                        5-29-14-House77 turns down offer of free beer from me

Comment

Look at the bright side: You don't have to go up and do any of that garter-catching shit anymore.

Comment

I never did that anyway. Too much trouble.

Comment

QUOTE(Reggie Cleveland @ Oct 7 2005, 05:04 PM) Quoted post

It's come to my attention that at least half the couples we know (over the course of the past 10 years or so) are either divorced or have such shitty marriages that they ought to be divorced. (Was just informed of another.)

Is this everyone's experience, or is this just a reflection on the type of people I hang out with?
                              [/b][/quote]

Per capita divorce rates 1990-2002:
                              1991, 0.47%
                              1992, 0.48%
                              1993, 0.46%
                              1994, 0.46%
                              1995, 0.46%
                              1995, 0.43%
                              1997, 0.43%,
                              1998, 0.42%,
                              1999, 0.41%,
                              2000, 0.41%,