Montague finds Hoffman's wallet - reward pulled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Montague finds Hoffman's wallet - reward pulled

He could have at least offered him a couple of tix to the San Diego Hall of Champions.

Umpire finds pitcher's wallet, but no reward
    Story Tools: Print Email
    Associated Press
    Posted: 2 hours ago

ST. LOUIS (AP) - Padres reliever Trevor Hoffman was going to offer a $100 reward to the man who found his wallet, then had second thoughts when he realized who it was.

"I thought it might look funny, giving money to an umpire," Hoffman said.
    Hoffman took a cab from the team hotel to Busch Stadium on Tuesday and left his wallet in the back seat.

Umpire Ed Montague later got into the same cab and recovered the wallet. Montague was waiting at the clubhouse door when Hoffman approached.

"He asked me for some identification and I couldn't understand why he would be doing that," Hoffman said Thursday.

When Montague handed the wallet over, Hoffman started to offer him a reward.

"I stopped short of doing it when I realized how it would look," Hoffman said.
    June 9, 1973 - The day athletic perfection was defined.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-Kva...eature=related

I don't think any amount of bribery would have helped the Pads yesterday.
    Official Lounge Sponsor of Kentucky - The Bluegrass State
    Proud Sponsor of Kirkwood Athletic Associations's Gameface #5 DK
    Official Sponsor of the Lounge Badgers #13 Guppy
    Official Lounge Sponsor of the Rams # 81 Torry Holt
    NOW Sponsoring St. Louis Cardinals #3 Abraham Nunez
    LET'S GO CARDINALS!!!!! \"IPB

"From there to here, from here to there, funny things are everywhere..."

formerly aka Lois Lane - Going back to my hillbilly roots!

Comment

QUOTE(tallahassee blues fan @ Oct 7 2005, 02:45 PM) Quoted post

"I thought it might look funny, giving money to an umpire," Hoffman said.
      [/b][/quote]

Smart boy.

This ain't Congress.
      Damn these electric sex pants!

26+31+34+42+44+46+64+67+82+06 = 10

Bring back the death penalty for corporations!

Comment

What's interesting is that Hoffman was actually going to skip the game to look for his wallet.

He correctly assumed his services wouldn' t be needed.
        Official Lounge Sponsor of:
        MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
        The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

I think it's interesting that we've all bought the "he found it by riding in the cab after Hoffman" story. Methinks this little incident has brought that oft-rumored Hoffman-Montague love affair into the light of day.
          June 9, 1973 - The day athletic perfection was defined.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-Kva...eature=related

Comment

QUOTE(tallahassee blues fan @ Oct 7 2005, 04:02 PM) Quoted post

I think it's interesting that we've all bought the "he found it by riding in the cab after Hoffman" story. Methinks this little incident has brought that oft-rumored Hoffman-Montague love affair into the light of day.
            [/b][/quote]

Headline to read "Montague finds wallet in own anus, Hoffman bad tipper"
            Official Lounge Sponsor of:
            MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
            The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

Working...
            X