Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• motivated by chipotle...what restaurants/eateries do you want in the lou

I'd like a:

1. Yellow Sub (though I think Planet sub might have some affiliation).
    2. A smith and Wollensky's.
    3. A decent cheesesteak.

that's bout it.
    Are you on the list?

Jason's Deli

Daily News, Too
    Sponsor of Adam Wainwright
    Sponsor of the $0.50 any-size frozen coke at Mobil on the Run when the Cards score six
    There are 24 teams in baseball with a longer World Series drought than the St. Louis Cardinals.
    "I told myself from the beginning, 'If he's going to throw a shutout, then he's going to tie,' ... he was not going to beat me today." ---Adam Wainwright, 8/11/10
    "I was confused." ---Tim McCarver, 7/30/15

Comment

Red Moon.

Comment

Flaco's Tacos
        Burger Chef
        Sambo's
        Flaming Pit
        A&W

Moon

Comment

Krystal.

Comment

Regarding Chicago, 3 or 4 months ago I would have said Dairy Queen, but we have that now so I'm not sure anymore.
            Of course you do.

Comment

There is a Smith and Wollensky's in Columbus, I've never been, but I may end up there this weekend...what do you recommend?

As far as the cheesesteaks go...a true cheesesteak is all about the bread they use...all the "real" cheesesteak places in Philly use the same kind of bread, that I think is all from the same bakery/company...

There is some NBA player who is from Philly that I believe plays for the Spurs or the Mavs, unfortunately I can't remember who it is right now...and he has a cheesesteak restaurant in his city...and he has this bread company ship him rolls 3-4 times a week. Eddie George (originally from Philly) just opened up a restaurant on the Ohio State campus and has one in Nashville...and I've heard he started doing the same thing...
              You're being fucking dramatic. You own a TV and an air mattress. That's not exactly what I'd call "a lot to lose."

Comment

QUOTE(Moon Man @ Oct 7 2005, 03:40 PM) Quoted post

A&W
                [/b][/quote]

the other day coming home from the grocery store my mom yells out "LOOK!!!", i dart my head back expecting an accident or one about to happen, possibly with me in it. apparently that would have been obvious since she was just pointing out a brand new A&W joint down the street. she then talked my ear off about what they had and how she hadn't seen one in 20 yrs, and she doesn't even like root beer

Comment

QUOTE(ShortHop @ Oct 7 2005, 03:42 PM) Quoted post

Regarding Chicago, 3 or 4 months ago I would have said Dairy Queen, but we have that now so I'm not sure anymore.
                  [/b][/quote]

I never thought I'd stand in line for 20 minutes to get a damn Blizzard. Did you know there's a DQ hidden in a building at Adams and the river?

Comment

QUOTE(Nasty Nate @ Oct 7 2005, 03:43 PM) Quoted post

There is a Smith and Wollensky's in Columbus, I've never been, but I may end up there this weekend...what do you recommend?

As far as the cheesesteaks go...a true cheesesteak is all about the bread they use...all the "real" cheesesteak places in Philly use the same kind of bread, that I think is all from the same bakery/company...

There is some NBA player who is from Philly that I believe plays for the Spurs or the Mavs, unfortunately I can't remember who it is right now...and he has a cheesesteak restaurant in his city...and he has this bread company ship him rolls 3-4 times a week. Eddie George (originally from Philly) just opened up a restaurant on the Ohio State campus and has one in Nashville...and I've heard he started doing the same thing...
                    [/b][/quote]
                    you're thinking of Malik Rose from Philly, now in NYC, but an ex Spur. I've had his only once and its not like i could compare them to anything else since i've never had anything else. decent though

Comment

There is an AW here in stl its down off of Kingshighway.

Never been there so I couldn't tell ya if it is the same.

I love AW

Comment

I would love for there to be a Taco Bell in St. Louis.
                        Official Lounge Sponsor of:
                        MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
                        The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

QUOTE(backstop @ Oct 7 2005, 03:46 PM) Quoted post

QUOTE(ShortHop @ Oct 7 2005, 03:42 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

I never thought I'd stand in line for 20 minutes to get a damn Blizzard. Did you know there's a DQ hidden in a building at Adams and the river?
                          [/b][/quote]

My brother made a great observation - he was driving down Southport on the way to DQ and noticed that Australian Ice Cream, Stone Cold, and numerous little boutique ice cream places had like 2 people in line and then got to good old Whisky Tango DQ and the line was around the block.

Can't beat it.

Didn't know about the downtown DQ.
                          Of course you do.

Comment

QUOTE(BringBackZezel @ Oct 7 2005, 03:54 PM) Quoted post

I would love for there to be a Taco Bell in St. Louis.
                            [/b][/quote]
                            I miss taco bell breakfast.
                            Are you on the list?

Comment

i'm not in st louis, but i'll play along with what i'd like on my street: a chick fil a and a donut joint.

Comment

Working...
                              X