Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cards vs. Padres Game 3 Start Time

Per Bernie:

"Game 3 in SD will start at 10 p.m. STL time. (ESPN).

Game 4 in SD if necessary will start 3 p.m. STL time (ESPN2) but that could change depending on the status or conclusions of other series.

No starting time has been set for a potential Game 5 at Busch Monday night."
    ------------------------------------------

Also, in the same thread another poster found this story about Selig and MLB scheduling the Cards for a 10pm start back in 2002. What slug that man is.

Here's the story:

Selig promises end to late playoff starts
    Compiled from Times wires
    © St. Petersburg Times
    published October 6, 2002

ST. LOUIS -- Commissioner Bud Selig has apologized to Cardinals fans for a late playoff start time this week, and he vowed it won't happen again.

The Cardinals opened the NL division series at Arizona on Tuesday night. The game began after 10 p.m. CDT, making it hard for many local fans to watch.

"To say I'm sorry is the understatement of the year," Selig told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch on Friday. "You can't imagine how badly I feel. The team fights all year to get into first place and this was not good."

The game started so late because the television networks that show the playoffs, along with baseball officials, do not want to have two games on at the same time.

There were three games Tuesday, and two were out West, complicating the broadcast schedule.

"Our people had pored over this for hundreds of hours with the networks," Selig said. "It's a very tough situation, one where you're damned if you do and damned if you don't."

Selig, however, said he has ordered that there will be no more repeat performances.

"I told our people, "No more 10 p.m. starts,' " Selig said. "That's the end of it."
    *Syria becomes the 7th predominantly Muslim country bombed by 2009 Nobel Peace Laureate Barack Obama—after Afghanistan, Pakistan, Yemen, Somalia, Libya and Iraq

Dammit!

If oNly San Diego was located in the Carolinas, we wouldn't have this problem....

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
    Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
    -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

After the Blues/Sharks game...

Works for me.
      OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF INDEPENDENT MUSIC
      OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF YOUR 2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!!!
      OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF WACHA WACHA WACHA
      OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF PICKS AND PROSPECTS FOR THE OAKLAND ATHLETICS

Comment

Every team that plays West Coast teams has to go through this. Yankee fans had to deal with Game 2 of the ALDS against the Angels starting at 10 pm. Same deal for Red Sox fans when they played the Angels last season and the Athletics the season before.

Comment

The point I was making is why does Selig even make these innocuous promises when he knows and everyone else knows he'll NEVER keep them. He'd lie to his own mother for money.
          *Syria becomes the 7th predominantly Muslim country bombed by 2009 Nobel Peace Laureate Barack Obama—after Afghanistan, Pakistan, Yemen, Somalia, Libya and Iraq

Comment

QUOTE(devaskar @ Oct 7 2005, 03:02 AM) Quoted post

Every team that plays West Coast teams has to go through this. Yankee fans had to deal with Game 2 of the ALDS against the Angels starting at 10 pm. Same deal for Red Sox fans when they played the Angels last season and the Athletics the season before.
            [/b][/quote]

Yeah, but Dev, that was 10pm EASTERN. This is 11. WTF?

Comment

I can't trust anything Selig says until he gets his teeth fixed...or cleaned anyway

Comment

QUOTE(dhaab @ Oct 7 2005, 01:15 AM) Quoted post

Per Bernie:

"Game 3 in SD will start at 10 p.m. STL time. (ESPN).

Game 4 in SD if necessary will start 3 p.m. STL time (ESPN2) but that could change depending on the status or conclusions of other series.

No starting time has been set for a potential Game 5 at Busch Monday night."
                ------------------------------------------

Also, in the same thread another poster found this story about Selig and MLB scheduling the Cards for a 10pm start back in 2002. What slug that man is.

Here's the story:

Selig promises end to late playoff starts
                Compiled from Times wires
                © St. Petersburg Times
                published October 6, 2002

ST. LOUIS -- Commissioner Bud Selig has apologized to Cardinals fans for a late playoff start time this week, and he vowed it won't happen again.

The Cardinals opened the NL division series at Arizona on Tuesday night. The game began after 10 p.m. CDT, making it hard for many local fans to watch.

"To say I'm sorry is the understatement of the year," Selig told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch on Friday. "You can't imagine how badly I feel. The team fights all year to get into first place and this was not good."

The game started so late because the television networks that show the playoffs, along with baseball officials, do not want to have two games on at the same time.

There were three games Tuesday, and two were out West, complicating the broadcast schedule.

"Our people had pored over this for hundreds of hours with the networks," Selig said. "It's a very tough situation, one where you're damned if you do and damned if you don't."

Selig, however, said he has ordered that there will be no more repeat performances.

"I told our people, "No more 10 p.m. starts,' " Selig said. "That's the end of it."
                [/b][/quote]

It's hard here in the east as well. 11 o clock. At least it's Saturday night.

Don't forget that in 2001, the games at Arizona started late and they were on THE FUCKING FX NETWOR or ABC FAMILY OR SOME BULLSHIT CHANNEL.

No respect, I tell ya.
                But wait. There is something that can be done afterall. My good friend Angelo is a cop in the Tampa/Clearwater area. Since I kept all of the files from the access logs when I had the power to see them, guess what, I have everyone's IP addresses. Hmm..what can I do w/ those??

Comment

West coast starting times are a challenge. If the games are allowed to start at say 8 EST - 7CST, the fans of the west coast team will have to manage to get to the ball park at 5:00 PST. I think we've all either expierenced or have heard about the traffic out there. A five o'clock start would be a tough ordeal.

Why not play two divisional games per day, instead of trying to cram three or four?
                  Make America Great For Once.

Comment

Working...
                  X