Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need a new TV

Plasma? LCD?

Who works somewhere that can get me a deal?

Would you accept an unexcellent deal?
    Official 2014-15 Lounge Sponsor of Jori Lehterä
    "He'll Finnish You Off"

Comment

How soon can you get to New Orleans?
      Of course you do.

Comment

My current TV has grown tiredsome. I need something edgy.

I'm going to hang it over my fireplace, which means we're going to need to buy a loveseat or chair to fill the space where we have our TV now.

Yaks, please post a deal here.

Comment

My brother in law went here and was happy:

http://www.plasmatvbuyingguide.com/
          Of course you do.

Comment

QUOTE(ShortHop @ Oct 6 2005, 08:07 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

Thanks. I see this one on their list in the 42" model. My company has access to a partner website with Panasonic and I can pick this one up for $1875. Seems like a pretty good deal.

Comment

QUOTE(chazzz @ Oct 6 2005, 08:23 PM) Quoted post

QUOTE(ShortHop @ Oct 6 2005, 08:07 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

Thanks. I see this one on their list in the 42" model. My company has access to a partner website with Panasonic and I can pick this one up for $1875. Seems like a pretty good deal.
              [/b][/quote]

No prob. Happy if I can help.

Just got a Panasonic plasma myself. I've been happy so far with the product. How-EVUH, I hope you are good with this type of stuff, as Panasonic customer support (phone and internet) has been pretty poor so far.
              Of course you do.

Comment

QUOTE(chazzz @ Oct 6 2005, 08:05 PM) Quoted post

I'm going to hang it over my fireplace[/b][/quote]
                I rely heavily on others for this sort of thing so don't take it as gospel, but from what I understand you need to think about how much, if any, heat from the fireplace will hit the box.

I was going to take the plunge in the first quarter of next year but have decided to save up. I have an uncomfortable feeling about our economic prospects. JJ.

Comment

If you want edgy, I think you meant to go to insidestl.com

Comment

Make sure you get an HDTV w/ built-in HDTV tuner.
                    When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

Comment

What's the deal with plasma vs. LCD?

I heard that plasma's may have a short life span (3000 hrs).
                      LONG LIVE THE NOTE!

Comment

While we're on this topic, I guess I'll interject some more. I brought up the topic of DirecTV HD in a thread a few weeks back when I was shopping and BBZ had some useful info. I called DirecTV and confirmed the following:

From what I understood, DirecTV is making their current HD receiver obsolete and useless in December. As of right now, there is no trade up, or upgrade program announced. For instance, in my situation, I just got my first HD TV. If I went out and bought a DTV HD receiver today (approx $500), I very well MIGHT have to buy a new reciever (another $500 or so) in 2 months without recouping any money from the first one.

Just keep that in mind.
                        Of course you do.

Comment

DirecTV has always offered a free upgrade path for current subscribers.

All indications are they will do the same when MPEG4 rolls out in the first quarter of 2006.

Though nothing is official, DirecTV has indicated that they will offer free upgrades on existing HD equipement.
                          When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

Comment

DELL

I checked out their 30 inch LCD at the Dell kiosk in the mall, it was nice.
                            Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

Comment

QUOTE(WinstonSmith @ Oct 6 2005, 09:00 PM) Quoted post

DirecTV has always offered a free upgrade path for current subscribers.

All indications are they will do the same when MPEG4 rolls out in the first quarter of 2006.

Though nothing is official, DirecTV has indicated that they will offer free upgrades on existing HD equipement.
                              [/b][/quote]

Thanks. That's good to know. I wish they would announce it though - I just don't want to take the risk and go spend $500 and get burned.
                              Of course you do.

Comment

Working...
                              X